Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Why the retort in German, a country I have lived and worked, what's your point on that have you live there too ?

Well I can give you list of things remainers have got wrong, even accepting Brexit has hardly happened yet I can at least cite that the pre referendum projections for a post referendum UK were wrong and politically driven, you though to stay in the game need to either push your future projections upstream or refuse to accept any current economic data as positive anyway.

Guess you dont want to answer the actual question you were asked.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Guess you dont want to answer the actual question you were asked.

Well lets put it this way is 1.8% growth better than a recession, is a supposedly reducing inflation peak of 3.1% down last month to 3.0% with BoE forecasting lower nearer to the 2% target this year better than runaway inflation, is a historically high FTSE 100 & 250's markets better than a market crash and is historically low unemployment better than high unemployment or a continuation of historically low interest rates preferable to considerably higher interest rates.

What exactly did you think I might say.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Well lets put it this way is 1.8% growth better than a recession, is a supposedly reducing inflation peak of 3.1% down last month to 3.0% with BoE forecasting lower nearer to the 2% target this year better than runaway inflation, is a historically high FTSE 100 & 250's markets better than a market crash and is historically low unemployment better than high unemployment or a continuation of historically low interest rates preferable to considerably higher interest rates.

Im sorry, are you implying the country is better off now?, and how much of that data, can be placed on previous economic decisions pre referendum?
(Obviously all with the caveat that we have no fecking idea what the deal is going to be in a year)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Did you really say that Dan?

Capture.JPG

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Personally, I thought you'd come up with some load of old bollocks. And you've not disappointed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] you're a coward you put me on ignore a few days ago whilst you got spanked about for fun because of your previous silly posts and you have latched on to this absurdity thinking you have a morsel of a point and suddenly you and the nerdy gang are letting off stink bombs, but the older boy's still think you're nerds.

:lolol:

Whatever.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Personally, I thought you'd come up with some load of old bollocks. And you've not disappointed.

Uh oh, the nerdy gang has been on a recruitment drive at the school library.

It's a formidable signing from [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION], welcome [MENTION=33116]Garry Nelson's teacher[/MENTION], do you lot still play war games with your mates and make machine gun noises :lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Brexit means Brexit = Not a Mad Max style Dystopia.

Really getting the meat on the bones of this now aren't we. :thumbsup:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Fair enough, but BREXIT can be better linked to restaurant closures than it can be to Post office Closures, for example, which was the point of the original post I referred to.

And I would piss on you if you were on fire, but only after failing to find a less distasteful way of dousing the flames.

I think the germans are to blame for the restaurant closures-have you tried to get a KFC?Deutsche Post DHL have totally cocked up all their deliveries.Wonder if it's deliberate,or just the usual german incompetence!:lolol:Perhaps,Tubby,or one of his other multiple id's,could tell us.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The manufacture of Cars is a complex that involve a multitude of suppliers all that need to meet relavant and seoperate regulations where as many other items that have fewer component parts will be much easier to meet regulations

Some years ago a company imported into the UK medical equipment O Rings that fitted into a very specific very large bit of kit these O Rings were very specific and expensive, however this supplier found a company in the Far East that could supply these much cheaper they became quite popular and were fitted across EU then after a number of infections and at great expence the infection was traced back to some of these O Rings the supplier had made the first batch from the correct materials to pass inspection later they then introduced some reconstituted tyres into the mix to meet cost constraints.

In an internal market this is far less likley and this was one component just an O Ring not a complex multi component item

your example implies that its not possible for such sharp business practice or poor quality control occur within the single market. thats not true though is it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Some Brexiteers have declared on here they'd rather have Brexit and a United Ireland, and who knows a war too. Brexit at any cost it seems

Nice misquote - not sure why I would expect any different from you though.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Uh oh, the nerdy gang has been on a recruitment drive at the school library.

It's a formidable signing from [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION], welcome [MENTION=33116]Garry Nelson's teacher[/MENTION], do you lot still play war games with your mates and make machine gun noises :lolol:

Credit where credit's due: that's actually quite a good insult and disturbingly accurate. I'll stay away from the big boys from now on.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Some Brexiteers have declared on here they'd rather have Brexit and a United Ireland, and who knows a war too. Brexit at any cost it seems

and some remainers want to make problems in Northern Ireland all about Brexit, overlooking its local issues at the root of all their problems. or were the failure of energy scheme and McGuinness's resignation all down to the brexit vote?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's alright, David Davis has just said The Good Friday Agreement isn't going to be a problem in regards to Brexit, so it's all fine.

[tweet]965947214387449857[/tweet]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here