Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kodi streams

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Kodi v15.2 “Isengard”

Get the add-ons from TV add-ons, then choose install from zip file.

Thanks, the Mac I have at the moment connected direct to the TV is a bit old running 10.6.8, mac mini with a core duo processor. The latest version of Kodi I've been able to install is 14.1. I then tried the TVaddons, and it would open the zip file, but wouldn't then install from the programmes menu - assuming the hardware isn't compatible...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Thanks, the Mac I have at the moment connected direct to the TV is a bit old running 10.6.8, mac mini with a core duo processor. The latest version of Kodi I've been able to install is 14.1. I then tried the TVaddons, and it would open the zip file, but wouldn't then install from the programmes menu - assuming the hardware isn't compatible...

Possibly, mine is a MBP running El Capitan.
In kodi I install the zip from System|Addons.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake

That ^.
Had exactly the same problem.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I came across a good addon for watching football - Its called ZemTv.

Explains more in this vid here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj2YxyWtJfQ

Install instructions here: https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-zemtv-for-xbmc-kodi/

Hope it helps.

I'm new to Kodi, just installed it on an android phone for now. Zem tv was the first thing I put on for sports (came here to share but you've beaten me to it). Quality is really good for live streaming and I get Eurosport for the cycling. However, I find if I switch channels just a few times then Kodi just shuts down and I have to fire it up again. From the few film channels I've tested elsewhere I don't get this (presumably because it's not live streaming). Are you having the same problems with Zem or is it just me?

Also, any ideas what other add ons (so far only got fusion) and channels are good for live sports and Europsport in particular please? Is Phoenix and UK Turks my best next step? I will eventually put Kodi on the laptop but trying it on android first.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm new to Kodi, just installed it on an android phone for now. Zem tv was the first thing I put on for sports (came here to share but you've beaten me to it). Quality is really good for live streaming and I get Eurosport for the cycling. However, I find if I switch channels just a few times then Kodi just shuts down and I have to fire it up again. From the few film channels I've tested elsewhere I don't get this (presumably because it's not live streaming). Are you having the same problems with Zem or is it just me?

Also, any ideas what other add ons (so far only got fusion) and channels are good for live sports and Europsport in particular please? Is Phoenix and UK Turks my best next step? I will eventually put Kodi on the laptop but trying it on android first.

Genesis for movies. Phoenix for everything including live TV. Recently discovered Robocop for great HD quality sport ... Sports Devil for anything I can't find there

No need for anything else imo

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Genesis for movies. Phoenix for everything including live TV. Recently discovered Robocop for great HD quality sport ... Sports Devil for anything I can't find there

No need for anything else imo

Thanks. I thought Genesis was winding down before starting up again? Films aren't really my thing anyway. I'll check out Robocop and Sports Devil, cheers.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
3 amigos is pretty good, I think all the above mentioned carry the same streams and I dont really think there is much difference in quality, but I stand to be corrected.

Ultimate Whitecream I have been told is ok for .......erm adult viewing.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Thanks. I thought Genesis was winding down before starting up again? Films aren't really my thing anyway. I'll check out Robocop and Sports Devil, cheers.

You may be right about Genesis ... I now use Phoenix for pretty well everything, although the Robocop download had vastly improved mainstream sports

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
For people who are not sure if they want kodi or not, you can actually download to a phone or tablet and see if its for you or not.
I personally have a £25 box of eBay and never have issues.

Would I not need one of the jailbroken sticks that are about £60 on eBay?

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Would I not need one of the jailbroken sticks that are about £60 on eBay?

Kodi will pretty much run on anything. All depends on what you want to spend or what you want to do with it. You can buy a set top box off ebay or argos etc and use it like a sky box. You can buy an Amazon firestick for £35 and run it on that but thats then portable as uses wifi and hdmi connection. It runs on any windows/android device. Its not the most simple to use and setup but once you have the hang of it you wont regret it trust me !

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Kodi will pretty much run on anything. All depends on what you want to spend or what you want to do with it. You can buy a set top box off ebay or argos etc and use it like a sky box. You can buy an Amazon firestick for £35 and run it on that but thats then portable as uses wifi and hdmi connection. It runs on any windows/android device. Its not the most simple to use and setup but once you have the hang of it you wont regret it trust me !

Run it on a laptop its free.......then connect the laptop to TV via HDMI ..easy

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I'm starting to lose faith in KODI after getting so used to relying on it. Maybe it's just Genesis but the number of good streams has now drastically dropped and it's no longer a simple case of picking a programme and hitting play as there are too many shows without any working streams at all.

I've gone back to pairing Usenet for downloading with Plex for streaming my media

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Never had issues with it. Have you installed Xunity? Also Istream is a good add on.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Never had issues with it. Have you installed Xunity? Also Istream is a good add on.

Ok thanks. Could be my install playing up then.

I have tried Xuntiy and istream but the live tv for sports didn't work at all, so I deleted it. Films worked well though.

I've just downloaded phoenix and got that working a treat. But then when I went back to the adon installer featured section, which was showing ukturks among others, all the other stuff had gone.

I also had issues with robocop as well. I've lost faith with the android version so I've uninstalled for now. Will now try a windows version on laptop, see how that works and reinstall the android version again at a later date if need be.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Ok thanks. Could be my install playing up then.

I have tried Xuntiy and istream but the live tv for sports didn't work at all, so I deleted it. Films worked well though.

I've just downloaded phoenix and got that working a treat. But then when I went back to the adon installer featured section, which was showing ukturks among others, all the other stuff had gone.

I also had issues with robocop as well. I've lost faith with the android version so I've uninstalled for now. Will now try a windows version on laptop, see how that works and reinstall the android version again at a later date if need be.

Would highly recommend just running Kodi on an old PC/Laptop for better performance. I have a MX Box running Kodi but prefer the PC as it appears to be more responsive and runs alot more smoother.

I also have signed up to https://streamtvbox.club/site/. I pay £11 per month and can run it on Kodi, i get all the Sports channels in HD and all the PPV and Prem 3pm Kick offs (for when we get there). So much cheaper than Skysports/BT package. List of Channels here https://streamtvbox.club/site/sports-schedule/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here