Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Today’s ref Stuart Attwell

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I bow to your greater knowledge but why was this law changed? Doesn’t it make the Lino look a bit of a prat standing there with his flag pointing across the pitch?

It was changed in an attempt to speed up the game. At the same time as they brought in the one about not needing to play the ball forwards from the kickoff.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
When their keeper got booked for timewasting, he saw the referee coming over with his yellow card so booted the ball away. I know it would never happen but it could be argued he should have got a yellow for the timewasting and another one for kicking the ball away.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It was changed in an attempt to speed up the game. At the same time as they brought in the one about not needing to play the ball forwards from the kickoff.

The point is that you can be in an offside position without it being an offence, ie it's only an offence when you are interfering with play (which many would argue that was the situation for the first goal!!).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I can feel a telling off coming. Piltdown......

I give up. If some wish to continue to post utter shite because they’re ignorant of the laws of the game that’s their issue.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I give up. If some wish to continue to post utter shite because they’re ignorant of the laws of the game that’s their issue.

Funnily enough, didn't this come up in the Boxing Day away game at Chelsea last season? Think Mike Dean was the ref and he gave a similar decision and of course everyone politely pointed out that the free-kick couldn't be taken in our half. It was only later that I found out the new ruling and he had actually been correct. *spits*

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Having seen the replay I think the assistant has to flag and then let the ref make a decision as to whether he was interfering. Good case that he was, but we’d have been upset if it was given against us...

Would we? Legitimate call, I'd have taken it against us.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well he might have slightly favoured the bigger team but all in all we were the architects of our own failures not the refs

Must have been watching a different game, the guy, and his assistants were a complete liability. You, I guess, thought the offside free kick taken 10 yards inside our half was legit? The elbow on Knocky? The pull back on March? The offside first goal - debatable but legitimate? Alonso staying on the pitch? Yeah he was ok for sure.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Shocking

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Anyone see the east stand lino’s performance at corners? What was that all about?

Poised over the ball, he was clicking his fingers as if he was counting in some big band jazz routine: a one, a two, a one, two, three, four. Go Solly go. Bizarre.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I wish someone like Paul Barber could send a report to the referees association detailing these things. Referees must be accountable. I know they're human, and can make mistakes, but when it is so blatant, then a club has a right to make representations.
They wouldn't have the time or energy to read it. Better to get someone else to do it and get straight to the point.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Must have been watching a different game, the guy, and his assistants were a complete liability. You, I guess, thought the offside free kick taken 10 yards inside our half was legit? The elbow on Knocky? The pull back on March? The offside first goal - debatable but legitimate? Alonso staying on the pitch? Yeah he was ok for sure.

There had to be one!!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here