Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
And the people are wonderful. The leaders, less so.

Indeed, it was a silly comment. I've met many Iranian folk. There is a big community locally already. Many original exiles from the 1979 uprising. People who love their country but, as you say, are mostly unimpressed with its politics.

persian_pooya

Jul 23, 2018
Atlanta, GA, USA
Guys as an Iranian-American I'm overjoyed that Jahanbakhsh will be signing with Brighton soon (as it seems). I'm also joining this forum from persianfootball.com, and wanted to share my excitement with you guys and say I will be watching every single Brighton match this season and whole heatedly supporting Brighton and our man Jahanbaksh. Additionally there was a lot of chatter in the Iranian community that Jahanbakhsh should be signing with a team that finished in the top half of the table such as Leicester for example, but I couldn't disagree more. I think Brighton will be a great fit for Alireza for a number of reasons. For one Hughton has been keen on him since 2015 meaning he really trusts his abilities and will give him ample playing time as long as he continues to perform the way he has been, and secondly Brighton have been on a remarkable upward trajectory since Hughton took over the managerial position which makes for a stable environment since the club trusts him and won't be looking to sack him because of a string of poor results (god forbid), and thirdly I think Brighton performed remarkably well last season after coming back to the top flight as they conceded fewer goals then most other teams, so I think Jahanbakhsh coming in to bolster the offense with some of the other good signings that Hughton has made so far will set us for an exciting upcoming season!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I suspect a few Iranian folk may attend matches now. Even the weather will be Sunni but with the odd Shia here and there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been around the isle of wight and I I I can't find Ali.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Indeed, it was a silly comment. I've met many Iranian folk. There is a big community locally already. Many original exiles from the 1979 uprising. People who love their country but, as you say, are mostly unimpressed with its politics.

The bloke who runs our local chippy and his daughter are Iranian. Hes a really happy chap despite only having one eye. Lost it fighting in the Iran/Iraq war

Folks in Crawley might know him

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Take away politics, take away the media, I'm sure that 99.9% of the world's population would get on very well.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Okay...maybe 7 o’clock...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here