Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LOANS in?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Does anyone know if Gary Cahill is in Chelsea's plans this season?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Suggestion from somebody on another thread that we could go back for Joe Gomez as the missing 'fourth CB'. Not out of the question. Were we to play the first half of the season WITHOUT a 'first team' loanee, it would be without recent precedent:

13/14: Keith Andrews and Stephen Ward on season long loans, plus Craig Conway and Leroy Lita before the end of the pre-Christmas loan window.

14/15: Joao Texiera, Gary Gardner and Joe Bennett on SLLs, plus Ali Al Habsi, Elliott Bennett, Greg Halford and Darren Bent!

15/16: Rajiv van la Parra, and James Wilson (on a 'youth loan' permissible outside of the normal window)

16/17: Glenn Murray, Sam Adekugbe and Sebastien Pocognoli on SSLs

17/18: Izzy Brown and Tim Krul on SSLs

18/19: ???

The list was specifically loans that we had at the start of each season (and pre Xmas window)

There are loads of January ones - Tomori, Sidwell, Ridgewell, etc

The plus's weren't. I only mention it because then we could include Lingard. If we're doing a list of loans I'd like the guy who took the FA Cup off Dancing Alan AND scored one of the best goals in the 2018 World Cup included, no matter when he joined :)

I don't think Gomez will be the 4th CB unless we guarantee him game time and that means one of Duffy or Balogan not even on the bench. For 4th CB I'm thinking more an experienced pro on a year or two's contract who's happy to provide cover. A sort of slimmer Guy Butters in a super sub t-shirt.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
John Terry if he doesnt go to Derby and was willing to take a wage cut? Or perhaps bring Tommy Elphick home.:)

FFS BG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here