Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Packed lunch,rolls and sarnies.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Six slices? 7 years? What?

Working class staple in the 70s. We lived hand to mouth. Anyway, no complaints from me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Try slicing your Tomato and lying it on kitchen paper to absorb the juices before inserting in to your sandwich. This usually gives you a 3-4 hour window before the sogginess begins to advance
Or wrap your tomato slices in cling film and add them to the sandwich when you're ready to eat.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I'm a big marmite fan, and I love a cream cracker, but I've never put them together. I can't understand why I never have, but they are certainly getting a try tonight. punk:

How was it for you?????

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Doesn't the cracker fall apart when you spread the marmite?

As an aside, have you ever whisked marmite? It turns white.

Turns white????? Must give that ago just to see it? Why did you whisk it?
Regards cracker crumbling - hold the cracker off the plate, and be gentle - soft, soft hands....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm a big marmite fan, and I love a cream cracker, but I've never put them together. I can't understand why I never have, but they are certainly getting a try tonight. punk:

A Jacobs cream cracker, BUTTERED, with Marmite spread on top is as an absolute delight.
[MENTION=28272]Eric Youngs Contact Lense[/MENTION] 's assertion that Marmite is exclusively for toast and/or crackers is utter bobbins. Today Matthew, I have Dairylea cheese spread on wholemeal, with mature sliced cheddar, and Marmite.

I also include Marmite with my boiled egg-chopped-tomato-salad cream sandwiches. And SOMETIMES, I just dip my pinky in the Marmite jar and suck it off. There, I said it.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Turns white????? Must give that ago just to see it? Why did you whisk it?
Regards cracker crumbling - hold the cracker off the plate, and be gentle - soft, soft hands....

Just because I'd be heard it turned white. Altered the taste slightly too if I remember correctly (this was a long time ago!)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Crumbling crackers are not an issue, if you place them on a completely flat surface when applying your spread of choice.

Doing it on a plate is wildly reckless. Asking for trouble.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
A Jacobs cream cracker, BUTTERED, with Marmite spread on top is as an absolute delight.
[MENTION=28272]Eric Youngs Contact Lense[/MENTION] 's assertion that Marmite is exclusively for toast and/or crackers is utter bobbins. Today Matthew, I have Dairylea cheese spread on wholemeal, with mature sliced cheddar, and Marmite.

I also include Marmite with my boiled egg-chopped-tomato-salad cream sandwiches. And SOMETIMES, I just dip my pinky in the Marmite jar and suck it off. There, I said it.

Am I right in thinking that it was Mrs Easy (not sure I'll call her that to her face) who introduced me to the delights of the cheese and marmite straw, after which you NEVER go back to the mere cheese straw without thinking "hmm, shame you forgot the marmite."

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Am I right in thinking that it was Mrs Easy (not sure I'll call her that to her face) who introduced me to the delights of the cheese and marmite straw, after which you NEVER go back to the mere cheese straw without thinking "hmm, shame you forgot the marmite."

Actually, those cheese and marmite straws were a creation of my own fair hand. Blue cheese straws with a marmite drizzle topped with a sprinkling of sesame seeds, if we're going to be specific.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here