Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering today

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Everything at concourses gone up 10p, £4.30 for fosters :nono:

Any different beers to last year? Someone mentioned Harvey's stout? In place of the Guinness?

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Queues much the same ie too long. Half time would need to be half an hour long to get a beer, a pie and enjoy it at leisure. Brighton is not unique in this respect though. Pie as good as usual and didn't seem to have gone up. £4.20 was what I paid last year if I recall right. Beer had gone up 10p, but having been scalped. £5.20 for a pint of gassy pish Carling at the Oval last week puts £4.50 for Heineken into context. Although at least at the cricket you can take your beer to your seat.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Any different beers to last year? Someone mentioned Harvey's stout? In place of the Guinness?

Yes , unfortunately , no "head" on this new black stout from the usually good Harveys stable ,
a poor relation and this one got a big thumbs down from me and my guiness loving pal

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Are there still deals (eg pie and pint)? Didn't see any info when I looked.

SicilianHungary

Dec 5, 2015
Queues of 17 at all 10 of the tills in my kiosk in WSU around the start of the second half.

Got through them all of course, but not an ideal situation when the kegs run out! Hadn't noticed a price increase on beer!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I never have a pie anymore. I had a pie. It was rock hard doggy dos. I will never have a pie again.

Dick's Bar:

1 bar for Harvey's. 1 bar for other beers.

If you're in a round containing both liquid requirements, tough.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
North stand was the same as last season for prices and queues - all reasonable

This. Also the kiosks seemed to be manned by happy smiling capable Uni students rather than somebody asking if you want milk in your bovril. Doesn't normally happen before September.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We were in the South Stand yesterday and there were no problems I could see. The 'two hot items and two soft drinks' deal has gone up by a quid, but even at £11, I think it's OK.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
We were in the South Stand yesterday and there were no problems I could see. The 'two hot items and two soft drinks' deal has gone up by a quid, but even at £11, I think it's OK.

We were in ESU and I bought 4 pies (which were bloody lovely!) and 4 soft drinks... was expecting £22 but was charged £20... which was a bargain. :)

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
My burger was totally incinerated on one side, and a burger as you'd expect on the other side. Luckily I like burnt BBQ food, so I was happy!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just a reminder that the kiosk staff will be a nightmare until end of September when the students come back, so get the moans in now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here