Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Got a friend planning to come down for the game tomorrow night. Preferred route East Croydon – Brighton – Falmer – Brighton – East Croydon.

What's the likelihood that viable train services will be running, pre-and post-match? And is there some kind of live, online timetable? Or is it going to be best for him to just drive down?

There was an announcement on the train, on Saturday, on the way to Falmer, that trains wouldn't be running tomorrow, due to industrial action.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
iirc there's reduced service along the Lewes-Brighton stretch due to the strike, and to avoid the obvious overcrowding problem last time they said they wont be stopping at Falmer after 6 or 7pm.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sainsbury's West Hove park and ride is open. Booked. Happy Days.

Driving. No beer. Sad Days.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Seagulls Travel have come to my rescue for tomorrow night with a choice of pick up points in my neck of the woods and I'm using them for the first time. I'm going to have to use them for every night game from now on after the Huddersfield trains debacle.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Seagulls Travel have come to my rescue for tomorrow night with a choice of pick up points in my neck of the woods and I'm using them for the first time. I'm going to have to use them for every night game from now on after the Huddersfield trains debacle.

Even before the strikes I'd decided to use Seagull Travel for every evening home game. Takes away the risk on the way home.

Yoda

English & European
Southern have put their £2K offer back on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37675771

Southern Fail said:
A spokesman for Southern said the new on-board supervisor role provided the opportunity to improve support for disabled passengers.

"All staff will have dedicated accessibility training supported by new ways of working across teams," a spokesman said.

"In line with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010, adjustments will be in place to ensure that any passenger requiring accessibility assistance to reach an unmanned/partially manned station will be supported in doing so without unreasonable delay or inconvenience."

How does that work when most of their run late and they want trains to run without an OBS if they are delayed on another service?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Even before the strikes I'd decided to use Seagull Travel for every evening home game. Takes away the risk on the way home.

Yep. I'm just miffed that I have to pay nearly double what a return train ticket to Eastbourne would be, due to a non-existent subsidised evening train service.

I use Seagulls Travel for evening games. They pick me up in St Leonards a few minutes from home and we're normally away from the ground shortly after 10, I'm back 11:15ish. Simples

I'd do this even if the trains weren't in a mess. A lot easier than queuing at Falmer after the game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I get a B&H bus both ways now. Get to the ground a bit earlier than I would ideally like, but always get a seat on the bus. Wouldn't give Southern the time of day anymore.

Time for BHAFC to conduct a customer transport survey with a view to renegotiating the Southern contract severely downwards? People are deserting them in droves, and while the contract terms remain unchanged, BHAFC are being severely short-changed on the service they've paid their 'transport partner' for. Need to claw back the extra outlay on alternative P&Rs from the 'transport partner' wholly responsible for that extra outlay. Hitting them hard in the pocket seems to be the only language they understand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here