Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mourinho - SACKED

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I spent the better part of two decades hating Liverpool. It probably stemmed from being pretty much the only kid in a Lewes primary school class that supported Brighton. Everyone else claimed they had some distant family in Liverpool to justify their support of the winning team of the day. Now that they've had almost 30 years "in the wilderness" I'm finally over all that, can appreciate the style of the current crop and am happy enough to see them do well.

Manchester United now occupy that portion of my brain (not already being used up by Palace) that processes Schadenfreude. I reckon they've got to have another 15 years in the doldrums at least before I let them off the hook.

Ha ha ha ha ha!

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I spent the better part of two decades hating Liverpool. It probably stemmed from being pretty much the only kid in a Lewes primary school class that supported Brighton. Everyone else claimed they had some distant family in Liverpool to justify their support of the winning team of the day. Now that they've had almost 30 years "in the wilderness" I'm finally over all that, can appreciate the style of the current crop and am happy enough to see them do well.

Manchester United now occupy that portion of my brain (not already being used up by Palace) that processes Schadenfreude. I reckon they've got to have another 15 years in the doldrums at least before I let them off the hook.

Ha ha ha ha ha!

THIS, with (jingle) bells on :D :D :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Whilst I agree with the sentiment that someone needs to be given time to build, you can't say that there hasn't been money available for Mourinho to spend. If it's the case that the signings were all ones that Mourinho wanted, then he only has himself to blame – he has spent nearly £400m!

Oh, I don't dispute that Mourinho has pissed that money up the wall. I was talking about the incoming manager who won't have the funds that JM has had

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Utd are away to Spurs in mid January.

Will the new stadium be ready for Pochettino to manage in the opening game?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the rot set in during Fergie's final season in 2012/13.

There was a perfect storm of a desperation to gain revenge on Man City for robbing them of a title with that last-gasp Aguero goal. Consequently, Utd were a team on a mission, with average players over-performing, while Wenger's Arsenal were on the slide and all the other big clubs changed managers so were in transition.

I don't buy the argument that following a legend manager is an impossible task, i.e. the successful start by Unai Emery at Arsenal following Wenger's departure. The killer was the weak squad Fergie left Moyes, the departure of David Gill and the consequent loss of nous in the boardroom, the loss of the long-standing backroom staff in Phelan, Steele, Meulensteen.

They also got the appointment of Moyes wrong, handing him a 6 year contract. His career has imploded ever since he took the job. Ironically, Pochettino became available one year later and Spurs' gain is Utd's loss. Man Utd should have been in the hunt for Klopp but missed out then had fallen behind City by the time Guardiola became available.

As for where they go from here, Pochettino is the obvious choice but why would he move to Utd when Spurs have the most amazing stadium, Champions League football, the best striker in the Prem and he is idolised by the Spurs fans?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fair play to the artist-formerly-known-as-The-Special-One for knocking Brexit bolleaux into third place on the 1pm BBC News.

Running order:

1. Food waste recycling
2. Mourinho sacked
3. Brexit bolleaux

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
As for where they go from here, Pochettino is the obvious choice but why would he move to Utd when Spurs have the most amazing stadium, Champions League football, the best striker in the Prem and he is idolised by the Spurs fans?

Managing the biggest club in the world??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here