Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings FA Cup 5th round - Coventry (H)

Apr 15, 2016
N1D
Krul - 6
Bruno - 7
Goldson - 8.5
BFG - 7
Suttner - 7
Knocky - 7
Stephens - 9
Kayal - 8
March - 7.5
Locadia - 8
Ulloa - 7

Maenpa - 6
Propper - 7
Baldock - 6

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Krul 7
Bruno excellent first half, made mistakes towards the end, 7
Honey monster, Ok but gave away a few free kicks 6
Goldson looked good 7
Suttner looked very good 8
Stephens excellent, more attack minded than in Premier league games. 9
Kayal looked good 7
March better than recently but still not at his best 7
Knocky so want to give him a higher score......trying too hard to impress when the simple pass (to Bruno who crossed for Ulloa) would have been the right option on a lot of occasions 6
Ulloa Good game to gain more match fitness did Ok.. good goal 7
Locadia very good first game, hungry, skillfull, powerful, perhaps could have bagged three, tired but must have been satisfied with his first game 8

Maenpaa OK 7
Propper Ok 6
Baldock mm mm needs game time 5

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
A few posters have said this already, but Knocky just needs to calm the **** down and relax. He looks fabulously wound up and is trying to force everything.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Krul 5
Bruno 6
Suttner 8
Goldson 7
Huenemeier 8
Stephens 7
Kayal 7
March 5
Knockeart 6
Locadia 8
Ulloa 7

Propper 6
Baldock 6
Maenpaa 6

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Clarke-Harris gave the BFG a torrid time. This lad's coming back from serious injury. I'm sure the recruitment team will keep an eye on him (hopefully).

They will only keep an eye on him if we're destined for the Championship. As impressive as he was, the PL will be too much of a step up for him.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Krul + Maenpaa 6
Bruno 7
Goldson 7
Hunemeier 6
Suttner 8
Knockaert 5
Stephens + Propper 7
Kayal 6
March 8
Ulloa 6
Locadia 7

Baldock 6

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
A few posters have said this already, but Knocky just needs to calm the **** down and relax. He looks fabulously wound up and is trying to force everything.

Continues to ' over-play ' all the time and is the reason he is struggling to move up from a top Championship player to a decent PL player. He has to fight this battle himself. If he cannot curb his natural enthusiasm to try and twist defenders into knots, which simply doesn't work at the highest level, then he will continue to struggle. So much is wrong with his game at the moment. He has to learn to keep it quick and simple. Push and go. Quick, accurate football.
I really want him to succeed at this level but I am seriously worried that he may not be able to change and adjust.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
6 - average

Krul 6
Bruno 7 - superb cross for Ulloa goal and generally a good game. A second similar cross nearly worked
Suttner 7 - should possibly have been an eight but played a part in their goal by not getting to the player quick enough.
Goldson 7 - poor header led to their goal made up for it with his goal
Huenemeier 6.5 good on the deck but weak in the air
Stephens 8.5 best player on park and shows why he is better than Proper
Kayal 7 lots of work nothing exceptional nor nothing bad
March 7 - lot of good work but no real output
Knockeart 5.5 - overcooked it too many times his only real contribution was a scuffed pass
Locadia 7 looked busy and scored a good goal but missed 2 or 3 others
Ulloa 6.5 fantastic goal possibly found it difficult playing with Locadia.

Propper 6 some great work then gets some simple things wrong in dangerous places i.e. our 18 yard line
Baldock 6 - bad miss took shot far too casually
Maenpaa 6

What this game emphasised to me were the choice issues for Swansea

Suttner does more with the ball than Bong and his corners are better than March or AK but he is not physically strong enough. Bong is strong but...If Gross does not play then Suttner appears to be the best deliverer of a dead ball.

Bruno calm control and can deliver great crosses, better than Schelotto but the latter adds an injection of pace that is sadly missing and a willingness to continually chase

Locadia looked strong and pacey and has to start but whether this is with Ulloa, Murray or Gross is difficult to call. personally I would pick Gross and make him play as a proper no 10 so we have two forwards who are more mobile and tricky. I doubt any of these fowards will complete 90 mins tho.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Krul - 5
Bruno - 7
Goldson - 8
Hunemeier- 7
Suttner - 8.5 my MOM not your Mum
Knocky - 6
Stephens - 7
Kayal - 6
March - 8
Locadia - 7
Ulloa - 6

Maneappa - 6
Propper - 7
Baldock - 6

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Krul 6
Bruno 7
Goldson 8 (MOTM)
Hunemeier 7
Suttner 7
Stephens 7
Kayal 6
March 7
Knockeart 5
Locadia 8
Ulloa 6

Propper 6
Baldock 5
Maenpaa 6

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Sitting next to my Spuds supporting nephew, he twice asked me in the 2nd half who our number 20 was as he was pretty damn (swear filter) good. But then again he only supports Spuds so not used to seeing class!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here