Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] It’s back! The Premier League edition of The Marvellous 1901 Food Thead.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Tortilla, radiccio, sauce verte

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The green stuff with the trendy spoon drag is guacamoli (sp!) So i'm guessing the main bit is mexican ?

D

Deleted User X18H

Don't worry about Meg's pretentious Germanic nonsense . I bought a half time drink token, queued up with many others , only to be told there was no hot water and no Bovril available. Begging the question what have you all been doing for 45 minutes ?

We got there in the end, though some stalwarts missed Izquerido's goal in favour of waiting for a hot beverage, or so I hear

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Don't worry about Meg's pretentious Germanic nonsense . I bought a half time drink token, queued up with many others , only to be told there was no hot water and no Bovril available. Begging the question what have you all been doing for 45 minutes ?

We got there in the end, though some stalwarts missed Izquerido's goal in favour of waiting for a hot beverage, or so I hear

You mean you write your columns sober? Wow, I'm underwhelmed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, it was oak smoked chicken and sun-blushed tomato presse with winter coleslaw, tarragon emulsion and Bloody Mary.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So, it was oak smoked chicken and sun-blushed tomato presse with winter coleslaw, tarragon emulsion and Bloody Mary.

So that was the starter, did you have a mains and pudding ?

Can we guess the scandalous price you were charged

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
To me, footy is about a couple of pints pre-match and a pie, with your mates. It's not about fancy wining and dining, that idea would kill it off for me. I'm not offended as, obviously, many people do it, but I don't get it. I could have zillions in the bank and I'd still not do it. What sort of kick do people get from this at a footy match?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

tumblr_mdx1ub43k21r2f9ceo1_250.gif

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So that was the starter, did you have a mains and pudding ?

Can we guess the scandalous price you were charged

The main will be served up very shortly. I’ll come onto the price later.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To me, footy is about a couple of pints pre-match and a pie, with your mates. It's not about fancy wining and dining, that idea would kill it off for me. I'm not offended as, obviously, many people do it, but I don't get it. I could have zillions in the bank and I'd still not do it. What sort of kick do people get from this at a footy match?

A very good friend, and Albion supporter, was visiting from overseas so a group of us decided to have a bit of fun. And it was fun.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Main course is served....

Attachments

• EE6698CB-9359-4067-B94F-2531B5224839.png
    EE6698CB-9359-4067-B94F-2531B5224839.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 415

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

They must have had quite a wait for their hot beverage, as he didn't score until the 59th minute!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here