Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber on talksport imminently

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Really? I doubt he's a sports journalist at all is he, I assumed he was just an annoying presenter.

I can't stand Jim White however he has done the hard yards as a sports reporter. 5 years in the papers north of the border, then 7 years as entertainment reporter on Scottish TV and then became sports reporter. Two years later he became the main presenter of Scotsport and then joined Sky another 8 years after that.

He is an eqotistical c**t but unfortunately after Murdoch brought out the TalkRadio group and Colin Murray resigned, it was fairly inevitable.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Exactly this!!!!! He is a massive, massive CJTC!

I remember at the end of the last window he decided to have a phone in about how transfer fees in football had gone out of control and something needed to be done. This is the same numpty who creams himself on national TV about a premier league team spunking multi millions that they can't afford on a journeyman striker before the transfer window 'slams shut'! Hypocritical c***!
But at least we don't let it get to us :angry:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Jim White is not all there! If you have the stamina to really listen to him he says ABSOLUTELY **** ALL and constantly contradicts himself.

This! Bob Mills must be thinking, how have I ended up working with this clueless, self absorbed, utter chump. Mills is the only reason I can ever stomach that show.

I particularly enjoyed Mills quiz last week about every teams top scorer in the premier league when he was basically just taking the piss about the whole Sky Sports no football before 1992 attitude.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you have the stamina to really listen to him he says ABSOLUTELY **** ALL and constantly contradicts himself.
Stamina and a penchant for sadism.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can't stand Jim White however he has done the hard yards as a sports reporter. 5 years in the papers north of the border, then 7 years as entertainment reporter on Scottish TV and then became sports reporter. Two years later he became the main presenter of Scotsport and then joined Sky another 8 years after that.

He is an eqotistical c**t but unfortunately after Murdoch brought out the TalkRadio group and Colin Murray resigned, it was fairly inevitable.

Jim White is just a bang average, run of the mill lowly scotch hack turned presenter, there's nothing remarkable about him whatsoever. He has no discernable personality to speak of, he can't ad-lib, and I honestly have NO idea why Sky Sports hold him in such high esteem and continue to peddle this "legendary" status (which of course he happily tries to cultivate). He sits there reading an autocue, and for some reason off the back of that, he's been given his own radio show.

Baffling.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

He's still a :wanker:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Jim White is just a bang average, run of the mill lowly scotch hack turned presenter, there's nothing remarkable about him whatsoever. He has no discernable personality to speak of, he can't ad-lib, and I honestly have NO idea why Sky Sports hold him in such high esteem and continue to peddle this "legendary" status (which of course he happily tries to cultivate). He sits there reading an autocue, and for some reason off the back of that, he's been given his own radio show.

Baffling.

He's perfect for SSN. Tabloid trash TV and presenter. All repetitive noise with little substance.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I thought Jim White was/is good on SSN but rubbish on TalkSport. I didnt like Colin Murray at first after he took over from the previous presenter (forget his name now), but eventually I thought he grew into the role well and sparked good debates etc Jim White imo just seems to sound like he is presenting on SSN but on radio instead, not ideal for me whilst driving around. Also I think he seems to of almost of become a parody of himself too.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
This thread seems to illustrate something that I've noticed on here for a while - whenever there is criticism of the club for being too corporate and such, it gets aimed at PB. Whenever there is praise to be handed out, it goes to TB.

Of course TB deserves an immense amount of credit and respect, but I don't get why PB gets all the crap he does when he, like everyone else at the club, ultimately does whatever Uncle Tony tells him to do, or at the very least approves of him doing.

Completely agree and for what it is worth, I like the guy :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought Jim White was/is good on SSN but rubbish on TalkSport. I didnt like Colin Murray at first after he took over from the previous presenter (forget his name now), but eventually I thought he grew into the role well and sparked good debates etc Jim White imo just seems to sound like he is presenting on SSN but on radio instead, not ideal for me whilst driving around. Also I think he seems to of almost of become a parody of himself too.

White's got the same misplaced arrogance of Andy Gray/Richard Keys, an air of I know everything and anyone there's to know.

Might be his undoing one day.

Jan 30, 2008
Paul Barber is one of the best signings that Tony made. He has run this club very well. He lives and breathes the job, and I would imagine that we are as easily close to his footballing heart as Spurs is. I think I'm right in saying he's a Spurs fan.

Why the vitriol I have no idea. Running a complex organisation like this is never going to make everyone happy, but he has nothing but the long-term interests of the club at heart.

MORE LIKE A FAT BONUS PAYMENT
regards
DR

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Paul Barber is an excellent CEO. We are lucky to have the guy

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
What point are you making, here?

Would it have mattered if he had? Does the fact that the CEO of our FOOTBALL club is an actual FOOTBALL FAN count against the bloke?

Would it be better if he knew only of numbers and corporations, and nothing of football? Or are you suggesting that Bloom should recruit solely from a tiny talent pool of die-hard Albion fans?

I would hazard a guess that most people who speak against barber, generally don’t like ceo type people and feel uncomfortable with corporate business generally. Fair enough .
But as CEO’s go, Paul barber seems alright and good at his job.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

an he cant half repeat himself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here