Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shane in the news again!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And, as for pro IRA tweets...I reckon that Irish people can do what they want in that regard. At least he is personally invested in the United Ireland debate.
Exactly.
So posters here are fuming because Duffy holds an opposite view, on a situation he has lived through, to their own.
Very sad indeed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Andre Gray was suspended for 4 games for a very similar offence in 2016
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/23/burnley-andre-gray-four-match-ban-twitter

And this was for tweets when he was 21, 4 years before.

PS: sorry. Repeat of point earlier in thread.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-44217006

A spokesperson for the Football Association said: "We were made aware of the allegations and investigated. We wrote to the player last month to warn him about his future conduct."

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I f*cking detest this new form of “journalism”. Trawl through a famous persons tweets from when they were a stupid teenager with no filter/common sense. Find anything that can be twisted in to homophobic, racist or xenophobic abuse and then package it off as news when; in reality, it's absolutely f*cking meaningless tripe.

I would say they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel, but they’re not. They’ve actually broken through the bottom and are now tunnelling straight to the earths core at a rate of knots.

Not just celebs.
My friend has been forced to quit his job as a teacher after pupils found Facebook posts from 2009 about him smoking weed

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Exactly.
So posters here are fuming because Duffy holds an opposite view, on a situation he has lived through, to their own.
Very sad indeed.

With a lot of Irish folk in my family and me with a liking for Irish girls I have spent a lot of time talking about the troubles with people who were involved from their side.

Shane's "views" are pretty mild from what I've heard. Some of them really hate us, some with good reason, some because they're dicks. I wouldn't post any of those opinions on the Internet though. But, good as he is, Duffy is clearly a bit thick, so allowances should be made.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I f*cking detest this new form of “journalism”. Trawl through a famous persons tweets from when they were a stupid teenager with no filter/common sense. Find anything that can be twisted in to homophobic, racist or xenophobic abuse and then package it off as news when; in reality, it's absolutely f*cking meaningless tripe.

I would say they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel, but they’re not. They’ve actually broken through the bottom and are now tunnelling straight to the earths core at a rate of knots.

perhaps the answer to this type of journalism is that members of public who see this 'cheapo' articles written and their associated witch hunt should then trawl the depths of history about the journalist themselves. Because as we all know none of them, or us has a 100% squeaky clean past do they/we?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
1st article on south today after the news:sick: There really is more important news around than some childish tweets from years ago.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
People make mistakes, its a human affliction.
Education is the best policy, he'll get that at the club.

This. I started life as a Liverpool fan before being educated at the Goldstone.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
With a lot of Irish folk in my family and me with a liking for Irish girls I have spent a lot of time talking about the troubles with people who were involved from their side.

Ha ha, reminds me of when met some of my in laws for the first time in the old Emerald, on way back from pub they showed me the monument to ‘freedom fighters’ killed by ‘British colonial forces’. I meekly responded with, ‘we call them something else back home and there’s two sides to every story’ :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I know I know, I was young and foolish and my dad wasn’t interested in football. Fortunately a close family friend who was saw what was happening and started taking me to the goldstone with his kids. The rest as they say is history. Very nearly ended up supporting Middleborough too on account I finished them first in my Panimi sticker album...there but for the grace of god and all that!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I know I know, I was young and foolish and my dad wasn’t interested in football. Fortunately a close family friend who was saw what was happening and started taking me to the goldstone with his kids. The rest as they say is history. Very nearly ended up supporting Middleborough too on account I finished them first in my Panimi sticker album...there but for the grace of god and all that!

That was a close shave, nearly going to the dark side :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That was a close shave, nearly going to the dark side :)

Very! It just goes to show how easy it is for kids to fall into drugs, alcohol, gangs, Palace etc if parents don’t understand things like the internet, social media, football and so forth. Government needs to tackle this sort of thing at an earlier age and provide more funding

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
FFS

...as mentioned earlier, the Andre Grey thing .... which was far more severe .... Grey was on the radio after Liverpool fans dragged it up and was contrite, open and honest (and sounded a bit dim). Stupid youngsters say/tweet/post stupid things from time to time.

Jesus ****ing Christ

...and Peter Tatchell smell of cum.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not just celebs.
My friend has been forced to quit his job as a teacher after pupils found Facebook posts from 2009 about him smoking weed

Which is precisely why I’ve told one of my kids, currently at uni, who has decided to become a teacher to thoroughly check her FB and Twitter accounts to see if she’s written something that she may later regret. If so, I’ve advised her to delete the accounts and, if she really feels she has to, create new ones.

We never had these issues when we were kids - our ludicrous teenage ramblings remained private, remembered only by the folk we were with at the time who had happened to be sober.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here