Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Santiago Zoo shoots dead 2 Lions

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The tragic waste of a beautiful animals life is locking them up in a Zoo.

At least they have been spared a lifetime of captivity.

I agree to a point.
The male Lion was born at the Zoo, and the female was rescued from a circus.
Im guessing the Lions are bred for replenishing the wilds, which seems the point of most Zoo's these days, but really dont know about this Zoo.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I agree to a point.
The male Lion was born at the Zoo, and the female was rescued from a circus.
Im guessing the Lions are bred for replenishing the wilds, which seems the point of most Zoo's these days, but really dont know about this Zoo.

plenty of lions in the wild dave....this zoo probably bred cubs for the cartel kids to abuse...not that that is an issue i'm sure you'll agree...innitt.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
plenty of lions in the wild dave....this zoo probably bred cubs for the cartel kids to abuse...not that that is an issue i'm sure you'll agree...innitt.

Dont know if its plenty.

The lion is one of the big cats in the genus Panthera and a member of the family Felidae. The commonly used term African lion collectively denotes the several subspecies found in Africa. Wikipedia
Scientific name: Panthera leo
Conservation status: Vulnerable (Population decreasing)

although, I guess having one Lion around, is one too many sometimes!

Attachments

• 13051652_10208555867509219_2992869262237888387_n.jpg
    13051652_10208555867509219_2992869262237888387_n.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 171

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
NSC's traditional empathy and understanding of mental health issues, alive and well today :thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more, talk about being awash in the milk of human kindness.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
At least they have been spared a lifetime of captivity.

That's true, and they can now provide quite a few meals for others.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If he wanted to end his life and be a meal for these lions, they should have respected his wishes.

Not good for the crowd watching though. Why not just take an overdose of something.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sorry, but I believe that suicide is generally a selfish act. Always have. **If your not considering the consequences of your suicide**...ie family, the people who have to deal with your remains, the transport drivers who have no chance to stop etc, then I think its fairly selfish. I understand that there are people with mental health issues. Doesnt really change how I feel about the act really. Im most likely in a minority, but .. thats me ...and yes, ive had family and friends commit suicide in the past...and have seen the effects on their families and friends.

** You do realise that people who are so desperate to do this, are not thinking and/or have lost the power of logical thought don't you ? Do you think it was their life's ambition and thought at school " I know, I will top myself one day "

I don't consider suicide selfish, not in anyway, quite the opposite

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i reckon if i was gonna neck myself the last thing i would come up with would be to jump , naked into a lion enclosure....shows my lack of imagination i suppose....:down:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Dont know if its plenty.

The lion is one of the big cats in the genus Panthera and a member of the family Felidae. The commonly used term African lion collectively denotes the several subspecies found in Africa. Wikipedia
Scientific name: Panthera leo
Conservation status: Vulnerable (Population decreasing)

although, I guess having one Lion around, is one too many sometimes!

most primate / large animal populations are in decline mate....apart from the scourge on the planet that is the human being...homo erectus , homo sapiens.....if you will , lions used to be resident throughout the African and European Eurasian region ......there is still what could be described as a healthy population in game parks throughout Southern Africa but yes , in the wild they are few and far between. Just about any big cat species is in decline / under threat i'm afraid.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What is it with zoo authorities these days? Are they really so inept, out of touch with the modern digital world?

Why not just keep the cameras rolling as the lions ATE him? Just think how many hits and likes that would have got on YouTube and the internet in general. The zoo's finances could have been sorted to about 2020!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
most primate / large animal populations are in decline mate....apart from the scourge on the planet that is the human being...homo erectus , homo sapiens.....if you will , lions used to be resident throughout the African and European Eurasian region ......there is still what could be described as a healthy population in game parks throughout Southern Africa but yes , in the wild they are few and far between. Just about any big cat species is in decline / under threat i'm afraid.

Rather them than me.

Sorry!

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
What is it with zoo authorities these days? Are they really so inept, out of touch with the modern digital world?

Why not just keep the cameras rolling as the lions ATE him? Just think how many hits and likes that would have got on YouTube and the internet in general. The zoo's finances could have been sorted to about 2020!

Ghoulish. :moo:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sorry, but I believe that suicide is generally a selfish act. Always have. If your not considering the consequences of your suicide...ie family, the people who have to deal with your remains, the transport drivers who have no chance to stop etc, then I think its fairly selfish. I understand that there are people with mental health issues. Doesnt really change how I feel about the act really. Im most likely in a minority, but .. thats me ...and yes, ive had family and friends commit suicide in the past...and have seen the effects on their families and friends.

Dave, you are thinking rationally. Which is the whole point on these types of thread.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorry, but I believe that suicide is generally a selfish act. Always have. If your not considering the consequences of your suicide...ie family, the people who have to deal with your remains, the transport drivers who have no chance to stop etc, then I think its fairly selfish. I understand that there are people with mental health issues. Doesnt really change how I feel about the act really. Im most likely in a minority, but .. thats me ...and yes, ive had family and friends commit suicide in the past...and have seen the effects on their families and friends.
If life is so bad that you can't ever foresee a time when it's worth living, then I think it's fair to say you're not coping very well or dealing with things rationally. If that's how bad it's got, and you're looking for a way out, then it's no surprise that you're not thinking to much about how others will feel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here