Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should we welcome the signing of a medically unfit player....

What should we do?

• Let him come even if unfit?

Votes: 66 51.2%
  • Hope he is not the main signing?

Votes: 47 36.4%
  • Hope it's just not true?

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • March on the Amex Sat night with pitchforks ablaze?

Votes: 9 7.0%

• Total voters

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I have to explain, it is an old British slang type saying, I had no idea people are so anti-British. Or is it just the Politically correct Happy Clappy types in control?

In this context, it merely describes our current Premier League survival battle position or predicament as I called it.

This reminds me of the old Bill Shankly saying.

Bill Shankly was joking

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
given our lack or resources, need for an immediate boost?

Its not an immediate boost though if they are unfit to play, its a financial risk IMO we need people to hit the ground running. I perhaps would take a punt in the August window, not this one though. If our run in was less scary, maybe

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Amazing that the same people don’t want to sign someone who will be fit in 2 weeks but on the other hand want us to sign Sturridge or Ings.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Depends if the injury is a broken back or leg amputation then probably not.

Otherwise what's the problem he might be injured in his first game, anyway we are hardly in a position to pick and choose.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Amazing that the same people don’t want to sign someone who will be fit in 2 weeks but on the other hand want us to sign Sturridge or Ings.

Fit as in ready to start a premier league match or fit to start training ?.we really could do with players being match fit and ready to go but that costs real money and we won’t pay the going rate .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Yes. We’re cautious with new signings anyway, none of then EVER make the first team until CH has had a good look at them in training

The deluded who think we can sign someone on Thursday and expect them to knock a couple in on Saturday need to give their heads a wobble.
It happens regularly at many other clubs, why do you consider us to be different?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Yes. We’re cautious with new signings anyway, none of then EVER make the first team until CH has had a good look at them in training

The deluded who think we can sign someone on Thursday and expect them to knock a couple in on Saturday need to give their heads a wobble.

Just like me, I always buy a new car first then look under the bonnet after i've parted with my money :ffsparr:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So many poor little 'snowflakes' on here, that like to give it out but cannot take it back! :ban:

How ironic you calling people snowflakes - the poster that moans we've not signed anyone, then moans when we have, that seems to think it's easy for the club to sign players. indeed thinks we can force players / clubs in to deals, thinks all our competitors are signing star strikers.

You've gone round in circles so much your head has caught up with your arse. Then you constantly contradict yourself.

And that doesn't even touch on the Chelsea bit.

Then you wonder why people post what they do about you ! :facepalm:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Relegation would send us back to the championship where we lost record amounts of cash last season, so pretty serious tbh. Oh for the Withdean losses:facepalm:

Sorry – who dies from relegation? In the grand scheme of things it isn't 'pretty serious' at all.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Its pretty much a big fat no from me. Would anyone apply for a job and know you are going to sick for x amount of time from day one whilst getting a shit load of money and using the companys medical resources. I guess it depends to an extent - the club and medical team know better than I do

But he hasn't applied for a job. He's effectively been head-hunted...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He says stuff you disagree with therefore he must be palace?

This seems to be happening a lot on NSC at the moment. What gives?

He registered in 2014, hardly posted at all, and now is posting loads on negative threads, and starting threads which are also negative. I can understand why some on Nsc would doubt his loyalties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here