Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton out- Discuss

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Yet another poor performance with very debatable team selection. We set up not to concede rather than to try and find win. Get to g fed up with inept performances both home and away.

Rubbish.

His plan was masterful. A one goal defeat.

As a result Albion have gone up to 13th in the table after Southampton's defeat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a shame the OP decided to go 'social media inflammatory' target click bait over an actual discussion.

I do think CH needs to be quizzed over recent performances.
We look a shadow of the team v Utd.
Tactics have been too defensive recently.
The team has started appallingly for the last 3 games.

But all that goes by the wayside if your opening gambit is something as cretinous as Hughton out.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is this what Psychobilly freakout was talking about with the late kick off meaning too so much drinking there is trouble?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Can we seriously expect to consistently smash top 5 teams, in the style of the Man Utd game? Not really. Did we really expect Chris to go all guns blazing against a team who are brilliant on the counter, with those quick passing moves they're so fond of? Not really. Did we dare to dream? Probably. The reality is that results like the Man Utd one are forever going to be infrequent... we can't really expect to compete against teams of genuine world class ability, unless we get lucky or have one of those brilliant games.

Hughton will not be sacked, ever, unless we were in the bottom three of the championship. Tony loves him and doubtless would give him the chance to rip up the Championship once again if/when we go back down...

I actually think we'll go this year, as one of the three, we're just lacking too much, too often. It's very fine margins though, and a long way to go... time will tell.

My biggest gripe is the amount of £££ we've spent on our lavish bench. It's clear that Chris is going 'tried and tested' and this will probably be our downfall. It's ridiculous that a player we pursued (Ali J) for so long and paid so much for is sitting watching Solly do, well, not much. Bong too has proven his lack of quality twice in recent games and yet remains first pick. Then we have Jurgen hmmmmmm and Benardo hmmmmm... I remain confused as to our policy in this department?!? other teams seem to play new signings from the get go, yet ours languish in relative obscurity... at this rate we're going to be bedding in our 'newbies' away at Preston next season! Doubtless Chris will further embed his belief in the old guard by dropping three or four next week, and thus justify immediate recalls for all and sundry after we get destroyed. It's got to be deliberate... right?

It's really frustrating.

But I will not advocate sacking a man, with the integrity and ability of CH, just yet.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Palace troll.

Moronic comment.

I didn't expect us to beat spurs but yet again we come out with, seemingly, no intention of taking the game to them. Same against Southampton. We don't start playing until we are two down which is ridiculous. We continually pick March, not because of his attacking capabilities but because of what he does defensively. Bong is a weakness and I cannot fathom how, on one performance against Watford and playing out of position, Bernado is ditched.

Hughton is a very cautious manager and, irrespective of what he has achieved, it what is happening now that is relevant.

Against Fulham it could have been different had we scored the penalty but you could question why a player that was injured shortly before is taking it, but against Southampton we were terrible in the first half and that was a game we should be going into hoping to win. Today, we are playing a top 6 team and we should be playing it as a free hit but we don't.

As for the substitutions, one forced early on but the second, as ever, on 70ish minutes.and then, with Andone on the bench, he brings on Locadia who has had a torrid time and is lacking in any confidence.

So, to all you muppets who churn out the crap that we should be grateful where we are, it's where we are heading that is relevant.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can we seriously expect to consistently smash top 5 teams, in the style of the Man Utd game? Not really. Did we really expect Chris to go all guns blazing against a team who are brilliant on the counter, with those quick passing moves they're so fond of? Not really. Did we dare to dream? Probably. The reality is that results like the Man Utd one are forever going to be infrequent... we can't really expect to compete against teams of genuine world class ability, unless we get lucky or have one of those brilliant games.

Hughton will not be sacked, ever, unless we were in the bottom three of the championship. Tony loves him and doubtless would give him the chance to rip up the Championship once again if/when we go back down...

I actually think we'll go this year, as one of the three, we're just lacking too much, too often. It's very fine margins though, and a long way to go... time will tell.

My biggest gripe is the amount of £££ we've spent on our lavish bench. It's clear that Chris is going 'tried and tested' and this will probably be our downfall. It's ridiculous that a player we pursued (Ali J) for so long and paid so much for is sitting watching Solly do, well, not much. Bong too has proven his lack of quality twice in recent games and yet remains first pick. Then we have Jurgen hmmmmmm and Benardo hmmmmm... I remain confused as to our policy in this department?!? other teams seem to play new signings from the get go, yet ours languish in relative obscurity... at this rate we're going to be bedding in our 'newbies' away at Preston next season! Doubtless Chris will further embed his belief in the old guard by dropping three or four next week, and thus justifying immediate recalls for all and sundry after we get destroyed. It's got to be deliberate... right?

It's really frustrating.

But I will not advocate sacking a man, with the integrity and ability of CH, just yet.

That's a fair post and I wouldn't question the integrity of CH. But, like you, I find it frustrating that we buy these players and never play them, especially when the ones they could replace aren't setting the world alight! I don't expect us to smash any of the top six but I'd like to see us giving it a go. In the first half today, Bissouma was so deep and never really got a touch in the opponents half.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's a shame the OP decided to go 'social media inflammatory' target click bait over an actual discussion.

I do think CH needs to be quizzed over recent performances.
We look a shadow of the team v Utd.
Tactics have been too defensive recently.
The team has started appallingly for the last 3 games.

But all that goes by the wayside if your opening gambit is something as cretinous as Hughton out.

It wasn't click bait, I've only just got back from the game.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Hughton Out?

Brave man. I was going to be out, too, but the weather put me off.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
That's a fair post and I wouldn't question the integrity of CH. But, like you, I find it frustrating that we buy these players and never play them, especially when the ones they could replace aren't setting the world alight! I don't expect us to smash any of the top six but I'd like to see us giving it a go. In the first half today, Bissouma was so deep and never really got a touch in the opponents half.

Yep it hurts... especially on the back of that Utd match... dangerous thing; hope... it can quickly turn to bitter despair. I reckon more than a few are frustrated by certain names on the team-sheet. Actually; I'm starting to think Chris' printer in broken and he's sticking the same sheet on the olde notice board to avoid looking un techno savvy!!

Remember Drew, you've gotta laugh... it's only a game. We might stay up and, well, we can do this around 20 times next season too ;) heh heh

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think some of our fans think they are supporting a better team than Brighton. Sad that a thread like this is even started, the op should have a word with himself after thinking how far we have come since CH arrived. Whether we like it or not survival is all that actually matters now that we are at the top table, we are on course to give ourselves a chance. We are not going to be one of the attractive teams in this division for a while, if ever.

This.

Nothing to discuss.

Great manager, lucky to have him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here