Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We Lost @home To Chelsea

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We are improving and learning all the time. At 2-0 down I thought the end result would be a repeat of last year's 4-0. To be able to get a goal back, and limit them in the second half was a big improvement.
The team is evolving, and evolving takes time.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Hodgson would say, we won the second half, but not by enough goals.
Not particularly disappointed with what I saw yesterday, in fact quite encouraged. It isn't just the players that are gaining experience and progressing, the management are too, Hughton will have learned something from yesterday, and I am pretty happy at the progress all are making.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Anyone booing the players at half time needs to take a long hard look at themselves. **** off if you're going to do that and don't come back. First half was frustrating but booing ? No way.

I like a good boo, at this time of year especially what with so many sentimental films on...and they’ve remade Watership Down!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think, like others have said, it was more the nature of the first half performance and the 'what if we'd played like the last 25 minutes for the whole game' thing. But football isn't like that – it's why the team looks like world-beaters against Palace and then all over the shop yesterday.

The nature of the second half performance shows what the squad has in strength in depth – to think that we were close (sort of) to getting a point from Chelsea is a massive improvement on last season, for example.

No complaints from me yesterday – apart from about the official by the East Stand.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hodgson would say, we won the second half, but not by enough goals.
Not particularly disappointed with what I saw yesterday, in fact quite encouraged. It isn't just the players that are gaining experience and progressing, the management are too, Hughton will have learned something from yesterday, and I am pretty happy at the progress all are making.

This board is no place for perspective, rational thinking and common sense. Begone !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He wasn't. I bumped into Beachy at half time and to say we were "concerned" was an understatement.

But it's a game of two halves.

Just wish we changed our style a little earlier.
Style is just part of it though, and no style would have worked with the amount of misplaced passes we made. Regardless of Chris's instructions before the game, the players weren't playing well. Despite us not playing well, Chelsea were still restricted to few chances, and was the second goal down to Chris?

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I bet you weren't using the word "enjoy", or any derivatives, at half-time.

I haven't read any of the bloodletting threads, but I did enjoy it. I thought for the majority of the 1st half we had done OK without threatrening - we had more possession than I have seen us have against one of the big 6, and but for the goals, a rather fortuitous break for Hazard for the 1st and a gift that one of the best players in the world was not going to refuse, we had kept them at bay and look relatively untroubled. Dont think Ryan had a save to make - one free kick straight at him, Ruiger header wide were the only moments I was really concerned? The 2nd goal clearly knocked the stuffing out of us for the rest of the half and we struggled to keep possession but before that? No doubt people can debate the Stephens inclusion and the Murray for Andone choice, but that is as good a performance across 90 mins against a genuine top 4 contender that I have seen I think - and lets not pretend Man Utd this season or Arsenal last season are in that category.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here