Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roll Call for Birmingham Tuesday 5th April - #2kforBrum

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Anyone got any good parking recommendations up there ? Driving home after the game so ideally not too far away.....

Every time e I go there I park in Trafalgar st , two roads uphill from the ground, never had a problem. Opposite that there is an away fans car park, about £7

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Anyone got any good parking recommendations up there ? Driving home after the game so ideally not too far away.....

They have a car park behind the away end just for away fans, totally seperate from the home end. You have to pay a £5 if memory is correct

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Very tempted now I've seen this! £24 return train to Nottingham so when all is said and done I could do the trip for £50 including food! Means me leaving work 5mins early to get into New Street for 7pm and a steady walk to the ground which is fine. And trains back to Nottingham are regular.
If there are any other East Midlands based Seagulls that fancy it then let me know!

theboybilly

Is it possible to get back as far as Brighton on the train after the game?

Apologies - I'm lazy and I know the likes of [MENTION=238]Uncle Buck[/MENTION] and [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION] will know the score.

I've just checked the Chiltern Railway website (National Rail Enquiries don't show it) and there is a 21:53 train from Bordesley to Moor Street (2 minute journey apparently) which gives you 15 minutes to jog down to New Street to catch the 22:10. I'll be on that train hopefully but staying over that night

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
I was at that one with, amongst others, [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION]. Crazy game where we spoiled their promotion party somewhat.

Karen Brady gave us the smallest allocation possible so we were somewhat outnumbered that day.

I don't recall any specific trouble but it wasn't a pleasant atmosphere, neither in nor around the ground.

I was at that one remember Barry Fry running down the touchline every time they scored to celebrate right by us. He got some stick

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
All being well it's me, him & maybe (remarkably) her

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I've just checked the Chiltern Railway website (National Rail Enquiries don't show it) and there is a 21:53 train from Bordesley to Moor Street (2 minute journey apparently) which gives you 15 minutes to jog down to New Street to catch the 22:10. I'll be on that train hopefully but staying over that night

Or you can walk back to New Street - it's about 25-30 mins, so should be possible to catch that 22.10 train. Last time I checked, a single for that journey to Euston was just £8 - so no excuse for London-based fans not to go!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Or you can walk back to New Street - it's about 25-30 mins, so should be possible to catch that 22.10 train. Last time I checked, a single for that journey to Euston was just £8 - so no excuse for London-based fans not to go!

Cheapest I can see is £13?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Cheapest I can see is £13?

Just checked on trainline again, 22.10 from New St to Euston is still £8. If you can travel up earlier in the day, there are London Midland trains from Euston for £6. So possible to travel from London to Brum and back for £14 in total. Bargainastic.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just checked on trainline again, 22.10 from New St to Euston is still £8. If you can travel up earlier in the day, there are London Midland trains from Euston for £6. So possible to travel from London to Brum and back for £14 in total. Bargainastic.

Making the 22:10 is a bit unlikely isn't it? 30 mins walk, give or take, so you'll want to be out pretty sharpish if you're all in on getting that train.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Making the 22:10 is a bit unlikely isn't it? 30 mins walk, give or take, so you'll want to be out pretty sharpish if you're all in on getting that train.

The early leaving skills that have been perfected at the Amex will be put to full use. with a steady exodus from 21.20 until the final whistle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here