Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Crouch End Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
b9b6f04d9dde7c8057eb89fa92dd586a.jpg

I’m on holiday in Netherlands and saw this on Monday saying we’ve offered 25m Euros.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
so....

announcement at 10 (am) then?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Although I have been supporting Brighton since the 1970s as a kid, I didn't join this forum until recently relying on people such as Andy Naylor and twitter as my source of information, but, over the past few days I have never had so much internet fun. :)

Watching the would-be Sherlock's yesterday identifying and tracking his private jet was pure entertainment gold - then spotting him outside the medical centre in Brighton just shows how much reach this forum has and kudos to whoever started it.
Of course there will be a lot of red herrings, but there is 'no smoke without fire' and you can get the gist of how things are going through sifting through all the crap.

Really excited and buzzing about our club and where it is going and I wish my father was around to see these times as he was the guy that first introduced me to the Albion when I was four years old, bless him.

This.

Sorry if I have upset the Naylor fan club, honestly not bashing him. It was more of an attempt at sarcastic humour after the intense plane tracking/street photo minute-by-minute nail biting nerve shredding LOL BHAness of it all yesterday on here. I thought it was the big announcement, not an update. :shrug:

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
This.

Sorry if I have upset the Naylor fan club, honestly not bashing him. It was more of an attempt at sarcastic humour after the intense plane tracking/street photo minute-by-minute nail biting nerve shredding LOL BHAness of it all yesterday on here. I thought it was the big announcement, not an update. :shrug:

As many others have said I guess he has a privileged relationship with the club and wishes to maintain that and drops as many hints as he possibly can and cannot go ahead of the club and announce what he presumably really knows without threatening that relationship - all is good :) and I guess we will be told in good time, however frustrated through our excitement we get. :)

Good times eh...!!! :albion2::albion2::):albion2::albion2:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
As many others have said I guess he has a privileged relationship with the club and wishes to maintain that and drops as many hints as he possibly can and cannot go ahead of the club and announce what he presumably really knows without threatening that relationship - all is good :) and I guess we will be told in good time, however frustrated through our excitement we get. :)

He did say yesterday (before the NSC jet stalking) that his bet was that it would happen in 24-48 hours. That looks like it was a well informed bet to me!

el punal

b9b6f04d9dde7c8057eb89fa92dd586a.jpg

I’m on holiday in Netherlands and saw this on Monday saying we’ve offered 25m Euros.

AZ don’t seem to have done too badly financially - nearly €50 million pocketed in the last couple of years on transfers. It would be interesting to know what their initial outlay was for the three players in question.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This.

I'm wouldn't claim to be a member of AN's 'fan club', I just don't see the value in having a pop at someone for doing their job :shrug:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

He won't have had anything concrete yesterday because people well ahead of him had nothing concrete either.

You are however correct that he won't go ahead and report anything without the Clubs approval because he knows if he does that and it costs the club in losing out on a transfer or costing them more they would just cut ties. So he is right to wait for the club to give the go ahead before reporting anything. After all getting a scoop 1 hour before is better than getting the news 1 hour after everyone else has been told.

The guy does right to respect the Clubs wishes.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Take a look at our list of signings so far, include this guy and pinch yourself.

Especially when our summer signings 10 years ago were Colin Hawkins (Coventry), Kevin McLeod (Colchester) and David Livermore (Hull).

How far we have come, thanks to Dick Knight and Tony Bloom :bowdown:

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
I have nothing new to add to this thread but since I have been part of the Calleri, Pritchard, Owen, Kanchelskis etc madnesses I want to make history as well. Btw, has Mark McGammon find his way back from Turf Moor?

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
(To the tune of 'Temptation' by the magnificent Heaven 17)

It's never been closer,
We've even watched him land,
His name is Ali,
He's from a country full of sand,

While it's been great to speculate,
We can't keep on waiting like this,
Please tell us soon,
We'll be over the moon

Jahanbaksh
(Is now a Brighton player)
Jahanbaksh
(He's a regular pray'er)