Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal fan receives FA Cup final tickets from a balloon that deflated at 29,000 feet!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
An Arsenal fan has bagged a pair of FA Cup final tickets which were sent into the stratosphere ahead of Saturday's match.

The VIP passes were attached to a weather balloon released from Wembley Stadium at about 06:00 BST.

They reached a height of 29,000ft (8,839m), before the balloon burst and they floated by parachute to Broad Oak, Sussex, the Football Association said.

The grandmother of Gunners fan George Lamb later found them in the village.

"When I woke up this morning the idea of going to the FA Cup final hadn't crossed my mind," the 19-year-old said.

more....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-32901233

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Haha that's about a 1 min drive from me. Bloody glory supporter..

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Pretty amazing that a) they were found b) they were found by someone with an Arsenal fan in the family.

#cynic

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Pretty amazing that a) they were found b) they were found by someone with an Arsenal fan in the family.

#cynic

Amazing given how few Arsenal fans you find in these rural towns in the Sussex countryside. Imagine if the wind had changed and the balloon had burst over one of their heaving pots of traditional support like Finsbury Park, Kings Cross, Stevenage, Harlow or Bishops Stortford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here