Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daily Mirror: Pulis poised for Brighton

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
I don't understand why some people think he'll never come to us. He managed Palace for **** sake! Yes, Prem they may be at the moment, but their set up, infrastructure etc etc doesn't come anywhere near ours. I heard Pulis in a recent MOTD interview saying that he wants a project. I believe that he will see us as that very project.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
He's an overrated tactician who spent more than Arsene Wenger at Stoke and managed to deliver 10th as his highest finish. Hughes then came in, and delivered a higher finish straight away.

He basically has a history of overpaying for journeyman pro's that he tries to get a last hurrah out of. Shawcross is about the only Stoke player bought through from the academy**. His spending at Stoke with no real profit on selling anybody on is astonishing for what little he achieved. He never developed the playing style of Stoke despite the fortunes the chairman invested. It was a surprise he lasted as long as he did.

He left Palace not because of any recruitment set up, he left because Parish told him he didn't have the money to bring in who he wanted to bring in. So he stropped off, like he did in his first stint at Stoke.

** edit that, even Shawcross came from ManUtd….

Didn't he get them promoted without much of a budget and then keep them for quite some time before spending loads of cash? That's my recollection but I may well be off the mark. If I'm right then couldn't it just be a case of him having his time at that club and needing to move on?

His time at Palace was remarkable I thought. I thought he would fail miserably and the massive relative success he had has changed my opinion of him somewhat when you factor in the early days at Stoke too. I'm not saying he'd come here, there'd be too much backtracking from the board for that, but I'd like it to happen based on where we are/what we have now.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Pulis is an underrated tactician who does whatever it takes to make his teams win. At Stoke that meant long balls, at Palace it meant using the skills of Bolasie.

But he won't come here because he won't work with someone like Burke. He left Palace because he didn't like the recruitment set-up.

Also he lives in Bournemouth and that drive is an absolute nightmare.

Burke can be shifted to training set up & Bournemouth & Shoreham have airports. Tony has the Money to make things work, should he wish

D

Deleted member 2719

I don't understand why some people think he'll never come to us. He managed Palace for **** sake! Yes, Prem they may be at the moment, but their set up, infrastructure etc etc doesn't come anywhere near ours. I heard Pulis in a recent MOTD interview saying that he wants a project. I believe that he will see us as that very project.

It's simply really Pulis is a alpha male and he won't want to work with Burke.

If Burke goes then there is a good chance IMO.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
It's a tad worrying when you put all your eggs in one basket to the extent that you allow the manager to live so far away but is it's the case it can only really be an improvement. If it turns out to be speculation, name and shame the source!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Would involve a lot of humble pie eating at boardroom level to bring in a guy like Pulis who will insist on the same things as Poyet did.

I don't think the board does humble pie, but will be dellighted to be proved wrong.

I'd go along with this. After Poyet , Garcia and Hyppia were the type of men that Bloom etc would have wanted. Even though fairly successful Garcia wanted out before the end of the season. Hyppia ? Well that's all going to be irrevelavent in the coming days/weeks I expect.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think i'd rather a manager with a little more experience, or surety about himself at least, than Hyypia, than breaking the bank to bring in a veteran for guaranteed safety. It's December, not even quite halfway through it yet, so the excessive panic in a number of us shouldn't have spread to TB yet. A tweak will have us finer than yet another revolution. Uwe had Wigan playing some astonishing stuff, but frig all up front. Him with Bent to put away the chances for a while would have us on the rise, i think.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And with no alternative offered by you, in your opinion Pulis is over-rated and not welcome at championship strugglers Brighton :facepalm: :facepalm:

Oh sorry, I didn't realise the thread title was 'Pulis Poised For Brighton plus Any Other Contenders you Wish to Comment On'. I thought this was a thread about Tony Pulis joining Brighton?

I've given my opinion on Tony Pulis, the person this thread is about! So trot on if you've got nothing constructive to add.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think i'd rather a manager with a little more experience, or surety about himself at least, than Hyypia, than breaking the bank to bring in a veteran for guaranteed safety. It's December, not even quite halfway through it yet, so the excessive panic in a number of us shouldn't have spread to TB yet. A tweak will have us finer than yet another revolution. Uwe had Wigan playing some astonishing stuff, but frig all up front. Him with Bent to put away the chances for a while would have us on the rise, i think.

If we carry on as we are there is no doubt about the outcome. But there is no need for a panic recruit at this moment.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Pullis got plenty of dosh at Stoke and told the Palace board that to advance he needed more there. I've no idea if he asked for too much but he won't get much out of Bloom at the moment. Would he have the managerial skills to sort this rabble out and would he even want to try......I doubt it.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Pullis got plenty of dosh at Stoke and told the Palace board that to advance he needed more there. I've no idea if he asked for too much but he won't get much out of Bloom at the moment. Would he have the managerial skills to sort this rabble out and would he even want to try......I doubt it.
so the story is probably bollards then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here