Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Most seem to think Cohen is hoping for a pardon. His lawyer has just confirmed his client would "never accept a pardon from a man he considers to be a corrupt and dangerous person". This is one of Trump's closest allies for the past decade.

The orange baby looks fairly likely to be deposed in the Stormy Daniels suit now. He would utterly fall apart under deposition - how would he keep up with his own lies?

Drain the swamp - by filling it with the biggest set of swamp creatures the US has ever seen.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He would utterly fall apart under deposition - how would he keep up with his own lies?
Oh god, can you imagine! It would just be bare faced lie after bare faced lie, and when they read back his previous statements he'd either say they didn't happen, or it was a joke. And as it became more silly, he'd have to shut up and plead the 5th.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
How does Teflon Don get away from this one?!

He's white, still. And male. And still hates the same people he hated in 2016. That should be enough to save him, at least until 2020.

Trump voters voted for Trump to get people. Get the Mexicans. Get the uppity women. Get the liberals. Get the blacks. Get the Muslims.

Get, get, get.

Provided he makes a good show of it -- more travel bans, more executive orders, more deportations -- he should be fine.
His support is non-rational and certainly not based on a calculation of economic self-interest.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Despite the fact that "Truth isn't truth" the chance of impeachment this term has increased. Money being placed on the premise that the Dems will win back the House and see it through.

I believe he will be impeached before the end of his term. Will he then see out the term? Of course he will. Being found guilty is a mere bump in the road to that man and his supporters. He will ignore it, see out the term and stand again.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Where has that embarrassing Trump apologist, [MENTION=4800]Tyrone Biggums[/MENTION] gone? I'm sure he can tell us why this is all perfectly normal and reasonable.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He's white, still. And male. And still hates the same people he hated in 2016. That should be enough to save him, at least until 2020.

Trump voters voted for Trump to get people. Get the Mexicans. Get the uppity women. Get the liberals. Get the blacks. Get the Muslims.

Get, get, get.

Provided he makes a good show of it -- more travel bans, more executive orders, more deportations -- he should be fine.
His support is non-rational and certainly not based on a calculation of economic self-interest.

But this isn't about his support. This is about the law. How does he stay as President if he is confirmed categorically and with empirical evidence as a criminal with multiple felonies?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
But this isn't about his support. This is about the law. How does he stay as President if he is confirmed categorically and with empirical evidence as a criminal with multiple felonies?

Fake Laws! Bad! What about Crooked Hilary? Witch Hunt. CNN jernalists bad. Fake.

etc etc – case dismissed, surely?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

He's only a criminal with multiple felonies if HE is tried and found guilty. And the policy (not the law) is that you don't indict a sitting president.

And don't forget, he has already stated he has the right to pardon himself if necessary.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
I wonder who'll play Trump in the movie? And the mini-series.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
You need 67 Senate votes to remove him from office. That's not going to happen, regardless of how much evidence piles up.

For a sufficient number of big-empty-square-ex-Confederate-state senators, Trump's the sovereign, chosen by our Lord from before the beginning of all time as a special dispensation for America, specifically to deliver us from That Bitch. You always have to remember that about a third of the country are essentially divine-right monarchists.

Get rid of Trump, and the ewes won't lamb, the cows won't calve, and the grain will rotten in the barn. Pestilence will stalk the land and Jehovah will turn his face away from us.

Juan Albion

You need 67 Senate votes to remove him from office. That's not going to happen, regardless of how much evidence piles up.

For a sufficient number of big-empty-square-ex-Confederate-state senators, Trump's the sovereign, chosen by our Lord from before the beginning of all time as a special dispensation for America, to delivered us from That Bitch. You always have to remember that about a third of the country are essentially divine-right monarchists.

Get rid of Trump, and the ewes won't lamb, the cows won't calve, and the grain will rotten in the barn. Pestilence will stalk the land and Jehovah will turn his face away from us.

While that is all true, it is also true that above anything else, the same senators value their place in Congress. They will ditch Trump like a hot flask if they think he might cost them their seat. But we aren't there yet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

For a sufficient number of big-empty-square-ex-Confederate-state senators, Trump's the sovereign, chosen by our Lord from before the beginning of all time as a special dispensation for America, specifically to deliver us from That Bitch. You always have to remember that about a third of the country are essentially divine-right monarchists.

What about when it becomes clear to them they will pretty much all be wiped out in November?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Imagine a UK governing coalition where the DUP isn't a fringe party, albeit a crucial one, but a plurality -- and it's still run by Ian Paisley.
A party of ethno-nationalist religious zealots, with enough seats in the legislature to veto any deal, and led by the Big Fella.

That's the hand that the GOP has been dealt.

Juan Albion

Where has that embarrassing Trump apologist, [MENTION=4800]Tyrone Biggums[/MENTION] gone? I'm sure he can tell us why this is all perfectly normal and reasonable.

He's off looking for Hillary's emails and Obama's birth certificate because they are SO relevant.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

You're the one embarrassing yourself by losing your shit over Trump. It's ****ing hilarious in fact.

Thanks for tagging me back in so I can laugh at you some more :lolol:

It's like your tiny mind hasn't even been able to register all the videos or counter points I've produced came from left leaning US liberals.

That's why it's pointless discussing anything with you Rachel.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here