Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5 players who should be on Chris Hughton’s January wishlist

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think that Tom Bradshaw of Walsall is worth looking at, perhaps some might say he's a little on the small side but he is quick and gets lots of goals.

Do we really need another prolific league one striker?

Surely we have learned our lesson?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Anthony Stokes? Has only made one league appearance for Celtic this season and knows where the net is, might not be a bad loan option in January.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anthony Stokes? Has only made one league appearance for Celtic this season and knows where the net is, might not be a bad loan option in January.

I suggested that a few days ago for now with an open option to buy if he is succesful.

I really dont know who some people expect but it is certain neither Rooney Kane or Sturridge are joining us.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
BG - You cannot use Peterborough as an example of obtaining players from lower and non leagues and then selling them on at a profit.

Peterborough had the benefit of the Man Utd scouting system to help them with that and that is a 100% fact. What happened was when Man Utd were scouting players and they came across someone who perhaps was not quite good enough for Utd but they would be good enough for League 1 or the Championship. Alex Ferguson would tip Darren Ferguson off and through that the wheels would be set in motion. Thats why they had such sucess in the transfer market in recent years.

Those players were what kept Darren Ferguson in a job for so long

I hadn't realised that, but I like Fergie (not Darren, nor Sarah)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
2015 goals and assists is pretty good for an 18 year old - sign him up quick!

Choose your own five? Can you do better than the hack Journo?!

I'l choose mine tommorow when I'm sober.

Liam

Jul 15, 2003
Dublin
Not sure if he'd be welcome back but Stephen Ward is not happy at Burnley. Martin O'Neill has said that players not playing regularly will be a consideration when he picks his Euro 2016 squad and Ward told someone here privately that he'd be having a talk to Sean Dyche.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure if he'd be welcome back but Stephen Ward is not happy at Burnley. Martin O'Neill has said that players not playing regularly will be a consideration when he picks his Euro 2016 squad and Ward told someone here privately that he'd be having a talk to Sean Dyche.

Not exactly orivate as it was in the Irish press after thrir recent game how he found it difficult having not played since ROI last game, but he wont need 4 weeks to get match will he like other players suggested.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would be thrilled to get Ward back on loan for a couple of months until Bong is fully fit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would have preferred a left back in to play against Burnely but would settle for Ward as a 2nd choice. What happened to the Aussie full back at Bradford we were reputed to be buyingin January Meredith? Could we not have got him on loan with an agreement to purchase in January? When Bong is fit we could have played both of them with one as defensive left side like we do Rosenior on the right for difficult away games.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would have preferred a left back in to play against Burnely but would settle for Ward as a 2nd choice. What happened to the Aussie full back at Bradford we were reputed to be buyingin January Meredith? Could we not have got him on loan with an agreement to purchase in January? When Bong is fit we could have played both of them with one as defensive left side like we do Rosenior on the right for difficult away games.

Meredith is currently out with a minor foot injury (hearsay).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So would I, but it won't happen. Can you really imagine Sean Dyche lending one of his players to a club Burnley are vieing for promotion with?

Yes, if that club were playing, say, Birmingham, Derby and Middlesbrough within the initial 28 days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here