Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker - 2018-19 Game 36 update - 5 below

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So looking at the stats table we need 10 points from 14 games to stay on track, let me read that again ;-)

So under 3/4s of a point per game!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
They were talking about this on the radio this morning (not sure who it was,wasn't really concentrating), but the essence of the discussion was there are a couple of obvious issues - they keep changing the back four so it's unsettled, and tactically they are too gung-ho for a newly promoted team and have been found out very quickly.

This is in the Guardian today :

1) Fulham’s defensive record borders on embarrassing
On the eve of the new season Slavisa Jokanovic said Fulham “don’t have to change much but we need to be intelligent. We need to grow up.” Two months down the line and either Jokanovic underestimated how much Fulham needed to adapt to be ready for the Premier League or his players are not being as smart as he had hoped. Whatever the answer, Fulham did not spend more than £100m in the summer to be languishing in the relegation zone with one win from nine games and a defensive record that is in danger of becoming an embarrassment. Alarm bells should be ringing after Cardiff, who had scored only four times in their opening eight games, doubled their tally for the season against Jokanovic’s porous team. As things stand, Fulham are on course to concede more than 100 goals this season. They need to wise up fast.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ue-10-talking-points-from-the-weekends-action

yeah decent analysis.

I quite like Fulham but I do find it pretty funny they are conceding all over the place after splashing all that cash. I really expected better from them so far so its a bonus team down there for me.

Long may it continue

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
They were talking about this on the radio this morning (not sure who it was,wasn't really concentrating), but the essence of the discussion was there are a couple of obvious issues - they keep changing the back four so it's unsettled, and tactically they are too gung-ho for a newly promoted team and have been found out very quickly.

On the eve of the new season Slavisa Jokanovic said Fulham “don’t have to change much but we need to be intelligent. We need to grow up.” Two months down the line and either Jokanovic underestimated how much Fulham needed to adapt to be ready for the Premier League or his players are not being as smart as he had hoped. Whatever the answer, Fulham did not spend more than £100m in the summer to be languishing in the relegation zone with one win from nine games and a defensive record that is in danger of becoming an embarrassment. Alarm bells should be ringing after Cardiff, who had scored only four times in their opening eight games, doubled their tally for the season against Jokanovic’s porous team. As things stand, Fulham are on course to concede more than 100 goals this season. They need to wise up fast.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ue-10-talking-points-from-the-weekends-action

Similar to what Danny Murphy was saying on MoTD.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I was saying as much yesterday on our way back from the delightful city of Newcastle. I suspect Jokanovic might be the first PL manager to go this season. Their defensive record is awful, and I don't think their chairman will show too much patience.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I was saying as much yesterday on our way back from the delightful city of Newcastle. I suspect Jokanovic might be the first PL manager to go this season. There defensive record is awful, and I don't think their chairman will show too much patience.
Not sure how much more cash he can chuck at it without getting into FFP territory either. I know newly promoted teams (rightly) get special dispensation in the first season but I'd guess they might be pushing those limits already? Also how much more will he be willing to back the manager with when £100m+ has so far yielded the square root of **** all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was saying as much yesterday on our way back from the delightful city of Newcastle. I suspect Jokanovic might be the first PL manager to go this season. There defensive record is awful, and I don't think their chairman will show too much patience.

Wagner still has plenty of credit in the bank, and Warnock has performed a near miracle to get Cardiff up.

I'd agree that, along with Hodgson, Benitez and even Hughes, Jokanovic must be feeling a little bit of pressure.

Hodgson - Palace fans are getting fed up, after another woeful start to the season. Parish is under a lot of pressure due to Ultra-gate, and will happily sacrifice Roy, to take some heat off himself.

Benitez - much the same. Toon Army anger still directed mostly at Ashley, who will gladly throw Rafa under the bus, before accepting any personal responsibility.

Hughes - he's just a bit shit, and Saints fans I know can't wait to be rid of him. They were decent at Bournemouth though, apparently, so maybe they'll improve/ Murray's late equalizer really ****ed up any momentum for them.

Saints v Newcastle this weekend - looks a big game.

Jokanovic - spent a ludicrous amount of money on new players. The owner is entitled to expect an immediate return on such figures.

Of course Mourinho could implode at any point and beat them all to the PUNCH.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Wagner still has plenty of credit in the bank, and Warnock has performed a near miracle to get Cardiff up.

I'd agree that, along with Hodgson, Benitez and even Hughes, Jokanovic must be feeling a little bit of pressure.

Hodgson - Palace fans are getting fed up, after another woeful start to the season. Parish is under a lot of pressure due to Ultra-gate, and will happily sacrifice Roy, to take some heat off himself.

Benitez - much the same. Toon Army anger still directed mostly at Ashley, who will gladly throw Rafa under the bus, before accepting any personal responsibility.

Hughes - he's just a bit shit, and Saints fans I know can't wait to be rid of him. They were decent at Bournemouth though, apparently, so maybe they'll improve/ Murray's late equalizer really ****ed up any momentum for them.

Saints v Newcastle this weekend - looks a big game.

Jokanovic - spent a ludicrous amount of money on new players. The owner is entitled to expect an immediate return on such figures.

Of course Mourinho could implode at any point and beat them all to the PUNCH.

Agree with most of that. I strongly suspect that Mourinho's future is dependent on Zidane. The alternative with Ashley is if he gets rid of Benitez, he's even more exposed. And we can both agree that Hughes is more than a bit shit, can't we?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
One win out of four matches or 3 draws out of 4 matches doesn't seem all that difficult.

Does that help avoid some of the nocturnal enuresis?

Indeed, and that's not taking the p*** :blush:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wins ( maybe unlikely ) at both Cardiff and Huddersfield would put us in an excellent position.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Predicted - 2 points from the next four games. I fancy us to do better than that given our obduracy over the last few games.

+1 on the use of "obduracy". It's been a long while since I saw/heard the use of that word. :clap:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
:bounce:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Better late than never!

Whilst I personally think Wolves looked like a top 8 team on Saturday this was predicted as a win and therefore we remain 2 points ahead of the relegation tracker and Europe. After Everton, the predicted graphs for relegation and Europe start to split. A draw at Everton is needed to stay 2 points ahead of Europe, nothing is expected on the relegation tracker.

Attachments

• Fixtures Game 10.png
    Fixtures Game 10.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 734
  • Graph Game 10.png
    Graph Game 10.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 739

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Better late than never!

Whilst I personally think Wolves looked like a top 8 team on Saturday this was predicted as a win and therefore we remain 2 points ahead of the relegation tracker and Europe. After Everton, the predicted graphs for relegation and Europe start to split. A draw at Everton is needed to stay 2 points ahead of Europe, nothing is expected on the relegation tracker.

So only 1 win left in 2018 and that will be the scum. Looks like a lean period coming up

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
ps) Palace now five points below, thanks to a "bonus" point v Arsenal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here