Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
[tweet]1036162379153854465[/tweet]

Given their famous failure to win a match without him since 2016 it's hard to see how you could possibly argue against Savage's comment. Unless you're delusional of course. Then it makes perfect sense.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given their famous failure to win a match without him since 2016 it's hard to see how you could possibly argue against Savage's comment. Unless you're delusional of course. Then it makes perfect sense.

Sign a new massive contract then go straight on the sick.

Nobody could ever doubt Mr Tumble's commitment to palace.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Wasn't that Stephen Dobbie? Played 1 game after signing permanently then shipped out?

They did loan Dobbie out not long after they completed his perm move from us. But I don't think they actually wanted him buy then due to their PL promotion but had no choice as it was part of the loan deal between the two clubs.

The player they signed and then didn't name in their 25 man squad was Florian Marange. He played in the League Cup and was described as slow by Holloway (I wonder what the scouting reports said, if they actually bothered to scout him), they paid his contract up and released him in October.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Exactly. They've sold this "amazing atmosphere" lie for years while fans of every other club have been laughing at them. It's even funnier now.

The whole 'atmosphere' thing baffles me. TV commentators drone on about it but they're vertically above the away fans so any noise they hear must be coming from them. Maybe they just feel they ought to repeat what everyone else says so as not to feel they're missing out. Certainly from the press box - which is in the corner of the old stand at the Holmesdale end - Selhurst is no louder than any other ground and quieter than many.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The whole 'atmosphere' thing baffles me. TV commentators drone on about it but they're vertically above the away fans so any noise they hear must be coming from them. Maybe they just feel they ought to repeat what everyone else says so as not to feel they're missing out. Certainly from the press box - which is in the corner of the old stand at the Holmesdale end - Selhurst is no louder than any other ground and quieter than many.

Heard the sky commentators saying good things about the Leicester atmosphere too when all you here are clappers. Just them bigging up wherever they are to encourage more interest. Probably wouldn't go down very well if they took the piss out of a bunch of black clad hoody morons with no interest in anything other than their own reputation. I'd appreciate such honesty but I'd imaging the always ultras one time sponsors cpfc2010 being a little hacked off.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Heard the sky commentators saying good things about the Leicester atmosphere too when all you here are clappers. Just them bigging up wherever they are to encourage more interest. Probably wouldn't go down very well if they took the piss out of a bunch of black clad hoody morons with no interest in anything other than their own reputation. I'd appreciate such honesty but I'd imaging the always ultras one time sponsors cpfc2010 being a little hacked off.

This is it. "Atmosphere" on TV is just hype for the foreign audiences/TV viewers

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Wasn't that Stephen Dobbie? Played 1 game after signing permanently then shipped out?

It's all flooding back now - didn't those goons then start claiming that they'd achieved the payoff place purely through the loan of Dobbie who'd single handedly secured it for them? Some horseshit like that anyway

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And to think [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] [MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION] [MENTION=25756]Se20[/MENTION] etc all said I was making shit up!
#provedright
690D4ABB-B0FE-4919-9371-02B1A21A4871.png

E74CAC6D-39F6-4199-A418-9E99984E5B24.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
No wonder so many of their real fans switched in 2010 when the club folded.

Palace ladies play at Hayes Lane.
I’ve been to Hayes Lane using my Palace st.
Local team and all that, is that ok with you ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Palace ladies play at Hayes Lane.
I’ve been to Hayes Lane using my Palace st.
Local team and all that, is that ok with you ?

Ah another turncoat - Bromley programme seller I know reckons there’s hundreds of you who left after the franchise changed again :ffsparr:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Ah another turncoat - Bromley programme seller I know reckons there’s hundreds of you who left after the franchise changed again :ffsparr:

Goodnight Sheebo, sweet dreams x

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Christ. How up their own arses are these Ultras?

Atmosphere probably tailed off a bit because they were shite for most of the season. Not because they were restricted to the corner. It was bloody good when we came down unfortunately.

Wembley this, Wembley that, no mention of them boycotting Selhurst currently. They are deliberately stirring this situation to help their agenda.

What a bunch of *****. Not often I'd back Parish and co but they've got this bang on.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
That’s incredible, absolutely incredible. New levels of delusion!

100 kids or grown men who should know better dressed with their hooky eBay SI / C-Company hoodies are a game changer, power house of the English leagues!!

The absolute state of them - it would be laughable if not so utterly tragic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here