Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just noticed this website with some interesting Brighton based races

http://brightonsports.co.uk/

The 10k starting in Woodingdean could be an option.

The Weakest Link looks like it might be fun too. I would have been right up for that Woodingdean 10K but I'm in France that day and will be running to and from the bakers for morning croissants to soak up the previous night's wine.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Any dcisions from the NSC collective around Park Run Saturday? My likely destination is Hove Prom where I'll be aiming to get back to sub 19 in prep for Worthing the week after.

Some lovely running conditions of late and I've been pretty consistent with 3 runs per week covering around 20 miles.

I'm away this weekend. Enjoy yourselves!

Back for Worthing 10k on following Sunday.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Any dcisions from the NSC collective around Park Run Saturday? My likely destination is Hove Prom where I'll be aiming to get back to sub 19 in prep for Worthing the week after.

Some lovely running conditions of late and I've been pretty consistent with 3 runs per week covering around 20 miles.

Prom for me but 22" is the plan. See you at the turning points!

Well I guess I'd better come and join you both. I'm guessing it's parking on a meter? Whereabouts is the start line (sorry, I'm too lazy to look)?

Here was my warmup from this morning: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1184601941

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Well I guess I'd better come and join you both. I'm guessing it's parking on a meter? Whereabouts is the start line (sorry, I'm too lazy to look)?

Here was my warmup from this morning: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1184601941

In front of cafe that is in the middle of Hove Lawns. Near Queen Victoria's back. no idea on parking.

Managed to average 3:26 minute miles on Strava so far this week by omitting yesterday's time............

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In front of cafe that is in the middle of Hove Lawns. Near Queen Victoria's back. no idea on parking.

Managed to average 3:26 minute miles on Strava so far this week by omitting yesterday's time............

Cheers. Looking forward to becoming a parkrun tourist after 175 runs! :)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The Weakest Link looks like it might be fun too. I would have been right up for that Woodingdean 10K but I'm in France that day and will be running to and from the bakers for morning croissants to soak up the previous night's wine.

http://brightonsports.co.uk/the-weakest-link-relay-run
That does look good. The 4th and last runner has to do 5k without a break the others would get at least 10 minutes rest going up to 30+ minutes for 1st runner.
Anyone else interested? 22nd June a Wednesday night. Only £8 a team (unlike the Aquathon in Hove £18 for a swim in the sea and a 5k on the prom. money grabbers not even a charity).

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
That does look good. The 4th and last runner has to do 5k without a break the others would get at least 10 minutes rest going up to 30+ minutes for 1st runner.
Anyone else interested? 22nd June a Wednesday night. Only £8 a team (unlike the Aquathon in Hove £18 for a swim in the sea and a 5k on the prom. money grabbers not even a charity).

I'm out. Euro2016 final Group Stages Group E and F between 5 pm and 10pm. May be of interest.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I'm up for it – if I can go first :lol:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm up for it – if I can go first :lol:

OK I'll consider it. at 8pm that night is the Italy Ireland and Sweden Belgium final Group E games but I could always get the second half if we run fast enough. We need [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION], or another gazelle, to do the last leg.

Any volunteers. [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] will be with his new Run Squad mates that night.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
OK I'll consider it. at 8pm that night is the Italy Ireland and Sweden Belgium final Group E games but I could always get the second half if we run fast enough. We need [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION], or another gazelle, to do the last leg.

Any volunteers. [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] will be with his new Run Squad mates that night.

Happy to take any leg. Shame [MENTION=26481]downham seagull[/MENTION] isn't local he's posting some impressive times of late.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Sounds fun - looks like a strong NSC AC team .I'm only back from a trip to the Euros the night before so would rather not commit anyway

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

I'd be up for this if required. Doing a 21:30 5k at the moment but I'm well out of condition.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm happy to be part of the team, cheeky 2.5km sprint sounds good to me!

Plus the 5th leg making it 5k total. You are the 4th team member. I'll see Big Nuts and Bobkin tomorrow at Prom run so will see how committed they are. The thought of a 2.5k sprint does sound good.

I'd be up for this if required. Doing a 21:30 5k at the moment but I'm well out of condition.

5th man in so first reserve or first member of team 2. Three more needed. Are you doing the Phoenix? I want revenge after the Brookes 10k last November.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Plus the 5th leg making it 5k total. You are the 4th team member. I'll see Big Nuts and Bobkin tomorrow at Prom run so will see how committed they are. The thought of a 2.5k sprint does sound good.

5th man in so first reserve or first member of team 2. Three more needed. Are you doing the Phoenix? I want revenge after the Brookes 10k last November.

I'm definitely up for the weakest link run.

Good run out this morning I finished 13th in 19:08 but my result hasn't recorded so I've just sent an email to Park Run hoping they can add me.

Are you still feeling dirty and used [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] ? Your first Park Run away from your beloved Hove Park!

Not bad conditions today but the wind coming form the East was a little to brisk for really good times.

A strong comeback run from [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] who was involved in a tight tussle at the finishing line.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm definitely up for the weakest link run.

Good run out this morning I finished 13th in 19:08 but my result hasn't recorded so I've just sent an email to Park Run hoping they can add me.

Are you still feeling dirty and used [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] ? Your first Park Run away from your beloved Hove Park!

Not bad conditions today but the wind coming form the East was a little to brisk for really good times.

A strong comeback run from [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] who was involved in a tight tussle at the finishing line.

Good, glad you are ready to be the strongest link in the weakest link.

Your result is up now. 21:28 for me and an enjoyable last km. a minute down or 5% from pre lay off. expected worse and ready to build up for the Phoenix now.

Still laughing at your analogy of [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] deserting Hove Park for the first time. Too bad for me to put on NSC. Menstruation and playing away are the catch words. :lol::lol:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Nice one mushti. Yeah, under some pressure to do Phoenix.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Happy to take any leg. Shame [MENTION=26481]downham seagull[/MENTION] isn't local he's posting some impressive times of late.

Lol bit far for a short run. Good luck if you get a team together. Ran K/L Parkrun this morning. After a 55 mile week in prep for the Worthing 10k ran overcooked in 18.33. Long run tomorrow evening then mini taper all week.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
21.33 at Clair in Haywards Heath for me. Pretty pleased with that after no speedwork for ages. Clair is always 1-2 mins slower than HP or PP, and 40 second course PB today. Might do PP next week as there for a meeting anyway.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here