Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Question Time tonight - in WORTHING

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I have never heard of any of them. Why isn't it an all female panel? Is should reflect the massive female population in Worthing. 3:1 apparently. But sadly they are mostly over 70.

I'll be tuning in to spot the inevitable Worthing faces in the crowd though.

Do you reckon there are any Question Time groupies, who follow it wherever it goes - it wouldn't surprise me.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Do you reckon there are any Question Time groupies, who follow it wherever it goes - it wouldn't surprise me.

They supposedly get a cross section of the population to reflect all political parties. I assume it is different every week, and locally based people.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Question time in Worthing?

“Oi, what are you looking at you c*nt?”
“Scuse bruv, you got 20p I can borra?”
“Alright mate, know anyone who can sort me out a tens. My dealer ain’t answering.”

IM IN.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I never watch it - it's just a shouting match, where people just get more entrenched in their original view, it's not a healthy debate. Pointless (ah, there's already a TV program with that name). Worthing's quite nice, though.

It’s highly likely that no panelist or audience member has ever changed their view after listening to others there. Same old entrenched views, with Dimbleby shite-stirring and very weakly allowing bullies on the panel to dominate.

I only ever watch for the entertainment, when they have entrenched views A-Listers on.

My dream panel would include Will Self, Peter Hitchens, Diane Abbott, David Starkey, Katie Hopkins and Nigel Farage.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
At least David Dimbleby won't take long to get home this evening. A 20 minute drive eastwards on the A27 at Knockaert speeds will be sufficient.

True story. A couple of weeks ago I was in Waitrose Hailsham and DD ambled past in a crumpled suit with a trolley full of wine, bags of charcoal briquettes and other BBQ goodies.

He got preferential service because they opened a special checkout just for him, while I had to wait in the queue with the rest of the plebs. *******.!!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bit showy offy of you really but can I have your autograph?

walt-disney-photo-u38

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Will they find anybody still up in Worthing at show time?Suppose there are some Labour supporters who sleep all day-that should supply the bigots.Gammon?Is this bloke going?

gammon.png

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My dream panel would include Will Self, Peter Hitchens, Diane Abbott, David Starkey, Katie Hopkins and Nigel Farage.

Ahh, Dr David Starkey.

No matter WHAT the question is about, he somehow always manages to shoe-horn in the fact that he's gay. Me and my dad have text-bets on what time he'll first mention it.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Question time in Worthing?

“Oi, what are you looking at you c*nt?”
“Scuse bruv, you got 20p I can borra?”
“Alright mate, know anyone who can sort me out a tens. My dealer ain’t answering.”

IM IN.

Ah, it's been switched to Croydon at the last minute then.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Harty?
I have never heard of any of them. Why isn't it an all female panel? Is should reflect the massive female population in Worthing. 3:1 apparently. But sadly they are mostly over 70.

I'll be tuning in to spot the inevitable Worthing faces in the crowd though.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It's all PC gone mad isn't it?

Not really,all the saddos on there are really funny if you're bored enough to watch.Normal people pick up the highlights,if any,on social media.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Worthing is awash with hipsters and Brightonian exiles so it might not be as 'Brexit Central' as many might predict. OK. I might have overstated it a bit.

Worthing was 53% leave, 47% remain, so only very slightly above the average.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Worthing is awash with hipsters and Brightonian exiles so it might not be as 'Brexit Central' as many might predict. OK. I might have overstated it a bit.

Its interesting when you look at the results of Brexit based on parts of the country breakdown. 382 authorities, 263 voted to leave, that's 69%, more than two thirds of the country.

Of those 263, Worthing was 220th, so some distance short of hard Brexit, but more reflective of the rest of the country than Brighton and Hove :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here