Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham points deduction surely......

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As a Hammers fan, here is my take on things.

Firstly, you will not find many WH fans with illusions of grandeur. Don't forget that 2 of the verses to Bubbles are "and like my dreams, they fade and die" and "Fortune's always hiding". I would think that a large percentage of ardent WH fans would take a dip to league one if it meant getting rid of the owners.

Talking of the owners, they sold us a dream. A world class stadium suitable for champions league football with seats going right to the pitch. No wonder many voted for it.

Champions league football withing 5 years after investing in the team.

A debt free club

There's many many more that I can't think of off the top of my head but the promises and lies by the dildo brothers has caused this. Most supporters will not rest until they're gone.

As many have said....bloody joke of a club.

If ever you get rid of the owners, do you think WHU will get a proper football stadium elsewhere in the not too distant future? Are their sites?

IMO, the overly spacious stadium with its shallow gradient tiers, will rarely generate a 12th man atmosphere.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
IMG_20180310_WA0004.jpg

I think the fact that the Tweeter's bio states that he writes for "The Daily Mong" suggests this may not be an entirely true story, along Forest Echo News lines.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Lost all patience with any West Ham supporter after the absolute farce of cheating and lying re the Tevez and Mascherano affair etc.

Whingers extraordinaire.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Are you helping him promote his book?

When I saw that link, I wondered firstly what an ass pennant is, and secondly, what role such an item plays in PPF's life.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Drawing parallels with our new stadium is a red herring. We didn't have one, West Ham did.

I'm hugely sympathetic to their fans. There was obviously much more to the match day experience than 90 mins. Pubs you always went to, cafes where the staff had been serving the fans for decades.

They had all that ripped away on the promise they would be competing with Man City. We'd have probably voted for the same.

Turns out it was total bollocks. A pipe dream where the owners thought that a rented Athletics stadium hosting football would generate millions as a new London tourist attraction to compete with The London Eye.

There I've said it :)

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
As a Hammers fan, here is my take on things.

Firstly, you will not find many WH fans with illusions of grandeur. Don't forget that 2 of the verses to Bubbles are "and like my dreams, they fade and die" and "Fortune's always hiding". I would think that a large percentage of ardent WH fans would take a dip to league one if it meant getting rid of the owners.

Talking of the owners, they sold us a dream. A world class stadium suitable for champions league football with seats going right to the pitch. No wonder many voted for it.

Champions league football withing 5 years after investing in the team.

A debt free club

There's many many more that I can't think of off the top of my head but the promises and lies by the dildo brothers has caused this. Most supporters will not rest until they're gone.

As many have said....bloody joke of a club.

This is your first season there... no you're not competing with the big teams yet.. but did you really think it would happen overnight?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is your first season there... no you're not competing with the big teams yet.. but did you really think it would happen overnight?

Second season, but your point's still valid.

Personally a think the wide open stadium, with very long sight-lines and huge distant to the pitch, will rarely generate the atmosphere to give a home boost to the team. Making CL football and silverware as unlikely as it was at the Boleyn.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love the fact he sits so far away from the pitch, he has to watch the game on a monitor :lol: :-

TELEMMGLPICT000157052775_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqiUuvBizZT2q34Osm0tNw7VBhXdHmfkrnSr13vFPto4.jpeg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Team fans on this one. They have been bullshitted by a pair of shysters and I don't blame them for kicking off.

Did anyone watch the game? It looked on Match of the Day that West Ham were the better team in the first half.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I thought from day one that the Olympic stadium was a giant upmarket Withdean without the views, no idea why so many of your fans were so keen on it. I have never been there though so I may be wrong. :shrug:

Speaking to my brother in law yesterday,a West Ham season ticket holder of many years . He was saying that the survey asked to the fans about moving to the new stadium was rigged by the dildo brothers. Nowhere near the amount of fans wanted to move as has been suggested.
Personally couldn't give a monkeys , but can see the fans frustrations as they've been continually lied to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here