Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Iranian Fans

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What sad, pathetic, little men you, sir albion, hopkins et al are. It's genuinely heart-warming to see you floundering in your obscurity.

Welcome to our new Persian friends, Up The Albion!

Indeed. Hats off to that.

WRT to the malcontents, It must be a bit disheartening to find ones' self out-evolved.

Anyway...there is always the secret army. Good luck with that, you ****ing absolute retards :wanker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ-9R6NCZ0A

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We lived in Iran ( Tehran) 1974-1976. I was 9 at the time and had fond memories of the place. I learnt to Ski there !!! ( Abali and Dizin ski resorts !!!!!). Dad was a Diplomat in the British Embassy. Schooling wasn't so good and ended up at boarding school ( Ardingly College ). We left 6 months before the Shah was ousted.

Lovely place back then and very friendly people.

Have you watched Persepolis? Superb film and brilliantly made.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
You might find our views on homosexuality a little unusual.

I would have thought that they are very aware of western culture (some are also ex-pats) and hold a wide range of views on all sorts of matters.

A better statement might be: 'You may find the ignorance and condescension of some a little tiresome'.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Welcome to Brighton. These are the good times. Enjoy Nsc forum. Hope your man does well for us. I now need an Iranian team to look out for. Any suggestions?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We lived in Iran ( Tehran) 1974-1976. I was 9 at the time and had fond memories of the place. I learnt to Ski there !!! ( Abali and Dizin ski resorts !!!!!). Dad was a Diplomat in the British Embassy. Schooling wasn't so good and ended up at boarding school ( Ardingly College ). We left 6 months before the Shah was ousted.

Lovely place back then and very friendly people.

Did you solve mystery’s during your hol’s?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
One of my first memories of Iran was being told how they would provide easy pickings for the unstopable Scotland heroes on their way to triumph in Argentina in 1978...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xitsj_hcAQU

It seems to stop at 1-1 for some reason... :)

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
It was mentioned on another thread but worth repeating to our new Iranian fans - Chris Hughton has a record of being cautious in how long he allows for new signings to adapt to the premier league. Don't be surprised to see AJ start on the bench for even the first few months (exactly what happened with izquierdo who suddenly seemed to click about 3-4 months in). It may happen quicker and we all hope it does but trust in Chris!

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
It's entirely not appropriate outside of America!

It should be pronounced ee-ron, not eye-ran.

Indeed. I am gratified that our Board has a Pronunciation police as well as the ubiquitous Grammar police :smile: It works in Hawaii, anyway. Still, good info to know.

Incidentally, does the correct phonetics of ee-ron have anything to do with the famed cult hero, E Ron Hubbard ????

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Welcome to Brighton. These are the good times. Enjoy Nsc forum. Hope your man does well for us. I now need an Iranian team to look out for. Any suggestions?

You should really not watch Iranian football. It's hard to watch once you're used to the European caliber. But I suppose no harm in cheering for a team in spirit :)

The team that I think would probably fit best is Malavan (Ma-la-VON). They have intensely passionate and loyal fans even though they are not one of the "big" teams, and are always a bit of the underdog. They wear white and blue as well, and also have a bird as a logo (though it is a swan lol). They fell to the second league a couple of years ago unfortunately but they seem to fit Brighton pretty well. Coastal town of Bandar-e Anzali (Anzali Port) on the Caspian Sea, about half the population of Brighton, nice people, interesting enough it is in the same province as the town of Jirandeh where Alireza was born!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malavan_F.C.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here