Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Guilty/Free Speech/Grossly Offensive - World gone mad

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
You dont get it. It doesn't have to be funny to you, there are jokes I dont find funny but I dont want people locked up. I dont find his comment funny but I find the dog doing a nazi salute funnny but it doesn't matter.

A dog can not knowingly do a Nazi salute, so the guy wasn't punished for that. The constant, repetitive use of "Gas the Jews" whilst getting his dog to 'salute' and posting it on a public video sharing site was what he was found guilty of. So, you see, I do get it but I just don't find it funny or comedic.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The chap who made the video for one.

If thats a crime then you and the rest of the sack of idiots on here should be jailed.

The Sex Pistols had a song called Belsen was a Gas, should Johnny Rotten/Lydon be jailed? What about all those who bought the Albumn? Which may include a few of the apologists on this thread.

What about Monty Pythons Life of Brian and all its jokes about Red Sea Pedestrians etc(The most popular comedy among members on here.). Should John Cleese be locked up? Palin? Idle?

What about those who own copies of the movie? Are they guilty of being in possession of anti-Semitic material?

If you think this man deserves Jail, your a hypocrite and an idiot.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
A dog can not knowingly do a Nazi salute, so the guy wasn't punished for that. The constant, repetitive use of "Gas the Jews" whilst getting his dog to 'salute' and posting it on a public video sharing site was what he was found guilty of. So, you see, I do get it but I just don't find it funny or comedic.

So your advocating jail for comedians you dont find funny?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Hang on, ‘gas the jews’ is comedy ? who finds it funny ? Just you, Adolf Hitler and the rest of the Nazis presumably. Do you know any good jokes about Jewish financiers or media magnates ?

The JOKE was getting the dog to salute whilst saying something incredibly dark. It was ridiculous.

The joke wasn't saying the words; "Gas the Jews" - with no context.
I can't believe this needs explaining to adults.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
If thats a crime then you and the rest of the sack of idiots on here should be jailed.

The Sex Pistols had a song called Belsen was a Gas, should Johnny Rotten/Lydon be jailed? What about all those who bought the Albumn? Which may include a few of the apologists on this thread.

What about Monty Pythons Life of Brian and all its jokes about Red Sea Pedestrians etc(The most popular comedy among members on here.). Should John Cleese be locked up? Palin? Idle?

What about those who own copies of the movie? Are they guilty of being in possession of anti-Semitic material?

If you think this man deserves Jail, your a hypocrite and an idiot.

Is the phrase ‘gas the jews’ used in Life of Brian ?

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I'm with the OP. He is obviously not a Nazi nor advocates killing Jews. He was winding his girlfriend up. Now he is off to jail. He even said he made the dog a Nazi cos it was the least cute thing he could think of.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The JOKE was getting the dog to salute whilst saying something incredibly dark. It was ridiculous.

The joke wasn't saying the words; "Gas the Jews" - with no context.
I can't believe this needs explaining to adults.

It’s the ‘gas the jews’ bit that is offensive. It’s really not difficult to understand; your puerile, teenage ‘shock humour’ is unimportant as compared to the offence you cause. Joking about a holocaust of human beings ! I despair of some people (you actually).

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Hang on, ‘gas the jews’ is comedy ? who finds it funny ? Just you, Adolf Hitler and the rest of the Nazis presumably. Do you know any good jokes about Jewish financiers or media magnates ?

In the context of what he was doing it was clearly a joke. Weather one finds it funny is subjective but if you watch the video it is hard to argue that this was not a joke.

The premise of turning his girlfriends dog, who she always goes on about being so cute and lovely, into a Nazi is quite funny IMHO.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Unbelievable that someone ended up in court over this and charged. :facepalm:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
In the context of what he was doing it was clearly a joke. Weather one finds it funny is subjective but if you watch the video it is hard to argue that this was not a joke.

The premise of turning his girlfriends dog, who she always goes on about being so cute and lovely, into a Nazi is quite funny IMHO.

How about if he had blacked the dog up like the Black and White Minstrels and mimicked being lynched by the KKK ? Not so hilarious now is it. It’s OK though cos anti semitism is fashionable again.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It’s the ‘gas the jews’ bit that is offensive. It’s really not difficult to understand; your puerile, teenage ‘shock humour’ is unimportant as compared to the offence you cause.Joking about a holocaust of human beings ! I despair of some people (you actually).

You still don't get it. :facepalm:
The joke, was training a dog to do a stupid trick (YES, by also saying some terrible words)

It seems that you are purposefully ignoring that and just want to take offence for the sake of being offended.
If that's the case, learn to deal with your feelings, and don't advocate locking someone up because they made you feel bad.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
So your advocating jail for comedians you dont find funny?

Now you're just twisting my words or views ( not sure which is worst? ), all I have said and disagreed with is the phrase "Gas the Jews" and agreed with the outcome which a court of law found. Comedy itself is defined as "Laughing at anothers misfortune", now there are many, many variations of ' Misfortune' we can laugh at but to laugh and laud at a religous group that was murdered, imprisoned,tortured and vilified is just not funny.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Free speech innit.
It would appear not, not if he's about to be sentenced for it........

Very poor taste, not very funny (if indeed it's funny at all) - but spreading race hatred? Tbh, that's stretching it a bit. Take the video down, tell him he's a prat, job done.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You still don't get it. :facepalm:
The joke, was training a dog to do a stupid trick (YES, by also saying some terrible words)

It seems that you are purposefully ignoring that and just want to take offence for the sake of being offended.
If that's the case, learn to deal with your feelings, and don't advocate locking someone up because they made you feel bad.

Oh dear, you are now having trouble reading. It’s the ‘gas the jews’ bit that is offensive. The ‘joke’ would have worked just as well without such ignorance. Unfortunately the climate of anti semitism created by the modern Labour Party is encouraging your unpleasantness and I suppose there is not much that can be done to change that. I’m out of this thread, so you and your chums can fill your boots sharing hilarious anti Semitic jokes.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Very poor taste, not very funny (if indeed it's funny at all) - but spreading race hatred? Tbh, that's stretching it a bit. Take the video down, tell him he's a prat, job done.

Now that I agree with.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Now you're just twisting my words or views ( not sure which is worst? ), all I have said and disagreed with is the phrase "Gas the Jews" and agreed with the outcome which a court of law found. Comedy itself is defined as "Laughing at anothers misfortune", now there are many, many variations of ' Misfortune' we can laugh at but to laugh and laud at a religous group that was murdered, imprisoned,tortured and vilified is just not funny.

Not Funny to you...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Indeed, gone way too far.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here