Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5 clear, 3 to play, we are safe

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And swans are playing , as well as Saints, um , Stoke !
There's a good chance Stoke will be relegated when they play Palace, so I'm not sure they'll muster much fight for Swansea.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
I love the way that posters say they cannot see X team winning a certain game or getting any more points. We beat Arsenal, Hudds beat Man Utd, Swansea beat Liverpool and West Brom won at old Trafford a few weeks ago. At the end of the season you get strange results. I imagine those of you sitting there typing about how we are definitely safe are the same ones who said we would win the league 7 points ahead with 3 games to go last season.

Let's not beat around the bush, for now we are still very much in a relegation battle.
Not according to Sky Sports

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
MOTD talked about the relegation battle with a graphic showing West Ham downwards.

They have been doing that for a while now...it was the same on the radio...we are not mentioned as a team that will go down. I think it is because a lot of the teams below have just as hard games ( Hudds appear the most in peril) but of course with Swansea playing fellow strugglers, they will be the ones who could dictate who drops.

It won't be us.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Yes I know as I was being pedantic, A good result for us at Old Trafford as United are now guaranteed Euro League next season so may not be too keen on a fight for points. Mind that also applies to their game v Huddersfield

We're playing at Old Trafford again? Bugger!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There's a good chance Stoke will be relegated when they play Palace, so I'm not sure they'll muster much fight for Swansea.

I thought I’d read on here that everyone below us is going on a winning streak without exception.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
MOTD talked about the relegation battle with a graphic showing West Ham downwards.

91cc8faf12a1aa45e4beb8b2855c832b.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's face it - Southampton will lose on Saturday at Everton, as will a woeful away Swansea at Bournemouth - and it will be happy days regardless of any other results.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought I’d read on here that everyone below us is going on a winning streak without exception.
You misread.

If anyone has been saying they genuinely believe we will go down, then they're obviously pretty negative. What people have been saying is that it's not that improbable that we'd lose out last 5 and that the teams below us would get past our 35 points. That's fair enough.

As things stand now, some just don't want to count their chickens because experience has taught them that anything can happen in a few games of football.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Let's face it - Southampton will lose on Saturday at Everton, as will a woeful away Swansea at Bournemouth - and it will be happy days regardless of any other results.
Right, but only one of them needs a point to halt our celebrations. Unless we've already got a result from the night before :)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Saints are er, playing Swansea who are fighting for their life. And Man City who going by their sluggish performance today have clearly given up the ghost.

And swans are playing , as well as Saints, um , Stoke !

Swansea are playinjg Bournemouth and then Stoke on the last day so they can lose against Shampton. And Shampton can beat Everton and Swansea so they don't need to beat City. Going into the last game of the season it could see us needing a draw to stay up and Huddersfiled needing to beat Arsenal and West Ham needing to beat Leicester.

We can only probably assume the outcome of the season next weekend but it won't take a miracle to have four teams within 2 points of us on the last day of the season. We can only start celebrating another season with a draw against Man U at the earliest. I don't really get the "Chances are we will stay up" confidence even though the chances are we will. I recon we have 80% chance of staying up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Swansea are playinjg Bournemouth and then Stoke on the last day so they can lose against Shampton. And Shampton can beat Everton and Swansea so they don't need to beat City. Going into the last game of the season it could see us needing a draw to stay up and Huddersfiled needing to beat Arsenal and West Ham needing to beat Leicester.

We can only probably assume the outcome of the season next weekend but it won't take a miracle to have four teams within 2 points of us on the last day of the season. We can only start celebrating another season with a draw against Man U at the earliest. I don't really get the "Chances are we will stay up" confidence even though the chances are we will. I recon we have 80% chance of staying up.

So you're thinking more like 5/1 to go down rather than the 50/1 or 66/1 the bookies are offering ?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
i suspect we will go to Liverpool not safe but a few teams will need to win to over take us.

Still enough for bums to twitch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
i suspect we will go to Liverpool not safe but a few teams will need to win to over take us.

Still enough for bums to twitch.

It may or may not come to that but we are definitely not “safe” as things stand, it’s just wishful thinking to say we are. We have, at the moment, less chance of going down than a few other clubs but nobody has a run in like ours.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It may or may not come to that but we are definitely not “safe” as things stand, it’s just wishful thinking to say we are. We have, at the moment, less chance of going down than a few other clubs but nobody has a run in like ours.

Except Huddersfield

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Spot on! Almost safe - yes; nearly safe - yes; probably safe - yes. But just 'safe' on its own............no, not yet. Asking for trouble, that is!

Absolutely this.
WBA can not catch us.
Stoke can not catch us.
It would need all of Southampton, Swansea, Huddersfield and West Ham to overhaul us over the next three games. ........ Unlikely but POSSIBLE.

Edit- By the same token, Watford, Crystal Palace and Huddersfield are not yet safe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here