Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm back after ban

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
At the risk of appearing to be a teachers pet, I'm going to defend the mods here. I think posting history should be taken into account. To use a similar analogy to Bozza's, past history / crimes should be taken into account. A poster with 10,000 posts with a clean history that could make a stupid mistake and should be given some leaway. Whilst a new poster that almost immediately launches into unsavory and insulting posts needs their expectations around posting rights re-set sooner rather than later.

The mods do their 'jobs' pretty well as far as I can see - they removed a poster who posted some pretty abusive stuff against me around the Shoreham Air Crash given the sensitivity at the time and people need to remember NSC is a hobby for them as well as us and not some professional business. *** brown nosing over ***

:sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
*** brown nosing over ***
Did someone say brown nosing? I want in.

Mods have always had double standards whether they deny it or not it doesn't matter. I call someone a name as opposed to someone with 10,000 posts calling me a name back, there is only one person getting in trouble.
Tw@

Only joking Viper ;)

As the mods have pointed out, they're people just like us. Sometimes you're going to get them on a good day, sometimes you'll get them on a bad day, but they try to be fair.

This thread doesn't show the mods in good light. Just my opinion. I feel he was somewhat provoked. His warning and banning was a very public display by goldstone.

I'm sure it could have been handled better with a smile and a joke especially considering Bens Grandads response.
Goldstone isn't the mod that originally banned him (and I'm not even sure his first ban was a 1 strike ban, rather than an infraction that added to his points). He then started a thread to argue about his ban and that's never going to end well. A few years ago Bozza gave me an infraction. He was wrong, I was right (and if you didn't know I'm always right then you must be new here), but did I start a thread moaning about it? No. I was very mature about it (I didn't break my keyboard, I was upgrading anyway) and I let it go.

I would say this says it all about why you favour the mods. The mods have favoured you. If the poster removed had been someone you liked then you would not find them so favourable. You and the mods need to face that you have prejudices and one of them is favouring posters who have more longevity.
I'm use one particular forum where the mods act like power hungry children, they read your private messages and ban people that they disagree with. This place isn't like that. They've explained why they'll give a poster a little more leeway if they know their posting history. Just the way we posters do - when a new poster arrives and starts slagging off the club, I'm more likely to think they're Palace than in a regular did. We get new posters who sign up just to be annoying, so I imagine they get a bit less leeway than the rest of us.

*** brown nosing paused ***

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I opened up this thread because I'm well aware there is, for want of a better description, some "mod frustration" amongst a group of users. I'm happy to allow an outlet for those people to let rip a bit, and I'll do my best to provide some balance.

I also know, if only through years of experience now, that some people won't change their minds. They believe all the mods are on an ego trip and are power-crazed lunatics. I may well be, but from the time I've spent with each of the mods we have, none of them are like that at all. They all enjoy being part of this community as much as anyone else, and are happy to try and sort out problems when they occur. For the volume of posts on NSC, problems are still few and far between, which is great.

Also, unlike other forums I am aware of, the mods here do change from time to time for a variety of reasons. That brings welcome fresh perspectives.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was for a while a MOD on a site for cruising( I think I still am actually) ...oooh errrr missus....and this site is very mild compared to that one, which is actually a mainstream site.

I got involved with one bloke who took exception to someone describing a P&O cruise as " full of the lowest form of pikey...and ....made butlins seem like the Ritz..." Now after about 5 pages of insults and willie waving, this guy thretened to go round the original poster's house and duff him up. I calmed it all down with a few bans for 5 hours and hoped it had all settled down. I was then a week later sent a clipping from a local newspaper where indeed the guy had gone round the OP home and attacked him with a machette. We cruisers can get a tad feisty!

:)

I opened up this thread because I'm well aware there is, for want of a better description, some "mod frustration" amongst a group of users. I'm happy to allow an outlet for those people to let rip a bit, and I'll do my best to provide some balance.

I also know, if only through years of experience now, that some people won't change their minds. They believe all the mods are on an ego trip and are power-crazed lunatics. I may well be, but from the time I've spent with each of the mods we have, none of them are like that at all. They all enjoy being part of this community as much as anyone else, and are happy to try and sort out problems when they occur. For the volume of posts on NSC, problems are still few and far between, which is great.

Also, unlike other forums I am aware of, the mods here do change from time to time for a variety of reasons. That brings welcome fresh perspectives.

I'm waiting on the call:salute:

PS I have a list???

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think I've been banned twice.
Piss poor record really over all those thousands of posts.

I thought at the time that El Pres should be bloody well hung.
Then the word came out that he was.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I was for a while a MOD on a site for cruising( I think I still am actually) ...oooh errrr missus....and this site is very mild compared to that one, which is actually a mainstream site.

I got involved with one bloke who took exception to someone describing a P&O cruise as " full of the lowest form of pikey...and ....made butlins seem like the Ritz..." Now after about 5 pages of insults and willie waving, this guy thretened to go round the original poster's house and duff him up. I calmed it all down with a few bans for 5 hours and hoped it had all settled down. I was then a week later sent a clipping from a local newspaper where indeed the guy had gone round the OP home and attacked him with a machette. We cruisers can get a tad feisty!

Wasn't Bushy was it?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I just get the impression the majority of the mods are either living single or divorced.

El Presidente and Hitony are perfect examples. NSC seems to be a good venting point for these specific mods. Maybe we need to find them a nice date?

All they need is a little bit of love.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I've been banned once, and acclimatised. If you visit someone's house and don't like the way they run things then your options are limited. Sling your hook, get chucked out, or adapt.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The mods do their 'jobs' pretty well as far as I can see - they removed a poster who posted some pretty abusive stuff against me around the Shoreham Air Crash given the sensitivity at the time and people need to remember NSC is a hobby for them as well as us and not some professional business. *** brown nosing over ***

I recall that on that sad day I was posting/PMing for the grossly offensive material to be removed. It took several hours (can't recall exactly) for the stuff to be taken down. In one of my posts I expressed surprise that it had taken the mods so long to get the stuff removed. Goldstone, for it was he, took it all personally and spat his dummy out responding with rude comments.....at me...for having a mild pop that they were taking too long. Was childish and pathetic and I basically let it go.

The mods aren't always going to do the right thing. They will make mistakes. It's life. But a certain calmness, reasonableness & maturity are surely prerequisites of the job?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I just get the impression the majority of the mods are either living single or divorced.

El Presidente and Hitony are perfect examples. NSC seems to be a good venting point for these specific mods. Maybe we need to find them a nice date?

All they need is a little bit of love.
Wrong on both counts.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here