Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] From the makers of Line Of Duty....CONTAINS SPOILERS

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Am enjoying but the writer only had to look back 10years for the script - remember, the then home security’s wife had an affair with one of his protection officers.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
My guess is the bodyguard is being set up by the security forces or Number ten. It will be interesting to see who the wife's boyfriend is and if they have anything to do with the plot. Is the Home Secretary dead? I would not be surprised as the writer has a habit of killing off lead characters, usually before now. Anyway most enjoyable.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Could you imagine a protection officer sleeping with Theresa May when she was Home Sec but nonetheless its quite enjoyable.

Am enjoying but the writer only had to look back 10years for the script - remember, the then home security’s wife had an affair with one of his protection officers.

Paul Rice, the Protection Officer who had an affair with Alan Johnson's wife did go on to provide protection to Theresa May when she was Home Secretary before he was eventually dismissed so who knows!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...C-who-had-affair-with-Alan-Johnson-s-wife/amp

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
My guess is the bodyguard is being set up by the security forces or Number ten. It will be interesting to see who the wife's boyfriend is and if they have anything to do with the plot. Is the Home Secretary dead? I would not be surprised as the writer has a habit of killing off lead characters, usually before now. Anyway most enjoyable.

I hadn't even thought about the wife's boyfriend but you may well be right. My theory, probably totally off the wall, is that the Rob MacDonald character is setting up Tahir Mahmood so that he looks inefficient, but is there more to it than that? Strange that Tahir appeared with the briefcase, given to him by Rob MacDonald, and he was cleared as being "safe" and accepted that he needed to give the Home Secretary papers due to errors in the speech, and then someone appears to her left and the bomb goes off.....!! Loving it even if I am totally wrong. Unsure if she is dead or alive.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
I hadn't even thought about the wife's boyfriend but you may well be right. My theory, probably totally off the wall, is that the Rob MacDonald character is setting up Tahir Mahmood so that he looks inefficient, but is there more to it than that? Strange that Tahir appeared with the briefcase, given to him by Rob MacDonald, and he was cleared as being "safe" and accepted that he needed to give the Home Secretary papers due to errors in the speech, and then someone appears to her left and the bomb goes off.....!! Loving it even if I am totally wrong. Unsure if she is dead or alive.

Who was the person with the briefcase at the side of the stage? They must be dead, surely? Tahir appeared, later, unscathed?

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Well really enjoying this, a few things though who moved his gun and put it behind the light fitting, who changed the bullets to blank s, how did Budd know to look there when previously he hid it in another place and what was on the memory stick that was next to the gun?
More questions than answers from tonights episode.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Who was the person with the briefcase at the side of the stage? They must be dead, surely? Tahir appeared, later, unscathed?

Tahir and yes he is suspected as the suicide bomber. No he didn't appear later unless you are confusing him with the Asian detective?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Quite clear from the CCTV still frame sequence the the blast did not originate from the suitcase.More front row of the auditorium.
Why were the two were running to the front?, he was never even asked what prompted him to do that.
Scenes of crime would have been all over the debris to find where out where the bomb blew up from, but none of that has been discussed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
'
Last nights episode points to number ten ...but then if he was being set up why was his gun moved ..and blanks put in it...thats kind of like 'unsetting' him up

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Tahir and yes he is suspected as the suicide bomber. No he didn't appear later unless you are confusing him with the Asian detective?

yes i got that mixed up, thanks. enjoyed last night's episode too. security set up, nailed on :moo:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
'
Last nights episode points to number ten ...but then if he was being set up why was his gun moved ..and blanks put in it...thats kind of like 'unsetting' him up

But if he had shot himself with real bullets then surely Number 10 could have blamed him for the bomb and then claimed he took his life out of guilt. Which would have neatly wrapped up the story, although would have left us with two fewer episodes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here