Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Is Dan Burn still not playing for Wigan? Can’t find any info on his injury update, this seems the best thread to post on, seeing as he is actually a Brighton player and is supposed to be back in January.

Good question, I do not know the answer but was under the impression we signed him injured and he would be fit and ready for the new year.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
This thread has become my single source of injury info, as it captures everything the club and the Argus say on the matter in one place. There’s also the odd interesting input from fans who claim (with varying degrees of credibility) to be itk.

Well done, and thanks, Jem.

Also, where else would you find out that Jose likes an Eggs Benedict? Apart from, you know, stalking.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Club strongly hinting we might see one or both of Izquierdo/Andone today.

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1043435987961970689

Interesting............think Andone might be in, more surprised if Jose is back but would be very happy if he is (if only to know he’s properly on the way back). If both are in, who is out ?? Andone for Locadia I guess, but tricky to see who’d make way for Jose at the moment because Ali must be close to a start

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Interesting............think Andone might be in, more surprised if Jose is back but would be very happy if he is (if only to know he’s properly on the way back). If both are in, who is out ?? Andone for Locadia I guess, but tricky to see who’d make way for Jose at the moment because Ali must be close to a start

It'll be one of the two full backs that we've had on the bench of late.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Hughton on Stephens injury post Spurs
“He felt his hamstring”
Depends now if a strain or a tear.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Hughton on Stephens injury post Spurs
“He felt his hamstring”
Depends now if a strain or a tear.

I guess the good news is that with a match at Man City next week (probably the game where we are LEAST likely to get something this season) and then another international break coming up, now is probably as good a time as any for an injury to an important player....

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Current status:

Gross (ankle) - No update. Hughton's initial estimate was not longer than a few games.

Stephens (hamstring) - No word yet. Hughton said this post match on Saturday. "All we can hope is it’s not as bad as we first thought. It’s something that he felt so he had to come off.”

(likely that both will miss Man City. First time both have missed a Prem league game)

Izquierdo (knee) - Albion are "weighing" up whether he plays for u23s tonight.
Hughton post Spurs - “He’s trained and trained well. There’s an under-23s game on Monday [away to Leicester KO 7pm] and we’ll make a decision whether he has any involvement in that game. At this moment, touch wood, he’s injury free. It’s just about him now developing his fitness and making himself available.”

Andone (groin/thigh) - Was on the bench v Spurs but didn't make an appearance.

via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16897930.albion-duo-could-miss-city-trip/

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Current status:

Gross (ankle) - No update. Hughton's initial estimate was not longer than a few games.

Stephens (hamstring) - No word yet. Hughton said this post match on Saturday. "All we can hope is it’s not as bad as we first thought. It’s something that he felt so he had to come off.”

(likely that both will miss Man City. First time both have missed a Prem league game)

Izquierdo (knee) - Albion are "weighing" up whether he plays for u23s tonight.
Hughton post Spurs - “He’s trained and trained well. There’s an under-23s game on Monday [away to Leicester KO 7pm] and we’ll make a decision whether he has any involvement in that game. At this moment, touch wood, he’s injury free. It’s just about him now developing his fitness and making himself available.”

Andone (groin/thigh) - Was on the bench v Spurs but didn't make an appearance.

via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16897930.albion-duo-could-miss-city-trip/

Certainly didn't look like a tear for Dale. But he seems to have moved into my area so I'll probably see him to ask this week. Keep you posted.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No news on Stephens 3 days on, should we be bracing ourselves for another long layoff for DS?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
No news on Stephens 3 days on, should we be bracing ourselves for another long layoff for DS?

Well we know it’s a hamstring as Hughton discussed it post Spurs.

Even it’s the very worse - a torn hamstring - then it’s possibly a month out. It’s more likely a strain - in which case a couple of weeks.
There’s no press conference til Thursday but Naylor normally does a call into Hughton today for updates like this.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Even it’s the very worse - a torn hamstring - then it’s possibly a month out. It’s more likely a strain - in which case a couple of weeks.
There’s no press conference til Thursday but Naylor normally does a call into Hughton today for updates like this.

A torn hamstring would be two months out (locadia).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Very much doubt it's torn judging by the way he walked off......my guess would be miss City, and be fit again after the break.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here