Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup players that have impressed you, outside of the usual suspects!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
To start off a couple from Uruguay which have really impressed me

Diego Godin what a player, best CB in the world?

Diego Laxalt brilliant left back, knows how to defend and has a great engine on him.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
William Carvalho, CM for Portugal, beast of a man and seems to have all day on the ball.
Mario Fernandes, RB/RWB for Russia, defensively sound, willing runner and has natural attacking flair as he’s Brazilian.
Ante Rebic, AM for Croatia, pacy, skilful, eye for goal, doesn’t mind the physical aspect of the game.
Kieran Trippier, don’t need to say why.
Isco, Spain, Rolls Royce.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
World Cup players that have impressed you, outside of the usual suspects

Good idea for a thread.

Diego Godin

:ffsparr:

I'll put forward Tunisia's Dylan Bronn, who was terrific at right back against England, though wiki and elsewhere list him as a centre back. Only 23, playing for Gent. Quick, strong, tall. One to watch.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Good idea for a thread.

:ffsparr:

I'll put forward Tunisia's Dylan Bronn, who was terrific at right back against England, though wiki and elsewhere list him as a centre back. Only 23, playing for Gent. Quick, strong, tall. One to watch.

My Thoughts exactly.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Ante Rebic, AM for Croatia, pacy, skilful, eye for goal, doesn’t mind the physical aspect of the game.

I've been very impressed with him.

i'll add Colombia's Juan Quintero - i'd heard his name before but he's always looked dangerous when i've seen him during this WC.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The 60 year old Russian centre forward...turning circle of a cruise ship but he puts himself about....

I know it is a usual suspect, but I didn't realise just how good griezeman is. Not having BT Sports, I haven't seen him in teh CL, but he I still quick , gets in really great positions and seems to one of those players who seem to have the ball stick to his feet.

Still really rate shakieri( sp?). That guy is absulote class.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I reckon Domagoj Vida is destined for bigger and better things than Besiktas - he's been superb throughout the tournament. Same goes for Viktor Claesson of Sweden, currently playing at Krasnodar in Russia. I'd take him like a shot.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I reckon Domagoj Vida is destined for bigger and better things than Besiktas - he's been superb throughout the tournament. Same goes for Viktor Claesson of Sweden, currently playing at Krasnodar in Russia. I'd take him like a shot.

I believe Everton have already made a bid for Vida.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Still really rate shakieri( sp?). That guy is absulote class.

I'd love to have Shaqiri in the team - he is awesome. But, we'd need to sign Crouchy too for the comedy effect.

imageedit_7_8585402265.jpg

Attachments

• DRl3iciX4AEM268.jpg
    DRl3iciX4AEM268.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 403

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Hirving Lozano the young Mexican lad who's at PSV. Unfortunately my scouting skills aren't great as after I said to my son that he would be quality for us, I heard a commentator say that Barcelona were interested in signing him. Oh well.

Anyway, hope he tears Brazil a new one this afternoon and Neymar cries, the prick.

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
Thought the Senegalese RW looked quality, can’t remeber the name though, also though Carrillo looked pretty decent for Peru along with the Colombia RB Arias apart from some of the ones already mentioned these have all caught my eye

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Everyone keeps saying this, but the one time I noticed him was when he was at fault for Portugal's goal.

Godin and Jiminez play for two of the stingiest defences in the world, Uruguay have conceded 1 goal so far at the World Cup, I’m sure you know this already but Godin really is a ******* of a defender.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Mathew Leckie (Australia) yet another ex Ingolstadt player for peanuts to Hertha Berlin , i thought he was outstanding in the Aussie team .

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Ante Rebic has been a stand out for me as well.
Thomas Delaney been impressed with his running, positioning and simple passes.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here