Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward Off to Burnley?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
It's not so much this deal is isolation, it's the pattern emerging. Sammy Lee, Clayton, Grabban, now Ward. Every time we are favourites for the deal, and every time we fail to close it.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It's not so much this deal is isolation, it's the pattern emerging. Sammy Lee, Clayton, Grabban, now Ward. Every time we are favourites for the deal, and every time we fail to close it.

Not forgetting Mason and Conway last January.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I'm bidding on a sofa on ebay at the moment. I really like it. It had a buy now option of £400. I want it and as a last resort I would have paid £400. However, I have started the bidding at £50 (buy it now option then disappears). So I am taking a risk as when it gets close to the end time I could be outbid at the last minute. However, I really want value for money so I will take the risk of losing out. If I do lose out then I shall probably regret not using the buy it now option of £400 but I do not have money to burn.

Nah. Offer £1000 and make sure you get it.

It is definitely easy spending other people's money.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
People seem to be forgetting that we have the flowing locks of Calde to fill the void at left back, at least short term.

It's not all bad.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Conway and Mason were ours if we wanted them. Oscar rejected both. FACT.

So Oscar rejects good players then buggers of in the summer...

Goes someway to the reason as to why clubs prefer managers to coach and Directors of football buys the players these days

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nah. Offer £1000 and make sure you get it.

It is definitely easy spending other people's money.

That's not a fair comparison at all.

The analogy surely goes: "How much do you want the sofa? Do you want that sofa or are you prepared to hold out until you get a similar sofa for a lower price? And when is the deadline - next year or next weekend?"

Unless you can point me to a single post in June that was saying "Just pay Ward £20k a week and get him in"

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really? Thought he did well in the cup games last season. Bit unfair to judge him on the circumstances of the 2nd leg of the Play off.

Yeh I've never been impressed tbh. Did ok the other night but we need a fullback to bomb up & down and he doesn't. Also way too small gets bumped off ball too easy. As I say all about opinions....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Conway and Mason were ours if we wanted them. Oscar rejected both. FACT.

V interesting. I was told he's on 10 or 15k can't remember at Blackburn so we couldn't compete as such. Bit annoyed we didn't take both then tbh

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
apologies if this was taken the wrong way... but isn't it being a bit pedantic for you to actual believe I want burke to kill himself over missing out on a transfer.

the post still stands though

Not being pedantic at all. I knew you didn't mean it, I just think it was a grossly over the top reaction to the situation, and a pretty ill-thought out comment to make. :shrug:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really? Thought he did well in the cup games last season. Bit unfair to judge him on the circumstances of the 2nd leg of the Play off.

Just to confirm... He's ****ing GASH :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here