• Remain / TMs deal

Votes: 180 54.7%
  • Remain / No deal

Votes: 39 11.9%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Could Argentina or Spain hold up the ratification of our schedule tariffs? Its a very fair organisation isn't it?

Well as long as the USA isn't blocking the appointment of judges to the WTO Appellate Body, we will be able to appeal to them ................ oh

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well as long as the USA isn't blocking the appointment of judges to the WTO Appellate Body, we will be able to appeal to them ................ oh

That doesn't sound good the US are our 2nd biggest trading partner and we've got a large trade surplus with them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Could Argentina or Spain hold up the ratification of our schedule tariffs? Its a very fair organisation isn't it?

We don't have too many friends in the big wide world these days, I'm sure the Saudis' will support us, at a price !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No we should not pay it, unless it can be proved in court that the money is owed.

Who's court though? you don't like the ECJ ? are you going to trawl around to find one that gives you the answer you want ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We don't have too many friends in the big wide world these days, I'm sure the Saudis' will support us, at a price !

Don't worry, panic over

No deal will mean we will agree a new final date and work towards it. No pay outs. No terms we don't like, and nothing will change.... to begin with. We will agree things like citizens rights etc as we go, document by documents. If we don't agree on something, it won't happen.

I think we will leave on the 29th. I think we will leave without a deal. We will have a transition period.

I bet that Russia, USA, New Zealand, Brazil, the EU etc etc didn't realise who they were dealing with :lolol:

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But what would we do if, for instance, say Russia objected to our WTO submissions and blocked them :whistle:

(I'm still trying to figure out who's 2nd account you are)

Hmm, I remember a Btnbelle from another forum quite a few years ago. That thought had occurred to me earlier.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Do you think the WTO is very democratic compared to working with the EU?

I haven't concerned myself with the whole world's corruption problems. I am sure you we can always find reason to worry.

I made a decision in a democratic referendum, that I remain very happy with!

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
But what would we do if, for instance, say Russia objected to our WTO submissions and blocked them :whistle:

(I'm still trying to figure out who's 2nd account you are)

My goodness, do you sleep at night with all these worries you concoct....

(You will be pleased to hear, I am like Tigger, The only one!) (My mischievous side argues I am really WATFORD zero and like arguing with myself!)

D

Deleted member 2719

Attachments

• Eu vote.PNG
    Eu vote.PNG
    74.4 KB · Views: 81

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I haven't concerned myself with the whole world's corruption problems. I am sure you we can always find reason to worry.

I made a decision in a democratic referendum, that I remain very happy with!

I'm not suggesting you concern myself with the whole world's corruption problems. But you might be wise to understand how the WTO works and how easy it is for one of 146 countries to stop our tariff schedules from being ratified.

No deal, no problem. Don't get groomed....

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You argue against your own points. Strange chap.

Here you go,here is a BBC piece on Sovereignty and laws from before the referendum. It will no doubt be tough going for you to comprehend going by your replies on here but stick with it and read it a few times so it can sink in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36247456

Here are some snippets

“parliaments are sovereign”
“But in 1972, the UK Parliament decided to give up some of that sovereignty”
“many EU regulations that are automatically binding on the UK and do not pass through Parliament”.
“Parliament has ceded some sovereignty to the EU over these and other issues”
“Parliament remains theoretically sovereign.”

Mirrors exactly what I wrote and what you inexplicably dispute as wrong and untrue.

You know what Pasta? I’ve missed you.

Always happy to continually put you in your place and educate you, expecting one of your daft responses like "whatevs" or similar that you resort to when you have been schooled.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
But you might be wise to understand how the WTO works and how easy it is for one of 146 countries to stop our tariff schedules from being ratified.

Doesnt prevent us trading with anyone though even if there is a dispute that prevent schedules being certified. WTO rules allow for continued trading when disputes arise.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Here you go,here is a BBC piece on Sovereignty and laws from before the referendum. It will no doubt be tough going for you to comprehend going by your replies on here but stick with it and read it a few times so it can sink in.

Here are some snippets

“many EU regulations that are automatically binding on the UK and do not pass through Parliament”.

Mirrors exactly what I wrote and what you inexplicably dispute as wrong and untrue.

Always happy to continually put you in your place and educate you, expecting one of your daft responses like "whatevs" or similar that you resort to when you have been schooled.

From that webpage:

Leaving the EU would restore parliamentary sovereignty, returning power from Brussels to Westminster so that the decisions that affect our lives are made by politicians who we can hold to account by kicking them out at a general election.

I would say that ultimately all decisions were being made by politicians that we could kick out at a GE, as those politicians were making an active choice, i.e. we always have had the power, as is evident at the moment.

Clearly this would be different if we ended up in the backstop. Then parliament really would be ceding sovereignty and losing power; albeit in theory only temporarily. Obviously an unacceptable proposition though, particularly given the leverage this gives the EU in securing them a better long term deal.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
From that webpage:

I would say that ultimately all decisions were being made by politicians that we could kick out at a GE, as those politicians were making an active choice, i.e. we always have had the power, as is evident at the moment.

Clearly this would be different if we ended up in the backstop. Then parliament really would be ceding sovereignty and losing power; albeit in theory only temporarily. Obviously an unacceptable proposition though, particularly given the leverage this gives the EU in securing them a better long term deal.

You have quoted a theoretical argument from that article and you are entitled to interpret it anyway you like.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
It doesn’t matter what form Brexit takes, it’s fundamentally flawed. Leave voters, no matter how much evidence they see to the contrary still think Leave is a good idea. This is why people think leave voters are stupid.

Is it a good idea for a lot more then tens of thousand of extra people every year increasing the population ,with the resident population having no say in this ,will we have to build more housing ,schools ,hospitals etc in the countryside where is everybody going to go ?

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
I'm not suggesting you concern myself with the whole world's corruption problems. But you might be wise to understand how the WTO works and how easy it is for one of 146 countries to stop our tariff schedules from being ratified.

Trump has no trouble with outrageous tariffs.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Here are some snippets

You really have been rather selective and edit happy with those snippets. Most of them have second lines such as “however we have the power to vetoe many of these decisions” etc. Very disingenuous of you Pasta, old boy. You keep on getting things wrong.

You put a lot of energy into someone that has slightly annoyed you on the Internet. And I love you for it. X

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here