Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good work fella. Be sure to draw on the experience of the grizzled posters on this thread. Collectively we have a number of 26 milers under our belts although 95% belong to [MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION] :lolol:

Bravo
[MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] has a good pedigree. How many runs at 26.2 or over is it? I reckon he'll take 30%.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Saturday with be marathon No.7 for me. Hadn't really thought about how many I will do (I never thought I'd ever do ONE), but certainly don't feel like jacking them in at the moment – plus I've got London (deffo) and probably New Forest or another autumn marathon in mind for 2017 at least). If anything I'd like to get an ultra under my belt...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Saturday with be marathon No.7 for me. Hadn't really thought about how many I will do (I never thought I'd ever do ONE), but certainly don't feel like jacking them in at the moment – plus I've got London (deffo) and probably New Forest or another autumn marathon in mind for 2017 at least). If anything I'd like to get an ultra under my belt...

.........fighting talk. What distance? Which Ultra? I'd wager this will happen. Well done. You've, or is it you're, committed.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Not running makes you fat and out of condition... well it does me.

Managed 10k at sub-7 minute pace, then struggled for the last few miles home - stopped the watch and walked for a bit.

The next month getting ready for Dunsfold is going to be interesting... where's the foam roller..?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
.........fighting talk. What distance? Which Ultra? I'd wager this will happen. Well done. You've, or is it you're, committed.
Not committed yet, but looking at Lunar-Tic or Downslink - purely because they are so easy to get to for me.

But yeah, it will happen one day...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Lunar-tic isn't an ultra [emoji3][emoji106] You might get away with calling the Darkstar one (28m-ish), also up and down the Adur from Shoreham
Ah yes. That's the one I was thinking about. Just over 26.2 will do me 😂

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
better re-join this thread as I've just entered the Bath half.

did my first recorded run in around 18 months on Saturday, just 3.8 miles but pleased with 8.03 miles. going to be a case of miles before Xmas then a plan after it I think - race is 12th March

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ah yes. That's the one I was thinking about. Just over 26.2 will do me [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

LOL, just don't get into any debates in any ultrarunning groups about what qualifies as an ultra [emoji23][emoji23] Not overly keen on the Darkstar myself - if it's wet, the course is just awful - so muddy, almost unrunnable in large parts. Other 'just over' options locally - Three Forts in May (27.2, starts at Hill Barn rec) and the Arun River run (28.2, Littlehampton Marina)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good work fella. Be sure to draw on the experience of the grizzled posters on this thread. Collectively we have a number of 26 milers under our belts although 95% belong to [MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION] and @Dazzer6666 :lolol:

Bravo

Updated!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
LOL, just don't get into any debates in any ultrarunning groups about what qualifies as an ultra [emoji23][emoji23] Not overly keen on the Darkstar myself - if it's wet, the course is just awful - so muddy, almost unrunnable in large parts. Other 'just over' options locally - Three Forts in May (27.2, starts at Hill Barn rec) and the Arun River run (28.2, Littlehampton Marina)

I'd have thought 50 miles minimum for an Ultra but that doesn't stop me telling my rival (who did an Ironman) that he of course he has never done an Ultra like myself. The Three Forts Challenge.
He counters with "it doesn't count if you walk any of it" and around 5 pints later we'll still be arguing about various events and heading towards a stalemate. Great fun.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Oh shit, just booked myself into the Brighton marathon. Really excited but also already questioning my decision!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Nearly a palindrome - but not quite. Good start for a half training though. When - if - I ever get going again the first one's going to be about a mile in 15 minutes again :lol:
[MENTION=13372]patchamalbion[/MENTION] has less than ten miles to add on the distance then :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Dublin marathon three days away, my second but also my last (unless I want a divorce according to Mrs EP).

In terms of carb loading, is it pasta, brown bread, chicken, baked potatoes etc?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Dublin marathon three days away, my second but also my last (unless I want a divorce according to Mrs EP).

In terms of carb loading, is it pasta, brown bread, chicken, baked potatoes etc?

Good luck with Dublin. Eating what you have stated and nothing new and adventurous should get you sprinting over the finish line.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here