Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhamton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Out of our 9 remaining games we have winnable games at Millwall, Rotherham and Wigan, and Hudds at home. I'd be surprised if we don't get the 5-6 points needed from those games alone. And we'll probably pick up unexpected points from the other 5 as well.

Today was a decent result. We're still 7 clear with only 9 to play, and Wigan won't get to play Rotherham every week.

This is broadly where i am.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Not sure about best possible team. As much as I like Stephens he is not and never will be a left winger and cms over O'Grady is not a good move in my book.

I did say pretty much. It's more the point that we do not have a plethora of fit attacking players available to play. Stephens is one of our better players so he has to play, but no he is not a left winger but if you stick Tex/Lua Lua out there, you then do not have much cover for Bennett on the left.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We just hung on.

We were good for first 25 minutes but as always lack of a decent striker cost us.The game should have been safe by 25th minute.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Didn't do enough to win today, probably slightly fortunate to get the draw in my view. Stockdale made 3 good saves in the credit column to offset the rickett, somebody (Greer?) cleared one off the line, they had better possession and we were definitely hanging on in the last 10 mins They looked far more likely to nick it. Poor old CMS didn't look like scoring from a couple of very good chances. Couldn't see if his "goal" was offside to be honest.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
We want Boro promoted and out on the lash by the time we venture north...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Win at Millwall, and if Watford win at Wigan on Tuesday, then....

We'll stay up :rock:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This bloke on the phone-in is a goodun. May not renew because we are playing with 3 full backs and 4 midfielders and it does not seem like football to him! Where are all these fit, attacking players we have available then? It's his opinion I suppose, but I am not sure where he expects CH to make changes? That is pretty much our best, fit team out on the field today.

Someone who came with a person that I know, wanted Hughton sacked for his team today. He was ranting on about players out of position. I tried to point out that Hughton was dealt this hand, then had injuries, so didn't have a lot of choice. I thought he was overreacting so just moved away rather than listen to his rant.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Walking Football

Forgot to say, in the bit where I might have drifted off to sleep like Stockdale.

I thought it was a good advert for "walking football" no player from either side running about very much. Except , of course, CMS.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Win at Millwall, and if Watford win at Wigan on Tuesday, then....

We'll stay up :rock:

Avoid defeat at Millwall, Rotherham and Wigan and we probably will. All we have to then do is match those below us results and some are playing each other so both cant win and draws wont be good enough for them to pick up the points they need to overtake us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here