Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parents who boast about their sprogs on Facebook

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Handy for keeping up with family if living abroad....but... most of the posts on my news feed are in languages anything but English.. one actual friend (in real life an everything) posts pictures of her son EVERY day... EVERY DAY.....and like others have said, the constant selfies from girls/woman to elicit the responses of 'ah beautiful' etc, regardless if they are not.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why are these people your 'Friends' ??
Nail on the head:D
I find it hilarious that people have 100's of so called friends:lolol:
It seems to be a huge image thing with many and most lets be frank offer jack shiteshite to your facebook.

I've culled around 50 this year who offer nothing with more to follow....Would prefer around 40/50 max.

I find it somewhat irritating. Don't have a problem praising their kids if they are on Facebook themselves. But when their children are not it just across as boasting and pointless. It used to be the case of Christmas cards and the 'letter' which amounted to the same thing. Who really gives a sh*t about little Johnny getting second prize in a spelling test or Sophie getting her Ballet certificate. Great. You made some children. Now your whole life evolves around them. Don't expect anyone else to care though...

Am I the only one who gets bored of this?

Any parent that's on facebook is too immature to have children:moo:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So basically someone created a giant public notice board that could be used by everyone from Jeremy Paxman to Shazza Dribblefanny, mum of 5 from Dewsbury and then we're astounded that the vast majority of people who use it are actually ordinary, normal, boring people sharing the things that they like with a select group of friends. I find the attention seeking "ssooo pissed off" as annoying as Easy 10 and some of the "accidental" shares of Britain First frankly worrying. I find some of the ill informed debates amusing and scary too (the Brighton and Hove Albion page can be a truly scary place that makes NSC look like some well informed, centreist, home for the rational). Compared to these sins pictures of a kid getting a new karate belt or celebrating their first goal, shared mainly with people that know that kid seems pretty normal, healthy and everyday.

Cat pictures can f*** off though.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Cat pictures can f*** off though.

xMiddle_Management_Cat_Catches_You_On_Facebook.jpg.pagespeed.ic.mnyyLrJqz3.jpg

Aaaaaahhhhh

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Little Johnny did his first shit in a REAL toilet today !!
It was big and brown and stank !!
Were inviting a few people round at the weekend for a "Johnnies first shit in a proper bog party " ALL WELCOME !!!! X XX:clap:

I dont see any problem with it if the child has actually done something worth shouting about

Anyway are you coming to the first shit party or not?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Quite how anyone uses Facebook regularly I don't know. My feed is usually a mixture of posts shared from the Cats protection league, pictures of cakes, pictures of people who are on deaths's door and pictures of the weather.

I went to a wedding last summer and people were instagramming the food. What happened to trying to shag the bridesmaid? That's why I prefer Twitter, you can easily unfollow all the crap.

deleted both some time ago

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Twitter I find more palatable because it is generally far less permanent. On Facebook, the things people have mentioned linger and once someone else likes it then it shoots back up to the top of your screen. On Twitter, there is generally more going on and it's a bit easier to wade through.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Can I just add to the 'smug' pot the 'Baby on board' things in cars! What exactly is the point of these? It's not as if, being a driver behind one, I was thinking of driving up the back of them - but then saw the sticker and backed off...

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Can I just add to the 'smug' pot the 'Baby on board' things in cars! What exactly is the point of these? It's not as if, being a driver behind one, I was thinking of driving up the back of them - but then saw the sticker and backed off...

"A sperm penetrated an ovary. Don't ram me."

I am very much of this persuasion - but the Mrs points out that actually they can serve a use because having a baby means the driver is more likely to be knackered and therefore drive in an illogical and dangerous manner, which I can just about see. So I prefer to view them now as something deserving pity (either for being a dribbling simpleton that thinks their precious needs additional protection or for having a screaming non-sleeping baby that is driving them crazy) rather than anger.

On the FB thing, Mothers Day this year pissed me right off. Yes, everyone loves their mother, whopdee-f**king-do, why don't you tell her to her face rather than splashing it all over facebook (particularly when said mother isn't even ON facebook).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

They are for the emergency services should the car be in an accident.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I am very much of this persuasion - but the Mrs points out that actually they can serve a use because having a baby means the driver is more likely to be knackered and therefore drive in an illogical and dangerous manner, which I can just about see. So I prefer to view them now as something deserving pity (either for being a dribbling simpleton that thinks their precious needs additional protection or for having a screaming non-sleeping baby that is driving them crazy) rather than anger.

On the FB thing, Mothers Day this year pissed me right off. Yes, everyone loves their mother, whopdee-f**king-do, why don't you tell her to her face rather than splashing it all over facebook (particularly when said mother isn't even ON facebook).

Well surely the driver shouldn't be on the bloody roads! :moo:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've got a genuine question on this subject (sort of) actually.

Every parent thinks their child is gorgeous, right? That's what they have to say, obviously, as it wouldn't be right for them to publicly admit that Little Johnny is anything but a candidate for Cute Kid Of The Year awards. But is that a genuine, genetic reaction, to think your own child is beautiful, or is it possible to realise that, actually, they are a bit odd looking, as the rest of the world sees them?

Not sure I'll get a truthful answer I guess, as I don't suppose any parent is going to admit it (fair enough!), but I do wonder if nature automatically makes you consider somebody to be attractive simply because you're physically related to them, or whether a human can actually recognise that their own offspring looks like E.T. Anyone?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
They are for the emergency services should the car be in an accident.

I can see that argument - that is an angle I hadn't thought about - although some of the goofy designs for these ('little princess' etc), don't exactly seem geared towards emergency services recognition!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here