Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Genesis - BBC2 now

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
To be fair it's a big subject to squeeze into 90 minutes but the editor was wrong to allow there not to be a mention of Hacket's credible and popular solo work yet mentioned the privileged Banks solo work which by their standards were failed projects. The bad omission was made worse by annoying talking heads like ex funny man Bill Murray which was a bad use of limited time.

Er, Al Murray

Because my in-laws were over and wanted to watch it.

If they were visiting YOUR house then YOU decide what to watch. If they wanted to watch it they should have recorded/Sky+ it at their own place, Shirley?!?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Are you going to see steve Hackett at brighton Center later this month? It's the genesis revisited 2 tour and amongst others he plays full version of suppers ready and musical box
Alas I don't live in Brighton now and I need to catch up on his stuff. Obviously the old genesis numbers I know. need a good singer to do justice to Suppers Ready I would have thought!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Are you going to see steve Hackett at brighton Center later this month? It's the genesis revisited 2 tour and amongst others he plays full version of suppers ready and musical box

I am.
Looking forward to it.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
As some may know bit of a Genesis fan

I was very disappointed with the programme just a plug for the RKive thing they have out agree with all the comments here, except the JK one, he was a big part of the bands history to have missed him out would have been odd and he has done his time for what he was convicted of he received no payment for it. Are we to airbrush all people from history because they have committed a crime? Leapy Lee did time for manslaughter did not stop him featuring in a documentary some years later! If they do a documentary on the LostProphets would you airbrush Ian Watkins out?

I was very disappointed they missed out the Ray Wilson era (the album post Collins Calling All Stations) and yes it was odd they forgot that Stevie Hackett has a career too after genesis, also no mention of what all the other members of the band from the past are up to now.

All in all very disappointed although good to see all the old tensions in there, Tony Banks saying he does not like the story of Lamb lies Down etc.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yep, I'm there too. Can't wait.

And bloomin good it was too. Must admit, it took me 3 or 4 songs to get out of my mind the thought that I was watching a Genesis tribute band, but once I did, I thoroughly enjoyed that.

The Fountain of Salmacis, I Know What I Like, Return of the Giant Hogweed, Suppers Ready, all immense :bowdown:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Disappointed that Mostly Autumn was just the duo, rather than the full band but given the short set probably not worth bringing everyone. Really enjoyed Steve Hackett took me back to the early 70s.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Brilliant night. Fly on a windshield and musical box...two of my favourite genesis songs of all time! Went mental at the end of suppers ready.

My wife has never seen so many balding single 50somethings in one place!

Ears still ringing

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
[MENTION=20]granny weatherwax[/MENTION]

[YT]uMwKhamRCII[/YT]

[YT]wPzAc0MybMQ[/YT]

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
[MENTION=20]granny weatherwax[/MENTION]

[YT]uMwKhamRCII[/YT]

[YT]wPzAc0MybMQ[/YT]

Brilliant stuff...that first video could have been me clapping at the beginning..lol

Still think it was magnificent

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Just been listening to "and then there were three" I still think "Undertow" is one of the most uplifting songs of all time. Strange as its about what you would do in the last days if your life. Maybe I am odd.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
She has
Brilliant night. Fly on a windshield and musical box...two of my favourite genesis songs of all time! Went mental at the end of suppers ready.

My wife has never seen so many balding single 50somethings in one place! She hasGW! She has!

Ears still ringing

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Just been listening to "and then there were three" I still think "Undertow" is one of the most uplifting songs of all time. Strange as its about what you would do in the last days if your life. Maybe I am odd.
Never got into that album. Missed Hackett's input if that's not stating the obvious.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Never got into that album. Missed Hackett's input if that's not stating the obvious.

I thought that was an excellent album, although it was the start of the move to a more electronic drum machine type of genesis.

That is why I liked last night so much...pure raw music with a very talented set of musicians!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here