Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Theresa May Dancing

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I actually feel sorry for her. Just on a human level, she is one of the most socially retarded people I have ever seen. She is utterly incapable of interacting naturally with anyone or anything. Every conversation looks awkward, every encounter is stilted. She can stand there and read a speech, but god help her when she gets asks questions and actually has to think of something to say. She never has anything to say - she reverts to her party and media training, talking in soundbites, almost always beginning with the line "I've always been very clear..." just to give herself an extra few seconds to try and come up with whatever pre-prepared soundbite she needs to come up with in order to say nothing at all, nothing we haven't heard a thousand times before. Trying to sound authoritative and in control, but just coming across again as, well....the Maybot. I have no doubt that being dragged into a situation where she had to DANCE (ie look a bit natural), was her worst nightmare. She could not have looked less comfortable if someone had pushed her into a burning shed. She's awkward, weird, and painfully self-aware.

And of all the times to get someone like this, she's our leader :facepalm:

Actually laughing at this..

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I actually feel sorry for her. Just on a human level, she is one of the most socially retarded people I have ever seen. She is utterly incapable of interacting naturally with anyone or anything. Every conversation looks awkward, every encounter is stilted. She can stand there and read a speech, but god help her when she gets asks questions and actually has to think of something to say. She never has anything to say - she reverts to her party and media training, talking in soundbites, almost always beginning with the line "I've always been very clear..." just to give herself an extra few seconds to try and come up with whatever pre-prepared soundbite she needs to come up with in order to say nothing at all, nothing we haven't heard a thousand times before. Trying to sound authoritative and in control, but just coming across again as, well....the Maybot. I have no doubt that being dragged into a situation where she had to DANCE (ie look a bit natural), was her worst nightmare. She could not have looked less comfortable if someone had pushed her into a burning shed. She's awkward, weird, and painfully self-aware.

And of all the times to get someone like this, she's our leader :facepalm:

Everything I thought about her, but couldn't be bothered to type out. Bravo sir!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
At least shes having a go, which seems to please the locals. Better than standing back with a condescending look on here face which would have really antagonised them

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Laugh or cry? Arm in arm with Trump when the rest of the world, bar a few crackpot dictators, distance themselves from im....and now this. Is there anything she won’t do to try and get a trade deal? Utterly desperate to prostitute yourself in such a way.

How dare you Herr! She's my local MP don't you know. I actually like her, more balls than the senior men in her party that's for sure and she's been a brilliant local MP for a long time. Does loads for charity, gets out and about, joining in things and doing the best she can. Including dancing, in the full knowledge she'd be lambasted. A very approachable and a decent human being who works tirelessly and to best of her abilities. Not her fault if that's not good enough and the country was / remains in a meltdown regardless of who's / would be in power. We're sort of like the national team in the mid noughties - very hard to see any decent prospects for at least another generation yet everyone thinks they'd could better manage :) Depressing huh?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
She has always looked uncomfortable in a Human Body, she can't do Empathy with anyone on any level, she has no policy ideas, she speaks in repeated soundbites and can't answer a genuine question. But only now, do we vilify her because she can't dance either !

She's already been vilified for all the things you mention. You're right, she does look uncomfortable in a human body, and her excruciating attempts to throw some shapes has only added to that image. She looks like she's being contolled on strings by an invisible puppeteer with parkinsons.

Actually laughing at this..

Everything I thought about her, but couldn't be bothered to type out. Bravo sir!

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
At least shes having a go, which seems to please the locals. Better than standing back with a condescending look on here face which would have really antagonised them

I dislike May and the Tories as much as the next guy but I have to say I very much agree with this. Yes, she looks uncomfortable and completely unnatural, as she usually does in similar situations where it’s not scripted, but at least she’s getting involved :shrug:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm broadly with [MENTION=23842]Scunner[/MENTION] if it helps at all, and I'm certainly not a Conservative. Unlike many, it seems, I vote based on what I feel at the time of any given election, most recently Liberal Democrat.

I struggle to see how anyone could "be a Conservative", although you could put any party name in that quote, as it suggests that such a person will always vote for one party regardless of who is representing that party and what that party is proposing at any given time, How could anyone do that?

This is exactly my feeling. I think I've voted in 5 general elections, casting my vote for three different parties.

All the political parties go through changes and shift from one point-of-view to another, often based on who is in charge at the time. It seems highly unlikely that a party's change in policies will align exactly with my feelings on the subjects at the time. So I really don't understand how people can just stick with one party for life. A lot of those people which do, seem to have a very blinkered view of politics, and just see everything their party does as good and everything the other parties do as bad.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Agree, entirely a no win situation for her. What were her alternatives?

1. Not dance at all. Cue diatribes from her detractors for being a wooden robot with no empathy towards those lovely African children...a racist robot!!
2. Make slight movements with her hands awkwardly. Cue diatribes from her detractors for being a wooden robot with no empathy towards those lovely African children...a racist robot!!
3. Dance. Cue diatribes from her detractors for being a wooden robot with no empathy towards those lovely African children...an awkward embarrassment.

Dickheads, get a life.

What are you, her dad or something? Snowflake. :lolol:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yep voted for all kinds of different parties over the last 20 years and couldn't give a toss about their dancing skills. That said (and with amber rudd as my local mp) I will not be voting blue for a very long time.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I'm broadly with [MENTION=23842]Scunner[/MENTION] if it helps at all, and I'm certainly not a Conservative. Unlike many, it seems, I vote based on what I feel at the time of any given election, most recently Liberal Democrat.

I struggle to see how anyone could "be a Conservative", although you could put any party name in that quote, as it suggests that such a person will always vote for one party regardless of who is representing that party and what that party is proposing at any given time, How could anyone do that?

I am the same a my votes change based on policy. Where in live is true blue territory, I saw a Labour canvasser knock on a door during the last local election campaign, the lady answered the door saw his red rosette, slammed the door and shouted "I'm a Tory" though the letter box at him, it was both funny and bizarre, like she would catch some Labour disease if she spoke to him. Folks are strange.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A lot of those people which do, seem to have a very blinkered view of politics, and just see everything their party does as good and everything the other parties do as bad.

Exactly. There will be many on this thread, on this site and within the electorate for whom Theresa May can do no right at all and, as I posted earlier, would be ridiculing her for how she dealt with this - dance, not dance or whatever.

I'm very much an introvert, and will do almost anything to avoid being in any kind of spotlight. Looking at Theresa May, I just see someone who is incredibly awkward socially but, unfortunately, happens to be in a job which comes under microscopic levels of detail. Regardless of anything else that comes with the position of British Prime Minister, that could be absolutely horrific to deal with.

David Cameron had many traits, both bad and good, but he generally carried himself well in public, and had a level of confidence that Theresa May is unlikely to ever enjoy.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Exactly. There will be many on this thread, on this site and within the electorate for whom Theresa May can do no right at all and, as I posted earlier, would be ridiculing her for how she dealt with this - dance, not dance or whatever.

I'm very much an introvert, and will do almost anything to avoid being in any kind of spotlight. Looking at Theresa May, I just see someone who is incredibly awkward socially but, unfortunately, happens to be in a job which comes under microscopic levels of detail. Regardless of anything else that comes with the position of British Prime Minister, that could be absolutely horrific to deal with.

David Cameron had many traits, both bad and good, but he generally carried himself well in public, and had a level of confidence that Theresa May is unlikely to ever enjoy.

It is a tougher job & one I’m not sure she’s doing well at, shame Corbyn won’t get a chance to have go though!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Her legacy will be a mere footnote. The idiot who abandoned her own principles and tried to lead us out of Europe and a few video clips of stupid dancing about with some embarassed black people on an HIGNFY end of year round up. Then gone and quickly forgotten.

Personally, I’d like a stronger leader. Someone who says “no, I’m a pensioner and a world leader and my country is in serious trouble. I have more important things to do” when her advisors tell her to dance with the locals.
Like when David Cameron was asked what his favourite biscuit was. He answered the question. What he should have said is “you wasted a question on that piffle? I’m the bloody Prime Minister of Great Britain, ask me a sensible question”. But no, we get weak spine after weak spine. Appalling.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Laugh or cry? Arm in arm with Trump when the rest of the world, bar a few crackpot dictators, distance themselves from im....and now this. Is there anything she won’t do to try and get a trade deal? Utterly desperate to prostitute yourself in such a way.

Yes of course, I have just asked my 15 yo daughter to name two dictators, she replied “ The North Korean & The Russian “ Thaycof course are very close to Trump aren’t they!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
She is not an OAP at a wedding who has had one sherry too many. She is our PM. Pack it in you silly cow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here