Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Can't check now but sure there is some office-pet related stuff earlier in the thread......

Yep, that was me when I worked in an office with dogs. I disliked dogs before joining that company. Now I f***ing hate them.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
[MENTION=10885]Lyndhurst 14[/MENTION]

What are you hoping for this year, on Administrative Professionals day?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I work within a completely ridiculous meeting culture and actively challenge the notion that I should attend a meeting I am invited to.

There is no point declining the meeting, that simply makes the thing a moving target as you increasing the likelihood it will be moved.

It's best to kill meetings at source I've come to believe.

I've also found another tactic to deal with work is to challenge other people who are so scared to show "weakness", they think you are too.

If you ever getting accused of contradicting yourself with "But I though we decided..", just reply "I've changed my mind".

Kills the conversation DEAD every time.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I work within a completely ridiculous meeting culture and actively challenge the notion that I should attend a meeting I am invited to.

There is no point declining the meeting, that simply makes the thing a moving target as you increasing the likelihood it will be moved.

It's best to kill meetings at source I've come to believe.

I've also found another tactic to deal with work is to challenge other people who are so scared to show "weakness", they think you are too.

If you ever getting accused of contradicting yourself with "But I though we decided..", just reply "I've changed my mind".

Kills the conversation DEAD every time.

We have monthly team meetings. At the start of the year my boss lightheartedly me if I had made any New Year's Resolutions, and I said 'to miss at least five team meetings'. I think he thought I was joking.

So far I have managed to avoid all four this year - so I am well on target!!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
We've got what I would call an "adolescent bell" in our office. He's in his 20's, but comes in every day going on about the amount he's drunk the night before, like it's some sort of badge of honour. He posts stuff on facebook like "SATURDAY IS FOR THE LADS", with a picture of a pint of Carling, and regales us all of stories about "the sesh". He seems to gain great satisfaction in boasting about how many customers he's made cry. All in all, a thoroughly reprehensible human being. He makes my piss boil.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We've got what I would call an "adolescent bell" in our office. He's in his 20's, but comes in every day going on about the amount he's drunk the night before, like it's some sort of badge of honour. He posts stuff on facebook like "SATURDAY IS FOR THE LADS", with a picture of a pint of Carling, and regales us all of stories about "the sesh". He seems to gain great satisfaction in boasting about how many customers he's made cry. All in all, a thoroughly reprehensible human being. He makes my piss boil.

Babybel cheese ?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I actually had to leave to pick up my daughter straight after the call, so I've not yet been updated on the aftermath. I'll report it back when I find out. I'd be VERY surprised if I see him in the office on Monday though.

I totally forgot to provide an update on this.

Luckily for the lad, he was shown some mercy and clung onto his job. I don't think he has uttered a word since :lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I totally forgot to provide an update on this.

Luckily for the lad, he was shown some mercy and clung onto his job. I don't think he has uttered a word since :lolol:

We had a bloke at work who spent years clinging onto his job by the skin of his teeth. Everyone called him "Missile" as he was always in danger of being fired.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

[TWEET]460806885420335104[/TWEET]
Could it be?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You would think that a major UK university would know how to assign email addresses. But, no. A new member of staff has the same name as me. We are both known by the shortened version of our first name. My email address has for 20 years been the long version of my first name. They have given the new guy the short version. Yes, we get each other's emails, and outlook calender alerts on an almost daily basis. :facepalm:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You would think that a major UK university would know how to assign email addresses. But, no. A new member of staff has the same name as me. We are both known by the shortened version of our first name. My email address has for 20 years been the long version of my first name. They have given the new guy the short version. Yes, we get each other's emails, and outlook calender alerts on an almost daily basis. :facepalm:

On that exact point, in a previous job there was a chap named Mike Richardson. His outlook name was Mike Richardson (Office location).
Which was fine. Until a different Mike Richardson started working in the same office.
It was a big office.
Did they really not see that coming?

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I worked with a crisp eater - it was the loudest crisp eating action in the universe.

My crisp eater colleague doesn’t close his mouth around the crisp when he bites it, and is completely oblivious to the debris about his clothes and feet. Lovely bloke, very bright, rubbish at crisps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
My crisp eater colleague doesn’t close his mouth around the crisp when he bites it, and is completely oblivious to the debris about his clothes and feet. Lovely bloke, very bright, rubbish at crisps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every bite set my nerves on edge.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

****ing hell! Is that synchronicity or what!

I was just telling my missus this tale...I used to work for a company...there was a guy there with the same name as mine...so IT gave both of us the same effing email address.

On day one I get all this dickheads emails, telling him to wipe his Arse, blow his nose...lots of monkey boy shite.

I wander down to IT, explain that I'm a new starter and have an email clash, then I find this dick and explain, nicely, that there is a bit of confusion, while I sort it out, please can he send me any email that clearly isn't his (I'm marketing, he's a lab bloke) after a YEAR this guy is still not forwarding my mail, so I start replying to his with stupid, insane replies.

He complains that I'm bullying him.

I left in disgust.

My new company has just been bought out by my old one..and, yes, he's still there.

Last week I got my OLD email address back...and it's still the same as HIS.

I'm on to the recruiters again.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Early 90's there was a manager who had just been issued one of them new fangled mobile phones. Trouble was he couldn't get a signal in the office without standing on a chair. A chair by his desk. That had a landline on it.

Several times a day you would hear "HI. IT'S JEFF. WHAT ? NO, I'M ON MY MOBILE. HOW ABOUT NOW ? HANG ON. YOU STILL THERE ?"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here