Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bizarre visiting supporter today

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ok, so withn10 minutes gone, behind us is a single seat that hasn't been taken.

An oriental ,young man wanders up the steps with a printout of his ticket searching for his seat

It is this seat.

He goes and stands in the spot and takes his phone out.

He takes lots of photos( you could hear it clicking away) and then mumbles away into his phone.

He then spends 15 minutes, looking at his phone ( as we are abusing that ******* friend) and then shuffles off.

Totally bizzare! We couldn't work out if he was just there to watch Liverpool? hadn't the foggiest what was going on? Assumed he was in the away end?

we all assumed he just wanted to be there and was confused with the whole experience.....

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Ok, so withn10 minutes gone, behind us is a single seat that hasn't been taken.

An oriental ,young man wanders up the steps with a printout of his ticket searching for his seat

It is this seat.

He goes and stands in the spot and takes his phone out.

He takes lots of photos( you could hear it clicking away) and then mumbles away into his phone.

He then spends 15 minutes, looking at his phone ( as we are abusing that ******* friend) and then shuffles off.

Totally bizzare! We couldn't work out if he was just there to watch Liverpool? hadn't the foggiest what was going on? Assumed he was in the away end?

we all assumed he just wanted to be there and was confused with the whole experience.....

This is partly why I often don't bother with the 45 quid plus cost against the big teams. So many bloody tourists.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
East Asian (Asian describes a person, oriental describes a thing) people sometimes just turn up to events or go to museums etc, take a series of photos for social media and then leave without actually watching or looking at anything.
It’s the world we live in I’m afraid.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
There as a bizarre Klopp look a like outside the west doing Klopp mannerisms. To be fair he was a great doppelgänger. Teeth n all.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
East Asian (Asian describes a person, oriental describes a thing) people sometimes just turn up to events or go to museums etc, take a series of photos for social media and then leave without actually watching or looking at anything.

Oriental is fine to use.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think it's quite SWEET that we get football tourists nowadays. Where's the harm? :shrug:

Sadly they weren't there to see us.
If they were they'd have spent £500 in the club shop and Mr Barber would have taken an 'exit fee' at the door.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This.......very, very common and often discussed with my Asia team. Old Trafford is absolutely packed with people doing this (or watching the whole game through their phone)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Nothing usual, he had backed himself to be the earliest leaver to-day, and was aware that he would face stiff competition if Liverpool scored a couple before half time and was taking no chances in ensuring he won the bet

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I’ve never seen so many people wearing half and half scarves before today!

Just had this conversation with a friend; got to be the record for most half and halfs so far. Also probably most plastic away fans in the home end too. Lots of folks wondering around trying to find seats who have obviously never been to the Amex before.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just had this conversation with a friend; got to be the record for most half and halfs so far. Also probably most plastic away fans in the home end too. Lots of folks wondering around trying to find seats who have obviously never been to the Amex before.

Why not just let it all wash over you and do your normal matchday thing? Like I said earlier, where's the harm in letting tourists attend and do their tourist thing. Fair play for sourcing an Amex ticket IMHO

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Why not just let it all wash over you? Like I said earlier, where's the harm?

You're jumping to conclusions as did I say there was any harm? It amused me and nothing else!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Each to their own. I’ve been abroad and gone to a match and taken more photos than I would at an Albion game because I’ve gone for the experience more than the game.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Two southern ‘ scousers’ in front of me today. Tbf they were alright, very complimentary about Dunk and Duffy, even laughed when I told them, if he kept improving the way he has, VVD might end up as good as Dunky.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
There as a bizarre Klopp look a like outside the west doing Klopp mannerisms. To be fair he was a great doppelgänger. Teeth n all.

Was this him?
2AC024D8-3CAF-48EC-9D65-5B9836ADD9BA.png

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oriental is fine to use.

Well, very few Western people would get upset by it but you are effectively calling a person "it". I can't say I'd like to be referred to as "it". It's not racist, it's incorrect and it's rude.

If people are happy to continue to be wrong even after they have been politely corrected then yes, that's fine. I suppose it depends on what standards one holds oneself to.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here