Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Here We Go Again - Breaking News Florida Shooting At High School

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Unbelievable. My niece is a teacher - it's not her job to instantly decide whether to shoot a mentally ill kid. Or anyone else.

And you can just see what would happen.

The first time a teacher makes that HORRIFIC decision to shoot someone they believe is a gunman and it either

1 - Isn't the gunman
2 - The 'gunman' is killed before anyone else was shot.

Lawsuits galore

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can someone tell the difference between President Trump and BensGranddad

[tweet]966650397002813440[/tweet]

[tweet]966660169194229761[/tweet]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I watched the live half-hour of the Trump gun debate last night and at times it was jaw-droppingly surreal.

American society is so royally f*cked up that the President was nodding sagely at the suggestion of arming teachers to shoot gun-toting pupils, then said it was an idea he'll be seriously looking at.

It's so OBVIOUS that the ONLY solution is stringent gun control.

On a human level I found the discussion intensely depressing, and my night didn't get any better as I then watched episode 2 of 'Bliss'. :(

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Can someone tell the difference between President Trump and BensGranddad

Even his language is offensive, describing mentally ill people as "sickos".

Edit: BG would never use that language; the only similarity is the compulsion to keep digging!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even his language is offensive, describing mentally ill people as "sickos".
An academic type might tell you he's dehumanizing the shooters.

I think it's more to do with being ignorant.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
"....If a potential “sicko shooter” knows that a school has a large number of very weapons talented teachers (and others) who will be instantly shooting, the sicko will NEVER attack that school. "

**** me. So ALL ALONG he has being saying this is a mental health issue......yet he thinks the very same people who would commit these shootings would be put off by rational thinking of "but I might get hurt"?

If you have decided to go into a school and start shooting, you have accepted you are likely to die....or at least go to jail for life.

He really is a nobhead.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
It makes no sense that anybody in any community can go out and buy military grade assault rifles over the counter with next to no serious checks. It was suggested to me today that it is most likely to be vets who like to shoot after their military experience. Personally, I think its more likely to be walter mitty types who dont have the discipline to be in the military and want to feel powerful, and they are fecking dangerous.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]734231223002894337[/tweet]

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
How dare he call mass murderers "sickos". :ffsparr:

But he is saying they are mass murderers because they have mental health issues which they need help with......

Remember, they aren't mass murderers just because they have access to a gun. That's his argument. It's because they didn't get the help they needed.

He can't have it both ways.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If you want to buy a military grade assault rifle to keep in your home, and carry them, in some states, in public, then you are mentally ill or a criminal.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Lets hope the 'greatest democracy in the world' listens to the majority. The polls indicate that at present the majority would like to see stricter gun control. if this is the case then democracy should reign.

Perhaps a referendum or plebiscite is required?

The thing that really irritates me about this thread is that it makes me keep singing Here I Go Again by Whitesnake.

I like that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3MXiTeH_Pg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
"....If a potential “sicko shooter” knows that a school has a large number of very weapons talented teachers (and others) who will be instantly shooting, the sicko will NEVER attack that school. "

**** me. So ALL ALONG he has being saying this is a mental health issue......yet he thinks the very same people who would commit these shootings would be put off by rational thinking of "but I might get hurt"?

If you have decided to go into a school and start shooting, you have accepted you are likely to die....or at least go to jail for life.

He really is a nobhead.

So, if you decide to go in to a school and kill people and you know that some teachers may have hand guns the " Sicko " will probably make sue they outgun the teachers by having a nice assault rifle or machine gun. The mindset will be take out the teachers first then kill the others at leisure. Good old Donald .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I know it's pointless in the America/Guns issue as they can't listen but I was thinking about it this way.

So, say you work here in the UK in say an office with 50 workers, what is the chance of any one of them having a gun on them at work ? I would say 1 in 1,000,000 so we would all feel pretty safe at work. Now just suppose that someone at work is licenced to carry a gun for some reason but, you don't know who it is ? how safe do you feel then ? if you could legally obtain a firearm would you feel safer if you had your own gun knowing that there is a gun already in the building ?

Then juxtapose this scenario to America, licensed guns are freely available and you might have 25 out of 50 co-workers with guns, how safe do you feel now without your own gun ?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I see the globalist propaganda machine is going into overdrive now that a crisis actor has been identified.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here