b/ ignore OP
c/ ignore OP but beat him with the pole
d/ drink more alcohol, be nice to animals and then drink more alcohol

We need more Poles........

pole1.jpgpole2.jpgpole3.jpgpole4.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I do not agree with even thinking about the sack for CH. I do believe, however that he has become his own worst enemy with his negativity and his attempts to justify it in The Argus. I think that he would do better to just say I pick and set the team up in the way I feel is best to get a result hopefully it will work but sometimes it wont and leave it at that.

I do not, unlike many, believe that he is beyond re reproach and can make mistakes, which he has done. His biggest mistake, in my eyes, was too bring back Dunk. This decision can only have been made on loyalty towards him not on the performances of Dunk or Balogun as generally Dunk has been below par this season.

I have also been disappointed with the starts of Bissouma who appears to offer great potential but unfortunately due to his lack of experience he is getting caught short on too many occasions. The problem is that we have no choice as I class Kayal in the same bracket as Baldock & Hemed good for us in times gone by but not good enough for the job in hand now.

I am hopeful that after the next international break we may see Iziquiredo again as I believe that he is the one we are missing to take the game to our opponents and push them back.

Lets get the inevitable defeat at City on Saturday out of the way then we can get back to winning ways v West Ham.

I honestly don't get what you see (or don't see) in some players. The other day you were claiming that Knockhaert had been rubbish all season and now you're saying that Kayal isn't good enough for the team, despite coming on and putting in a bloody good shift against a top 4/6 side!

I partly take your point about Dunk, but then if Balogun had made a mistake or two, you would be saying that Dunk should be brought back into the team because he's got the PL experience...

There's a reason why CH is a Premier League manager and so well respected by what seems like everyone in the game. He's not become a crap manager overnight. Sometimes things go to plan, other times they don't...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As time has passed since Saturday your posts have been more measured (just my opinion)..so maybe your original one is more of an emotional reaction to defeat....if you had a thread title that didn't say ''Hughton out'' (then maybe you might have got more people thinking...but then you probably know that

Sauce had a little to do with the provocative nature of the title but its sparked a discussion. I was mightily pissed off that we didn't give it a go, still am.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Hughton was successful with Norwich in their first season when they played mainly with the team that was promoted.
Norwich then invested in players for the second season and we know what happened then.
We will find out this season if he has learnt from that experience..

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Hughton was successful with Norwich in their first season when they played mainly with the team that was promoted.
Norwich then invested in players for the second season and we know what happened then.
We will find out this season if he has learnt from that experience..

Not quite sure what point you are making? Are you suggesting the best policy isn't to buy new players? Surely it's more about the quality of the players you buy!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I honestly don't get what you see (or don't see) in some players. The other day you were claiming that Knockhaert had been rubbish all season and now you're saying that Kayal isn't good enough for the team, despite coming on and putting in a bloody good shift against a top 4/6 side!

I partly take your point about Dunk, but then if Balogun had made a mistake or two, you would be saying that Dunk should be brought back into the team because he's got the PL experience...

There's a reason why CH is a Premier League manager and so well respected by what seems like everyone in the game. He's not become a crap manager overnight. Sometimes things go to plan, other times they don't...

He is a well respected manager but that doesnt mean that he cannot make mistakes and I just happen to think bringing Dunk back was a big one. Knockhaert has improved in the last 2 or 3 games to become more of a team player,so much so that he was my MOM against Spurs. As regards Kayal I think that he did ok but was not good against Spurs so much so that I think losing Stephens and having to move Propper to accommodate Kayal contributed heavily to our defeat. Kayal is not a Stephens or even a Sidwell.but as I have said he has served us well in the past but time to move on in January if we can sign Nick Powell or similar.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He is a well respected manager but that doesnt mean that he cannot make mistakes and I just happen to think bringing Dunk back was a big one. Knopckhaert has improved in the last 2 or 3 games so much so that he was my MOM against Spurs. As regards Kayal I think that he did ok but was not good against Spurs so much so that I think losing Stephens and having to move Propper to accommodate Kayal contributed heavily to our defeat. Kayal is not a Stephens or even a Sidwell.but as I have said he has served us well in the past but time to move on in January if we can sign Nick Powell or similar.

Kayal was arguably MOM for me for the time he was on the pitch on Saturday......probably just behind Knocky.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He is a well respected manager but that doesnt mean that he cannot make mistakes and I just happen to think bringing Dunk back was a big one. Knockhaert has improved in the last 2 or 3 games to become more of a team player,so much so that he was my MOM against Spurs. As regards Kayal I think that he did ok but was not good against Spurs so much so that I think losing Stephens and having to move Propper to accommodate Kayal contributed heavily to our defeat. Kayal is not a Stephens or even a Sidwell.but as I have said he has served us well in the past but time to move on in January if we can sign Nick Powell or similar.

Good point.

Kayal played well, a creator and good CM.

But Stephens and Sidwell are out and out DM'ers. Vital to any midfield.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Umpteenth time you've gone on about Kayal needing to be shipped out....cant say I agree ..reason we lost was not putting the ball in the net during our 'hot' spell...ironically the best chance was missed by AK...I'd also say we are a midfielder short to play that deep role...and I'm not sure where Biss fits into the side despite the fact that he shows a lot of potential.
Oh and as CH is human therefore of corse he makes mistakes..not sure anyone is saying he doesn't

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Knockhaert has improved in the last 2 or 3 games....

With 4.8 Trilion posts under your belt as opposed to my three, I'll get back in my box and consider that a typo. ???

As for CH.... I think the poor guy is stuck between a rock and a hard place. You bring in new talent, then the existing talent does okay, so you hang back on the new talent. You then play the new talent to prove you give new talent a chance, and they're as rusty as the padlock on Michelle McManus's chastity belt. So, you revert back to the proven talent even if it has the odd off day, then get accused of not giving the new talent a chance....

If you're a top club with oodles of top players, you can give one or two a run out - and the rest of the team can carry them if the sh*t hits the fan, and then you sub them off. If you're a bottom half club every player from the kick off to the final whistle is vital and must play an important part.

I genuinely think our Mr Hooton is the best man for the job. If we usher in a billy-big-balls, he'll want a budget to match. That matching budget guarantees nothing unless it's half a billion or more...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Umpteenth time you've gone on about Kayal needing to be shipped out....cant say I agree ..reason we lost was not putting the ball in the net during our 'hot' spell...ironically the best chance was missed by AK...I'd also say we are a midfielder short to play that deep role...and I'm not sure where Biss fits into the side despite the fact that he shows a lot of potential

Agree with the second half of your post. The deep lying set up can work with a great back 4 and 2 quality defensively minded midfielders in front of them. Who let the 4 in front take it to the opposition, having that insurance behind them.

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Umpteenth time you've gone on about Kayal needing to be shipped out....cant say I agree ..reason we lost was not putting the ball in the net during our 'hot' spell...ironically the best chance was missed by AK...I'd also say we are a midfielder short to play that deep role...and I'm not sure where Biss fits into the side despite the fact that he shows a lot of potential.
Oh and as CH is human therefore of corse he makes mistakes..not sure anyone is saying he doesn't

I feel the same about Bissouma; however, I am not worried that we can't shoehorn him into the side comfortably just yet because h is only 21 and he himself will play his way into his best position over the next year or so. At the moment he plays like a youngster getting caught in possession but that will be put right gradually.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
With 4.8 Trilion posts under your belt as opposed to my three, I'll get back in my box and consider that a typo. ???

As for CH.... I think the poor guy is stuck between a rock and a hard place. You bring in new talent, then the existing talent does okay, so you hang back on the new talent. You then play the new talent to prove you give new talent a chance, and they're as rusty as the padlock on Michelle McManus's chastity belt. So, you revert back to the proven talent even if it has the odd off day, then get accused of not giving the new talent a chance....

If you're a top club with oodles of top players, you can give one or two a run out - and the rest of the team can carry them if the sh*t hits the fan, and then you sub them off. If you're a bottom half club every player from the kick off to the final whistle is vital and must play an important part.

I genuinely think our Mr Hooton is the best man for the job. If we usher in a billy-big-balls, he'll want a budget to match. That matching budget guarantees nothing unless it's half a billion or more...

Poor Michelle..............................Well at least she is still making Headlines, even if it is only on NSC

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
100% Hughton in ......he needs to get all the new attacking options AJ ,Andone & Locadia up to speed asap ......we can't rely on GM alone , it won't work .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here