Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spain vs England

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Dan Roan: "Make mistake this was no meaningless friendly victory. Spain haven't lost at home for 15 years."

You could see from their gesticulations, ref chasing and general theatrics that it meant something to Spain. They were desperate to get something from that game.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think you've misread his post.

Oh no - have I been whooshed!? Sorry [MENTION=36014]Saunders[/MENTION] if that’s the case - so much rubbish flying around on here I can’t tell what’s serious or not :lol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It’s ok - I don’t forget and haven’t forgot your twattish aftertime post at me on a previous thread - we’ll call it even :thumbsup:

Please do remind me. I have looked at all my posts this season and I have only been quoted by you twice, the first being in relation to Ince leaving Huddersfield, the second you correcting my grammar to which I replied sorry.

If there was another time I couldn't find it. I have noticed you use the phrase shit fan a lot.

In the years following my chosen team I have seen live some 1400 games if that's being a shit fan then so be it.

Instead of attempting to insult others I suggest you learn to have a little humility.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You could see from their gesticulations, ref chasing and general theatrics that it meant something to Spain. They were desperate to get something from that game.

The Nations League is so so so much better than pointless friendlies. I watched France v Germany (I think) in the first round of games - played at a great pace & a full house. Teams of similar abilities playing for qualification & relegation is good.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Please do remind me. I have looked at all my posts this season and I have only been quoted by you twice, the first being in relation to Ince leaving Huddersfield, the second you correcting my grammar to which I replied sorry.

If there was another time I couldn't find it. I have noticed you use the phrase shit fan a lot.

In the years following my chosen team I have seen live some 1400 games if that's being a shit fan then so be it.

Instead of attempting to insult others I suggest you learn to have a little humility.

Ha - I was using the term ‘shit fan’ as that’s what you said to me on that thread when I was on holiday (after it was dead and buried) - it was a joke! No need for humility from me..... and no Insults - just a tongue in cheek pop back :thumbsup: I just liked it for you...

I like Piltdown - I’ve played gold there many times.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Nations League is so so so much better than pointless friendlies. I watched France v Germany (I think) in the first round of games - played at a great pace & a full house. Teams of similar abilities playing for qualification & relegation is good.

Sky just showed highlights of Luxemburg v San Marino. The way the fixtures should be!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
To be honest, where it comes to England I don't really care anymore.

Buy my goodness, you are boring.

F/ing hell Jon, I'd vowed never to post on here ever again, but even I had to return for this one and lend you my support. Of all the middle aged dullards on here HT is the biggest narcissistic bore of the lot, and that really is saying something when you've got competition from the likes of [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] et al. Get out while you still can. Top post btw. James.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
F/ing hell Jon, I'd vowed never to post on here ever again, but even I had to return for this one and lend you my support. Of all the middle aged dullards on here HT is the biggest narcissistic bore of the lot, and that really is saying something when you've got competition from the likes of [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] et al. Get out while you still can. Top post btw. James.

Lol! Cheeky, come back to NSC, it's not the same without your erudite palace bashing. :(
And I don't think there's hope for me to be honest....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think you've misread his post.

Oh no - have I been whooshed!? Sorry [MENTION=36014]Saunders[/MENTION] if that’s the case - so much rubbish flying around on here I can’t tell what’s serious or not :lol:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Some ridiculous nonsense on this thread. Spain’s first competitive defeat at home in 15 years and our youngest side since 1957. What’s not to like?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some ridiculous nonsense on this thread. Spain’s first competitive defeat at home in 15 years and our youngest side since 1957. What’s not to like?

Only trolls who didn't actually watch the entire game, smirking as they typed away, simply trying to piss people off.

Everyone else enjoyed the performance and win.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If you took of half of your England blinkers it was actually a cracking game.
Very good 1st half performance, stout defending and some luck and a very good Spain side pressing 2nd half, good atmosphere, tasty tackles and held on for a win away to one of the best sides in the world.
What's not to like.
I enjoyed it more than any of our world cup matches.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Will Lewis even get picked for next squad if Tarkowski is fit?

Yes [emoji16].

If Southgate has had a close look at Dunky in training, he’ll know that he is superior. By actually NOT playing this game, I think his stock has gone up.

Tarkowski on the other hand has not looked great with the 3 Lions in his two caps and has probably had his chance:

Vs Italy

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....romise-learns-harsh-lesson-international/amp/

Vs Switzerland

BBC Player Rating

James Tarkowski (centre-back) 5

Looked nervous early on and was robbed when Xherdan Shaqiri nearly put Switzerland ahead.

Your rating: 4.79

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Too busy enjoying the game to post on this thread last night. Best first half of football I have ever seen England play (I go back to 66). And we won. Agree with [MENTION=2349]Skaville[/MENTION], like us winning away at Citeh. :rock::thumbsup:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Best England game I have watched since the dawn of time. I normally find watching England excruciating/frustrating/boring/annoying/predictable - this was completely different, especially in a truly scintillating first half where their pace and yes, their movement (never thought I'd hear myself saying that about an England side) scared the living daylights out of that much vaunted Spanish side on their home turf. A new beginning or a transitory illusion? ... Time will tell.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here