Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Koeman to Everton ?

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Risky move for Koeman with Lukaku on his way and Stones being tracked. He could easily be two big players down very quickly.

Fingers crossed. For someone who was loved down here, it's soured dramatically and very quickly. I'd say there is more ill feeling now, then there was when poch went to Spurs.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Pochettino and Spurs are a great fit, galling as that must be for Saints fans. I can't see Everton breaking into the Top 4 anytime soon.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
This is ANCIENT news. Everton have been chasing him ever since Martinez left. The Liverpool Echo has reported him accepting at least twice in the last two weeks (and got it wrong each time so far).

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Pochettino and Spurs are a great fit, galling as that must be for Saints fans. I can't see Everton breaking into the Top 4 anytime soon.

Why do you think they are a perfect fit can I ask? Just curious. Not saying I disagree, just interested in your thinking.

I don't even think top 6. We finish above them again I reckon,

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I honestly don't understand why he would leave. At Southampton he has a good quality squad and presumably will be able to invest again this summer without losing too many players. After Leicester's success I would look at Southampton and West Ham as having genuine ambition for next season. Everton, on the other hand, have a Roberto Martinez mess of a squad. They might have £200million to invest but bringing in players won't be overly easy because who believes Everton can do something next season? They will need a new goalkeeper, a proper centre back or two as well as replacing the big time Charlie up front. Oumar Niasse looked ridiculously rubbish in the few games he played, Arouna Kone is hilarious as well. In midfield they've got a few good options but they'll need a decent winger, as well as dumping the cigar smoking prat they signed from Tottenham.

Southampton will be top 10 with Koeman but if he goes to Everton he'll need a season to sort out the mess left by the ridiculously overrated Spanish fool.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I honestly don't understand why he would leave. At Southampton he has a good quality squad and presumably will be able to invest again this summer without losing too many players. After Leicester's success I would look at Southampton and West Ham as having genuine ambition for next season. Everton, on the other hand, have a Roberto Martinez mess of a squad. They might have £200million to invest but bringing in players won't be overly easy because who believes Everton can do something next season? They will need a new goalkeeper, a proper centre back or two as well as replacing the big time Charlie up front. Oumar Niasse looked ridiculously rubbish in the few games he played, Arouna Kone is hilarious as well. In midfield they've got a few good options but they'll need a decent winger, as well as dumping the cigar smoking prat they signed from Tottenham.

Southampton will be top 10 with Koeman but if he goes to Everton he'll need a season to sort out the mess left by the ridiculously overrated Spanish fool.

Players will follow the money.

Look at city, nowhere near the CL when they got all the money - still signed anyone and everyone

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Il third that.

The thing that has upset us the most is he said even after the last game of the season, that he would be the one leading us into Europe . He has reiterated countless times that he he has 1 year remaining, won't leave, happy here... Wants to discuss a new contract etc and said even barca or Holland job wouldent tempt him.

From people with good contacts, the situation summed up is :
.Koeman wanted to stay, talks after the season and ambition was matched with what he wanted to hear.
.goes on holiday, happy with contract.. Changes agent while away.
New agent is involved in some sort of tapping up with Everton, koemans head turned.

He's leaving for the money, fact. Everton may be a bigger club, but right now we are a better club.
One of our resident itks over on saints web have said our short list villas boas, emmery, Howe and moyes.

Sorry for blabbering on. I saw tour thread and thought I'd just release all my feelings towards here as saints web is pretty depressing with all the bed wetters.

Another meltdown In Southampton...:tantrum::annoyed:
Nigel Adkins is available.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Il third that.

The thing that has upset us the most is he said even after the last game of the season, that he would be the one leading us into Europe . He has reiterated countless times that he he has 1 year remaining, won't leave, happy here... Wants to discuss a new contract etc and said even barca or Holland job wouldent tempt him.

.Koeman wanted to stay, talks after the season and ambition was matched with what he wanted to hear.
New agent is involved in some sort of tapping up with Everton, koemans head turned.

He's leaving for the money, fact. Everton may be a bigger club, but right now we are a better club.
One of our resident itks over on saints web have said our short list villas boas, emmery, Howe and moyes.

Sorry for blabbering on. I saw tour thread and thought I'd just release all my feelings towards here as saints web is pretty depressing with all the bed wetters.

AVB looks the best fits for those, to continue on your current path/ style.

Be funny if you get Howe though. He's an absolute tool.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Would like to see someone out of work full any vacancy - don't want any other jobs coming up - Hughton to stay in Brighton is all I want to see. I know he signed a new long deal but ...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

He would leave for the money.....

...... but it isn't a done deal, and maybe he will surprise some people.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Il third that.

I've just had a skim through the Daily Echo this morning. Five pages of seething indignation, WHINING and SIMPERING about 'disloyalty' and 'greed' re Koeman, next to a spread on which manager they should poach next, from THEIR current club - including details of the 'bargain' cost of buying Unai Emery out of his contract.

The hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness is breath-taking.

I've tweeted the writer Adam Leitch, asking him to explain why Saints fans are more deserving of 'loyalty' than Sevilla or Bournemouth fans.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why do you think they are a perfect fit can I ask? Just curious. Not saying I disagree, just interested in your thinking.

I don't even think top 6. We finish above them again I reckon,

He's great with young players, gives them a chance and Spurs had a great crop coming through. The Argentinian connection also got Lamela playing properly plus pairing Alderweireld from Saints with Vertonghen was a masterstroke.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Plus you have to live in the gorgeously damp north west

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
I've just had a skim through the Daily Echo this morning. Five pages of seething indignation, WHINING and SIMPERING about 'disloyalty' and 'greed' re Koeman, next to a spread on which manager they should poach next, from THEIR current club - including details of the 'bargain' cost of buying Unai Emery out of his contract.

I've tweeted the writer Adam Leitch, asking him to explain why Saints fans are more deserving of 'loyalty' than Sevilla or Bournemouth fans.

I see your point, but I don't think that's the angle they were aiming for from that article. I think they are making the point of koeman loyalty, saying he'd stay 100% and lying. He's not the first in this game, and won't be the last, but it's just how much he's lied. Week after week he said not interested, not going, 1 year remaining.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
He's great with young players, gives them a chance and Spurs had a great crop coming through. The Argentinian connection also got Lamela playing properly plus pairing Alderweireld from Saints with Vertonghen was a masterstroke.

He had that at saints though. Young players, good under 21's coming through.
I agree with he's got certain players performing, and it pains me to admit it, but what a centre back partnership

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I see your point, but I don't think that's the angle they were aiming for from that article. I think they are making the point of koeman loyalty, saying he'd stay 100% and lying. He's not the first in this game, and won't be the last, but it's just how much he's lied. Week after week he said not interested, not going, 1 year remaining.

You don't think Howe or Emery have ever made 'promises' to their clubs' fans?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That behaviour really annoys me. Fair enough if someone wants to move on, but stating loyalty and then leaving a week later is just wrong.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

There are a lot of things I'm not interested in right now, and I'd be absolutely telling you the truth if I listed them.

Should someone come along with enough money, then I'd change my mind on some of them. It doesn't mean I was lying when I said I wasn't interested previously.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Reading fans were exactly the same when Pardew left - then happy to take Coppell off us.
At nearly every club in the world your manager will either get sacked or poached eventually.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here