Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale may stay....

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Good point, he's been BANG AVERAGE thus far.

I know you're being sarchy but...I've not been THAT impressed with him on many occasions this season. I think he's below what we saw in previous two. At times, our midfield has been BANG AVERAGE as you say. So, though like him to stay, is that because we know no better? Could we improve? Would we really miss him, relatively? I'm not so sure. Saying that, bringing in a new player is always risky so who really knows? Chris probably! But I won't lose any sleep if Stephens does decide to move on and every faith we'd replace him adequately - providing we're in the Premier of course. Which.We.Are.Not!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Er...he's hardly going to say he's deffo buggering off at this stage of the season is he?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
At times, our midfield has been BANG AVERAGE as you say.

What you mean the times he was absent?

Economically speaking of course we want him. Even if you don't think he's been pulling up trees, he's a quality player whose signing on fee would be substantially less than bringing in a player of equal ability to replace him.

Factor in that we won't be playing 442 as much next season and will be in need of 4-5 good quality central midfielders. Best first signing we could make along with Stockdale.

Disclaimer: IF....

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
No shit, I am certain that if we go up Dale will stay. CERTAIN.

Well I am not 100%certain that he will stay but I did say something along similar lines the other day. Can't find my post but it was along the lines of ''if he gets caught up in a Promotion Celebration'' He might be inclined to forgive and forget what went on in the summer.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I know you're being sarchy but...I've not been THAT impressed with him on many occasions this season. I think he's below what we saw in previous two. At times, our midfield has been BANG AVERAGE as you say. So, though like him to stay, is that because we know no better? Could we improve? Would we really miss him, relatively? I'm not so sure. Saying that, bringing in a new player is always risky so who really knows? Chris probably! But I won't lose any sleep if Stephens does decide to move on and every faith we'd replace him adequately - providing we're in the Premier of course. Which.We.Are.Not!

I can't find them but the team stats with and without Stephens are conclusive. He's first name on the team sheet and I'd imagine CH being very very keen to keep him if we go up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He should be and probably will be the no 1 target for a signature for us along with Stockdale. Others like another no 10, can then fall into place as required.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It seems to me he'll follow the money. He's prepared to move, but if we offer him the nice signing on bonus that Burnley or anyone else would offer, he will stay.

That said, that presents a problem to the club. Do that for one player and all the other senior players will be wanting the same.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It seems to me he'll follow the money. He's prepared to move, but if we offer him the nice signing on bonus that Burnley or anyone else would offer, he will stay.

That said, that presents a problem to the club. Do that for one player and all the other senior players will be wanting the same.

Not unless they're stupid and can't comprehend that he should have been on a higher wage for at least for the last 18 months.

Pretty sure the other senior players would be delighted if he puts pen to paper.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
He should be and probably will be the no 1 target for a signature for us along with Stockdale. Others like another no 10, can then fall into place as required.

I agree with this. The major factor this year has been the continuity we've had from last year's team plus adding quality additions to the squad with the likes of Murray and Duffy. The need for that continuity is going to be even greater next year as well as adding even better quality additions.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He's not good enough for the PL

NO I disagree Ernest

He is good enough for the PL

Don't assume that a lot of the players up there are world beaters. They are not. Players play a role in a team and Dale plays a superb role in this Brighton side. He is the type of player that CH likes. Someone who can get the ball down and distributed quickly. He plays the same role that CH had Johnny Howson playing for Norwich.

Howson is a superb player and I think just slightly better than Stephens but make no mistake about it. Dale is definitely good enough for the PL

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

One would assume that all recent signings including those who have extended their contracts will have agreed higher wages.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here