Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The last Norwich fan moaned about Hughton having no Plan B.

Well, he had a Plan B that worked fantastically well against Brentford, so not too sure what the other Norwich fan was on about.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good Morning,

As a Norwich City season ticket holder, I wanted to give a view of Hughton that wasn't given to you by some other 'fan' that visted here a while back.

Despite what was said Hughton is a top man and a good footballing Manager, His spell with us was constructive and he bought in some very good players. He is not a 'jump up and Down' Manager but more thoughtful. Remember he took us to a higher position than Lambert managed.

Of course it wasn't as good in his last season, Some of our fans never took to him after the Lambert years, but then no one could match up to him, his time was the right man at the right time at the right club.

It is never possible to ensure success but I know one thing Hughton will not let you down. His work ethic is top class, the respect he shows the fans is top class.

A criticism of him is he is a negative manager, well he wasn't at Newcastle and Birimingham and at a club like ours, we have delusions of grandeur, we think (well some of us) we should play like Barcelona on a budget of Norwich City.

I think Brighton have a top class man and Manager and I look forward to coming to the away game shortly. Just a short note, the City 'fan' who last visited you hasn't been to a game for years, His comments are more to do with his obsession to be right than a constructive comment.

Whilst his leaving at city wasn't a good time. most managers eventually fail regardless of who they are. So you have a good manager who will not do your club wrong.

Good Luck
Well I never, a Norwich fan who doesn't appear to be an utter bellend.

Well done you!

:)

Rgfq

Jan 7, 2015
Ernest, if you feel the need to be rude, try being inventive :thumbsup:
As for the 'other City bloke' he runs a site, which is only welcoming to people who just want to moan. He doesn't represent anyone but himself (same as me) but I know it! Hughton is a very good appointment when you look at what else is about. Your club will be very safe in his hands.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Thank you for your balanced post Rgfq and as a previous poster has said, ignore Enrest, he's harmless unless ROUSED.

Rgfq

Jan 7, 2015
oh and no one takes a team to 11th in the premier league without a plan B.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
If Hughton was a top class manager he wouldn't be managing us right now! But he certainly seems a decent enough guy and every one deserves time to stamp their mark on the job in question.

Unless it goes disastrously wrong this season (under his tenure) I think the earliest we could judge him would be around October/November. :)

Well of course he's not a top class manager...there's only a handful of those in the world....just as there is only a handful of really top class players.
Hughton is solid, experienced and dependable, which is exactly what we want after the Nordic Nightmare. A very balanced contribution from our friend in Canaryland, which will hopefully make certain posters on here stop bemoaning the fact we didn't land Pulis and help them extract their heads from an area where the sun doesn't shine and face up to reality.

Rgfq

Jan 7, 2015
I will def come down for our game with Brighton, I think its sometime in April? But I look forward to buying a few of you a pint.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I have had the opportunity to talk to Hughton on a few occasions and he will talk football all day long. on one occasion he spent over an hour talking to me and my son when most people would have a chat for a few minutes and move on.
So maybe I am a bit biased but you can only speak as you find.

Wow! That's amazing. Sounds like you and CH deserved us each other. Apologies for that relationship falling apart, but we'll try our hardest to take care of him, especially if he takes such good care of us :albion2:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I will def come down for our game with Brighton, I think its sometime in April? But I look forward to buying a few of you a pint.
Blimey, what a lovely fella. Can I be first on the list please :)

Wow! That's amazing. Sounds like you and CH deserved us each other. Apologies for that relationship falling apart
Don't fret, we're starting a campaign to get them back together. Rgfq's going to become a Brighton fan! He's passionate about supporting his local side, so all he's got to do is move.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Very pleased to note your comments of Chris,he was my choice and your views confirm my feelings.It is hoped he will be given enough cash and time to establish us as a top half team in the Championship for the coming years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here